Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

These look incredible. I can't believe that we are finally going to get a Hero and Eldor! Now bring on Green Goddess

Oh and Anti Eternia He-Man!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I hope they will include original action features and this back card:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...front_full.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Gray/gray.jpg

i agree.. i really HOPE they use the POG card back for HE-RO and ELDOR and not the regular card. its POG for crying out loud. they have the ELDOR and HE-RO card backs already. i'm sure they will add the book of living spells with eldor, but what about the real holograms? go all out... and the original story mini comics for part 2 and 3? the mattel / toy guru ones DON'T count.

maybe they will surprise us? not show too much for now?

the funny thing is that Mattel advertised that POG was coming at the 1987 toy fair, only then to cancel the line right after.. now 30 yrs later for 2017.. Super 7 will pull the plug too?

well if they release he-ro and eldor on regular cardbacks is just the same as pulling the plug
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Elder Councilman
    I'm almost hoping to consider these figures a continuation of the vintage line as opposed to simply "throwback" figures.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'll pass on As seen on TV he-man characters. But i wouldn't mind owning He-Ro and Eldor

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I'm almost hoping to consider these figures a continuation of the vintage line as opposed to simply "throwback" figures.
    I think that's the case and that's all we want.

Regarding Hero and Eldor I really hope for the POG cardbacks though.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sorely tempted by that She-Ra.

If it's affordable, I don't know how I will pass owning one. It would have made me very happy to see that on the shelves back in the day!

Skeletor is definitely the pick of these figures!

If She-Ra's skirt had been that short in the 80's a) Mattel woulda got in lots a trouble and b) [CENSORED]
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

What great Toyfair reveals. First off what a great figure to offer....This was the longed for She-Ra figure I wanted as a kid. But I do think a few small tweeks could take her from being nice to absolutely AMAZING!!!!

I think Super 7 should be looking at a slightly increased length to her skirt, (It just needs to be a bit longer at the sides), a larger cape (Just can't see enough of the red of her cape), her true vintage POP toyline arm bracer designs and a more unique face paint!

The tooth bursh holder figure's face really stands out as uniquely She-Ra rather than a repainted Teela. The faces of all the vintage female figures differ. She-Ra's face should represent her own beauty and power... the face does need work IMO.

The tiara, Vintage toy details on her boots and vintage style legs are just awesome.....I just love all of those vintage nods.

It's a great start Super 7 but personally I don't think you are quite there yet on your vintage She-Ra. I hope you will listen to some of these suggestions and really give us the most epic Vintage MOTU She-Ra possible.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Skeletor is definitely the pick of these figures!

If She-Ra's skirt had been that short in the 80's a) Mattel woulda got in lots a trouble and b) [CENSORED]
    Actually. Mattel wouldn't have got in trouble. It's no less than what Teela is wearing. Besides, how else will she fit on Swift Wind? Whether the vintage version or a new one if he is made!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    and the original story mini comics for part 2 and 3?
    As far as we know, those don't exist. Even if an outline is actually out there, that's barely scraping the surface on what is needed. Therefore, including such minicomics would mean creating them. So as long as you're okay with newly crafted story for parts 2 and 3, then that's a possibility.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hoping to see concept characters released in this line too, like Horde Mummy etc.

I think the ones shown are good and accurate. People need to visualize these as 5-6 year olds and not as adults, this is something Mattel would have released. I think that She-Ra will fit in well with the vintage Teela and Sorceress figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    It's a great start Super 7 but personally I don't think you are quite there yet on your vintage She-Ra. I hope you will listen to some of these suggestions and really give us the most epic Vintage MOTU She-Ra possible.
    I agree with all of your comments. My initial surprise did blind me to some of the flaws with this figure. A more unique head sculpt, with stronger paint apps would help. The cape definitely needs to be more prominent. And She-Ra is deserving of unique arms. Sorceress received unique arms in the vintage line and I think a theoretical She-Ra would have as well.

The skirt could definitely use some work. I'm sure that there must be a way for it to appear longer / fuller without hindering articulation so that She-Ra can still ride Swiftwind.

The She-Ra toothbrush is a great idea as a source of inspiration for what a vintage She-Ra would have looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Brian said they will indeed have the waist twist power punch. They will likely be using a ball and socket joint in the legs similar to late in the line vintage figures rather than the rubber bands. Also, while Classics remain a direct to consumer product only, the vintage line will be sold wholesale. So specialty shops and such can stock it, which is really cool!
    Excellent news!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Making these with new sculptures and colours (Filmation style) gives Super7 the best of both worlds. This gives them the ability to make dozens of old classic characters many people want, but without becoming another commemorative addition. This means they can also produce characters that never made it to the toy line - including characters from the newer cartoon personalities like He-Ro and the Three Terrors - without blurring the direction that their vintage line is taking. It's also good business, because because people who have, eg, an original Hordak are more likely to buy a new Hordak figure than a straight remake. Exact copies can be made (if at all) under their Giants line.

As-Seen-On-TV was (IMO) a brilliant excuse to make tons of old characters by actually making new figures. I'm thrilled to the bone that they are using POP source material and making a proper MOTU She-Ra! She's the pick of the littler to me. It also opens the door to MOTU Shadow Weaver, Scorpio, a new Horde Trooper, Evil Horde Tung Lashor, Rocket Mode Hordak, etc. A wealth of resources!

I'm also very glad they are taking from the more recent cartoons. I'm luke warm about He-Ro and Eldor, but if they can make these guys they can as easily make the Snake Men from 200X! I love the Snake Men best, so that's exciting for me!

Edit - it looks like He-Ro and Eldor do not have the Seen-On-TV labeling. I guess they only need that for characters who already have vintage figures? Makes sense. This also means they can make anything they want (concept characters!) regardless of TV presence.

This is wonderful news, and I'm just thrilled by what Super7 is doing with their vintage line!

Last edited by crimhead; February 19, 2017 at 10:03am.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Hoping to see concept characters released in this line too, like Horde Mummy etc.

I think the ones shown are good and accurate. People need to visualize these as 5-6 year olds and not as adults, this is something Mattel would have released. I think that She-Ra will fit in well with the vintage Teela and Sorceress figures.
    I agree, I am hoping that the Lost Wave 3-pack characters (Horroar, Hot-Shot & Lord Gr'Asp) get the vintage MotU treatment too. As a guy who was 7 when the line ended in 87', I probably would have wanted Horroar & Lord Gr'Asp as I loved monsters and Snake Men growing up.

Seeing He-Ro & Eldor get made 30 years after they were supposed to come out is so awesome to me, being able to continue the vintage line from where it left off is what I am most excited about. Being able to get these in stores, have the twist waist punch be intact AND have these have the Ball Joint hips like Snout Spout, Blast-Attak, Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor did is a great thing to improve the longevity of our new figures. Rubber band waists will rot and snap over time, ball joints will hold up better.

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-Lec-Tor View Post
    AND have these have the Ball Joint hips like Snout Spout, Blast-Attak, Flying Fists He-Man & Terror Claws Skeletor did is a great thing to improve the longevity of our new figures. Rubber band waists will rot and snap over time, ball joints will hold up better.
    Can't say I agree. My figs with busted rubber bands have been doctored with screws and o-rings and stand up just great. My Snout Sprout is loose in the legs and getting hard to stand up. When those legs eventually give up, I'm not aware they can be fixed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Lec-Tor View Post
    I am hoping that the Lost Wave 3-pack characters (Horroar, Hot-Shot & Lord Gr'Asp) get the vintage MotU treatment too.
    That I can get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I think that She-Ra will fit in well with the vintage Teela and Sorceress figures.
    Better yet, she will fit in the the (hopefully) upcoming Super7 As-Seen-On-TV Sorceress and Teela! That way I can have get a Sorceress without going broke, and Teela with the snake head dress can finally become a Snake Woman.
    Last edited by crimhead; February 19, 2017 at 10:25am.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    As far as we know, those don't exist. Even if an outline is actually out there, that's barely scraping the surface on what is needed. Therefore, including such minicomics would mean creating them. So as long as you're okay with newly crafted story for parts 2 and 3, then that's a possibility.
    It would be fantastic to get parts 2 and 3 as long as they are based on the vintage continuity that was the basis for the last vintage mini comics. (The classics version of parts 2+3 really told a different story based on a different canon.)
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Actually. Mattel wouldn't have got in trouble. It's no less than what Teela is wearing. Besides, how else will she fit on Swift Wind? Whether the vintage version or a new one if he is made!
    I agree this shorter skirt will allow the Super7 Vintage MOTU line style She-Ra to either ride Swift Wind or potentially vintage MOTU vehicles. I want these figures to be compatible with the vintage MOTU toy line including vehicles and playsets. These are great.
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

I am loving the vintage MOTU line! I remember my disappointment as a kid when the line ended. I'd love to see an 88 line, along with POP, NA, more POG and Filmation characters in this line.

She-Ra doesn't need much improvement. It's mostly a skirt. They could either go fabric, softer plastic with slits on the side, so a loin cloth, or painted skirt, or no skirt at all.
    Last edited by mykan; February 19, 2017 at 11:58am. Reason: typo
    Celebrate Princess of Power with Us!
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    Check out POP videos, reviews and toy checklists.
    http://popclassics.weebly.com

My God I'm going to go broke !!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I had no clue what the "She-ra toothbrush holder" even looked like, just googled it. She would be perfect.

I think the face and hair on the prototype is what's off about the figure. They are trying to capture the two sections of hair that come over the front of her shoulders and they aren't long enough due to what I'm assuming is an attempt to keep the head posable. The toothbrush holder hair would solve that. I think if they went that way it would be a smart choice. They should pick and choose the "Filmation" references they are trying to convey. Again, they are trying to replicate a very simplistic sculpting style, and they should be careful when translating these into vintage style figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I think they look great, and I'll definitely pick some up.

Though, a big part of the appeal of these (for me) is the possibility that they could be a gateway to get more mounts, vehicles, and playsets. If the simplified figures are easier and cheaper to produce, it stands to reason that a Colossor, Rock Men, or Dragoon done in this style would also be much easier to do than if they were done in classics style with classics articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    These look great but I wonder why they only made a new head for Skelly and not the others. Hordak is a straight repaint, Shera uses Teelas headsculpt(?) and for Heman they just changed the hair it seems. My custom Hordak:
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...dak%20ebay.jpg
    I think your work inspired them to make this line.
    In fact some fans suggest to S7 to make a vintage line on Filmation plan, showing your work.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; February 19, 2017 at 05:24pm.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    These look great but I wonder why they only made a new head for Skelly and not the others. Hordak is a straight repaint, Shera uses Teelas headsculpt(?) and for Heman they just changed the hair it seems.
    I don't know. I think there was probably quite a bit more original work on them all. They just did a great job at basing the sculpts on the vintage originals.
    The He-Man definitely looks to me like a new sculpt altogether and not just the hair--a great execution of a Filmation look through a vintage lens.

You're Hordak work looks great, by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    what if i say that i might know that they DO exist?

and if they recreate them.. they better look like 80's artwork.. include the giants, eldor intro and all, and the not my popular character.. gwildor. since it was going to be part somewhat of the POG story.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!