Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,301 to 1,307 of 1307

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    In Germany and Austria, the Super7 vintage wave 1 is now available at Gamestop stores:

https://youtu.be/F2G2laMs5r4
    Also at Gamestops in Switzerland... There was also the third wave of reaction! It is so cool to see this figures at retail!

Weird... there is also the MOTUC Stridor

the fye by my moms house has plenty of these, they are not moving in the san diego area at all.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Honestly....this MOTU She-Ra just looks ugly to me. Sad but true. Her stance, her proportions, her face, that dinky cape, the hard skirt...

....it's a real shame they didn't try to make a Filmation accurate She-Ra in the style of the Vintage POP figures, with fabric and rooted hair. That's always been the dream for me anyways.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Honestly....this MOTU She-Ra just looks ugly to me. Sad but true. Her stance, her proportions, her face, that dinky cape, the hard skirt...

....it's a real shame they didn't try to make a Filmation accurate She-Ra in the style of the Vintage POP figures, with fabric and rooted hair. That's always been the dream for me anyways.
    I finally picked a figure from this line last week and She-Ra was the first one. I agree she is ugly, however I really think if she had been included in the MOTU vintage line to match Teela and Evil-Lyn - this is what she would have looked like. I think she looks fairly authentic, in a 80s/vintage style.

I haven't opened her, after all the horror stories regarding QC in this wave, I've kept her carded, I think she looks great like that.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    While Iíve doubled down on Funkoís 5.5s (cheaper to start with and the new Target Primal Age figures fixed the engineering issues; best 5.5s Iíve ever owned), the QC on the Super7 figures has scared me off.

Mattel has been teasing their own plans for 5.5s (Faker, Adam, He-Man, Slime Pit, Anti-Eternia) at SDCC and PowerCon last year. It looks to be a shrunken retro tool of the 12 inch giants, possibly with a nylon leg band and a peg to lock the figures standing if so. If Mattel announces those at Toy Fair next week, Iím in.

I appreciate the design of S7ís (not a fan of He-Man or She-Raís head sculpts) but they didnít improve QC enough in their second release. Funko meanwhile fixed Primal Ageís issues in their second release (just 3 months later) and they wound up being more sturdy and satisfying to me than actual vintage figures. It helped for me that Funkoís figures were closer to $10 than $20 and was enough to convince me to hunt down and repurchase the whole first wave.

Am I reading correctly? That wave 1 will be re-issued. With better hip joints?

Also,now that Brandon has left Mattel,my hopes for motu there are about zero now,so super7 really needs the QC to be way better.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Am I reading correctly? That wave 1 will be re-issued. With better hip joints?

Also,now that Brandon has left Mattel,my hopes for motu there are about zero now,so super7 really needs the QC to be way better.
    Wave 1 WAS the improvement from the 2 packs.

Iím gonna cross my fingers Funko gets the 87 movie license. They seem to have addressed QC issues now and about 90% of their 5.5s are WB properties. I believe the 87 movie merch rights are at WB. And WB hasnít shown a willingness to affordably license to Mattel or Super7 so maybe Funko will pony up. (For ref: Zorn? NOT WB. Thundercats, DC, Arnold Conan, Mortal Kombat, and about half of the Funko 5.5 Horror figures were WB. Zorn and 2 or 3 of the Horror figs have been the only non-WB 5.5s from Funko. So upwards of 40 WB figures and 4 non-WB.)