Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,276 to 1,299 of 1299

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd like to see some all-new stuff that we have no idea is coming. I love the idea that the 5.5" line could continue like back in the day- where we had no idea who was who until they showed up in stores and we had to buy them, look at the card art and read the mini-comic to see what Clawful, Whiplash, etc. were all about.
    I wouldn’t necessarily mind original concept Super 7 figures but the only problem I see is that it would never be like the 80s. It’s not like we are going to walk into a store in 2019 and see some unannounced wave of figures. The prototypes will be at Toy Fair and SDCC and the the preorders will be solicited on Super 7’s and BBTS etc websites months (if not years) ahead of time unfortunately. We’ll have plenty of time to anticipate these lol. I think they rely too much on preorders to just let an entire wave secret from everyone until release day.

I understand the sentiment though.

I remember walking into a store, finding that 1 new figure, flipping it over and seeing the rest of them, then raking through the pegs trying to see if I could find all the new figures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I wouldn’t necessarily mind original concept Super 7 figures but the only problem I see is that it would never be like the 80s. It’s not like we are going to walk into a store in 2019 and see some unannounced wave of figures. The prototypes will be at Toy Fair and SDCC and the the preorders will be solicited on Super 7’s and BBTS etc websites months (if not years) ahead of time unfortunately. We’ll have plenty of time to anticipate these lol. I think they rely too much on preorders to just let an entire wave secret from everyone until release day.

I understand the sentiment though.
    Oh that part I totally get. I guess I just phrased it wrong... I guess what I meant was instead of producing 5.5"s of characters we've known and loved over the years (using for example a 5.5" version of Queen Marlena, Shokoti, King Miro, Songster, Strobo, etc), they could produce 5.5" characters that are just in general all-new to us. We'd see the pre-orders and prototypes and all that months in advance as usual, but the reveals would be more like "Oh wow! What/who in the world is this character?"

Heroic Warrior
    Ah ok, I got ya. If done well, I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that myself. I’d like to see something that is a few steps above the Three Terrors though.

The 3 Terrors were rough, like someone took heads off a dog's squeeze toy and popped it on a MOTU body.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    The 3 Terrors were rough, like someone took heads off a dog's squeeze toy and popped it on a MOTU body.

Yeah I am a completist but I purposely skipped over acquiring those guys lol.

Court Magician
    There are so many 5.5s I’d love for them to do: things we’ve seen before but never got, things from the archives we haven’t seen yet, new things they just made up!

Favorites I’m hoping for:
    Faker
    Bow
    Photog
    Castle Grayskull Man
    Orko
    Cringer
    Battle Cat
    Panthor

Ah ok, I got ya. If done well, I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that myself. I’d like to see something that is a few steps above the Three Terrors though.
    Agreed! I have them, they're fun in a bootleggish kind of way and I like the idea of them... but the head proportions and sculpts are pretty amateur hour!

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post

They remind me of those erasers that would totally crumble and fall apart.

I really like the idea behind those figures though. I’d be down for MOTUC versions with updates sculpts.

A filmation sorceress but with a new sculpted head. The new She-Ra and Teela heads look off, they are basically clones of the 80s Teela head.
    Man at arms new filmation head is spot on.

A vintage filmation Mer-Man would be nice also.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If I understand how they're handling this correctly, are we safe to assume their 5.5" line -based on the waves so far- are being split in two much like Classics/Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull?
    Wave One with all Filmation into 5.5" scale, He-Ro and Eldor being their own wave as previously unproduced vintage concepts into 5.5" scale, and Wave Two again being all Filmation into 5.5"...
    I have no idea who'd they'd put out in a Wave Three of Filmation into 5.5", but for a follow-up wave to He-Ro & Eldor I'd like to see some all-new stuff that we have no idea is coming. I love the idea that the 5.5" line could continue like back in the day- where we had no idea who was who until they showed up in stores and we had to buy them, look at the card art and read the mini-comic to see what Clawful, Whiplash, etc. were all about.
    I think King Grayskull has become a must-have for the era. Do you think it would be too crazy to have 200x King Hiss?

There were also some filler mini-comic Snakemen as I recall.

The Fighting Foe Men would be interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I think King Grayskull has become a must-have for the era. Do you think it would be too crazy to have 200x King Hiss?

There were also some filler mini-comic Snakemen as I recall.

The Fighting Foe Men would be interesting as well.
    A 200X Hiss in 5.5" would be cool because aside from Stonedar, he's the only "faction leader" that never enjoyed a variant refresh in the classic toy line. In general I would love to see more 5.5" Snakemen AND Rock People, as those factions were introduced and then sort of neglected as the line went on.
    I'm sure they'd do a King Grayskull, though personally I'm not interested.

Widget
    Supercast Episode 14 now online... and as predicted no mention of the quality issues AND MORE pre orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Supercast Episode 14 now online... and as predicted no mention of the quality issues AND MORE pre orders.
    "Give us your money."

"My figure arrived damaged..."

*cricket* *cricket*

"My figure arrived with missing accessories..."

*cricket* *cricket*

"Check out the awesome new PRE-ORDERS!!!!" "Give us your money!!"

"...but, my last figures arrive--..."

"NEW PRE-ORDERS!!!!!!"
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

In Germany and Austria, the Super7 vintage wave 1 is now available at Gamestop stores:

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Saw this test shot on eBay.

super7shera.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    My apologies if this is in the right spot to ask this, but does anyone know if FYE will be getting these figures again? I didn’t know they were stocking them and I just happen to come across a lone Hornak after checking this thread earlier today. The employees were clueless

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0s81 View Post
    My apologies if this is in the right spot to ask this, but does anyone know if FYE will be getting these figures again? I didn’t know they were stocking them and I just happen to come across a lone Hornak after checking this thread earlier today. The employees were clueless
    It looks like all except She-Ra are still in stock at BBTS, unless you buy the set of four. You could return Hordak to FYE and do that 🤷. Shipping’s pretty cheap there and you could preorder Wave 2 too.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...21&Company=279

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    It looks like all except She-Ra are still in stock at BBTS, unless you buy the set of four. You could return Hordak to FYE and do that 🤷. Shipping’s pretty cheap there and you could preorder Wave 2 too.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...21&Company=279

I would but the quality control on these seems to be incredibly bad, so I was hoping to be able to look at them physically in store before pulling the trigger .

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by andr0s81 View Post
    I would but the quality control on these seems to be incredibly bad, so I was hoping to be able to look at them physically in store before pulling the trigger .
    I get that. FWIW, my Skeletor was great!

Heroic Warrior
    Best Pre-Order price I see for She-Ra right now is $14.81 plus state sales tax from DeepDiscount.com. Scheduled for a 1/28/19 release date. $2.00 shipping to my zip code at least. Apparently free shipping for orders over $25 I believe. Standard price of $20 for the other 3.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/masters...ra/81116903075

Heroic Warrior
    Best Pre-Order price I see for She-Ra right now is $14.81 plus state sales tax from DeepDiscount.com. Scheduled for a 1/28/19 release date. $2.00 shipping to my zip code at least. Apparently free shipping for orders over $25 I believe. Standard price of $20 for the other 3.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/masters...ra/81116903075
    Counter: I ordered from Deepdiscount in October and they haven’t shipped yet. They shipped me other stuff from those orders but their S7 shipments have gotten delayed continuously.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Counter: I ordered from Deepdiscount in October and they haven’t shipped yet. They shipped me other stuff from those orders but their S7 shipments have gotten delayed continuously.
    To be honest I’m not surprised. I think it’s more an issue on Super 7’s end than Deep Discounts. I’m thinking they are still sorting out issues with the Epic Battles packs and the first releases of the singles (among other issues) and everything keeps getting pushed back. So anything that was ordered from Super 7 by these other retailers after Super 7s initial preorder window is probably delayed. In other words I think they’ve basically shipped out everything that was already manufactured and they need to do additional runs to fill any more orders. Which makes me wonder how soon (if ever) FYE gets more of this wave in.

But that’s only my theory. I have no actual inside information.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol interestingly, Deep Discount now has She-Ra’s “Available Date” listed as February 4th now. Not “Release Date” but “Available Date”. Whatever the difference ultimately is.
    Last edited by whakojacko; January 20, 2019 at 05:09pm.

Widget

Lol interestingly, Deep Discount now has She-Ra’s “Available Date” listed as February 4th now. Not “Release Date” but “Available Date”. Whatever the difference ultimately is.
    Semantics - officially, the product has been released - it's just not in stock, I suppose.