Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1241

Thread: Super7 Wave One 5.75" - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I was one of the lucky ones to pick up the epic battles two packs so I already knew not to get the single carded ones very hard plastic and very low quality bummer Think itís funny people have to buy extras to increase chances of getting a good one we shouldnít have to do that .Go buy some Mythic Legions if you want good quality and awesome figures !
    I know Mythic Legion are nice figures but really personally, not even a couple of dozen of MLegion figures can equal the joy of having a single MOTU figure imho.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    My He-Man and Skeletor arrived.

My He-Man had some minor paint loss on the loincloth that didn't bother me (a bit of fleshtone showing) but BOTH of his legs moved FLAWLESSLY in all directions. His shield was a tight squeeze but also went on without incident. I joyfully placed him on Battle Cat and it was a perfect fit thanks to those perfectly articulated legs.

HOORAY!

With this set as my expectation, I opened Skeletor and his right leg snapped completely off as soon as I tried to move it. Upon inspection, his remaining left leg was tense and barely moved.

I suppose I'd dodged a probability bullet so far since I have 3/4ths of the Funko SW Thundercats and 6 Funko DC Primal Age figures and none of them had leg defects aside from Aquaman, whose leg's soft plastic chewed off as soon as I tried to move it. But the rest are fine.

Still, a defective Skeletor! I thought he was the better of the two by most accounts.

My He-man arrived the same way; with the strap undone inside the package. I was planning on leaving mine in itís package but I guess Iím opening it up now.

Heroic Warrior
    Good news on mine. I ordered from BBTS and within a few hours, they agreed to replace.

Seriously, guys, I think the best service solution is nobody ordering direct and if S7 can't get retailers to order confidently, the product doesn't deserve to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    My He-Man and Skeletor arrived.

My He-Man had some minor paint loss on the loincloth that didn't bother me (a bit of fleshtone showing) but BOTH of his legs moved FLAWLESSLY in all directions. His shield was a tight squeeze but also went on without incident. I joyfully placed him on Battle Cat and it was a perfect fit thanks to those perfectly articulated legs.

HOORAY!

With this set as my expectation, I opened Skeletor and his right leg snapped completely off as soon as I tried to move it. Upon inspection, his remaining left leg was tense and barely moved.

I suppose I'd dodged a probability bullet so far since I have 3/4ths of the Funko SW Thundercats and 6 Funko DC Primal Age figures and none of them had leg defects aside from Aquaman, whose leg's soft plastic chewed off as soon as I tried to move it. But the rest are fine.

Still, a defective Skeletor! I thought he was the better of the two by most accounts.
    That sucks! Incidentally, Aquaman is the only one of my Primal Age figures (six of them so far) to have any QC issues. Both legs dropped off as I removed him from the package. Looks like he may the Panthro of the PA line!

Why is it there are figures from 30 years ago still going strong, but figures from 30 weeks ago are falling apart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Why is it there are figures from 30 years ago still going strong, but figures from 30 weeks ago are falling apart?

Not counting the figures with crotch rot or weak leg bands, right?

Heroic Warrior
    The crotch rot and weak leg bands are very environment specific.

But, hey, Mattel was doing rubber band-less 5.5s decades ago. King Arthur and the Knights of Justice and the final wave of NA He-Man (which reverted to 5.5 scale and proportions). I've seen VERY FEW of those break. And they were not impressively sturdy toys. They were among the most lightweight and fragile feeling of that era.

Playmates has been making toys essentially in a Vintage MOTU aesthetic for 30 years through TMNT and they have a low retail price and a very rugged quality to them. The worst are probably some of the 200x TMNT and the transforming ones from the 90s. But TMNT are exactly the material and engineering method needed for vintage MOTU figures. If you just copied what they're doing in terms of engineering, Vintage MOTU figures would stand up to punishing play from kids with only the paint ever showing wear.

For mass market 5.5" cost-saving figures, TMNT is the gold standard.

The 1988 "squishy-head" Turtles are indestructible. Kids have been man-handling these things for decades, and they still hold up.

That's why Playmates kept the design all the way through 1996! (And used it for Star Trek and D1ck Tracy.)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Court Magician
    Finally got my shipping notification...due to arrive Wed

Widget
    Opened mine this morning with my son.
    Felt good to open the packaging I ain't gonna lie.

Tried to put the shield on he-man and it snapped.
    Skeletor & He-man's armours are quite stiff comparing to the ones we grew up with... pretty sure it will snap too after a few play.

Skeletor's staff paint job feels/looks weird.

The body parts of both figures are quite shiny in comparison to the heads' mat finish. Looks a bit weird.

Power punch good on both figures, especially He-man.

Not blown away, pretty disappointing and average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    Finally got my shipping notification...due to arrive Wed
    My first figure was scheduled to arrive the 10th, then the 7th, and now it's pending. I'm sure it'll come. Second figure is scheduled to arrive the 12th. Right now it's taking the tour of California like the first fig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    For mass market 5.5" cost-saving figures, TMNT is the gold standard.

The 1988 "squishy-head" Turtles are indestructible. Kids have been man-handling these things for decades, and they still hold up.

That's why Playmates kept the design all the way through 1996! (And used it for Star Trek and D1ck Tracy.)
    Yeah, those Turtles are still pretty sturdy.

Got my figures today. The only teeny gripe was one of the cards was wrinkled. Other than that, pretty cool figures.

Last edited by manowar; December 9, 2018 at 05:08pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    I know Mythic Legion are nice figures but really personally, not even a couple of dozen of MLegion figures can equal the joy of having a single MOTU figure imho.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    It's definitely a different type of excitement. Mythic Legions speak to the adult collector in me that loves the artistic process of creating toys. MOTU hits that little kid spot in me and brings the same feeling of being 5 years old again. There's no toy in existence that can match that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    it's definitely a different type of excitement. Mythic legions speak to the adult collector in me that loves the artistic process of creating toys. Motu hits that little kid spot in me and brings the same feeling of being 5 years old again. There's no toy in existence that can match that for me.
    this......

Heroic Warrior
    Mine arrived on Saturday. They all look fine in packaging - no obvious problems. So I'm really torn about opening them, especially because, not going to lie, I got a massive nostalgia hit holding those packages.

I think I'm going to end up opening She-Ra, since she's technically a 'new' character as far as my vintage MOTU line goes, but I may keep the other three as is for now.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Received my set from BBTS and they are a mess. I wanted to display them MOC, but All 4 cards (He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, and She-Ra) have some serious creases and imprints. And, of course, He-Man's harness has detached and covering half of his face.

I contacted BBTS about a replacement, but they stated that the majority of the allotment that they received is in the same condition and that they have had numerous complaints...even with the Collector Grade packaging. They wouldn't give a partial refund and they didn't want to give me a pre-paid return label. BUT 10 minutes after I got off the phone with them a return label arrived.

So now I am either stuck with damaged items or I can send them back to BBTS with no better replacements available. Maybe I will visit a FYE store to see if I can hand select some better packages. Very disappointed.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; December 10, 2018 at 01:50pm.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

Widget
    I ordered also from bbts and was unhappy with the condition of the cards. I found it worth it to go to FYE and dig through the piles of He-mans( they must have had at least 20)till I found ones in great condition... plus I got 20% off for signing up for the email list.. so all in all better quality( since I got to dig through and pick out the perfect ones ) and cheaper than other options!

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered She-Ra and Skeletor. No issues with packaging from BBTS.

Was very excited to unbox Skeletor. I have no problem with shiny coating because of the original Mattel crosssell artwork which was shiny.
    Nothing broke and he stood perfectly. I liked the multiple swords- I was suprised because I was just expecting the Havoc Staff as per the cartoon. I was afraid to take his armor off- did not feel as flexible or durable as vintage. Not a 100% straight fit by the neck either. Havoc Staff not a perfect snap in the hand at first, but worked on second try. Colors fit cartoon for everything. Really am happy to get this figure.

My first She-Ra. After reading people complain about it, I am suprised to have liked her. I think she's equal or slightly better than vintage Teela or Evil-Lynn. I was not expecting a realistic or superior female mold. I like 5.5 retro cheese. Yes, her cape and shield are too small. She does not stand easily- I need to have the correct pose. Face and hair are fine. Skirt is cool. Love the two Power Swords.

Had a quick duel between Uncle and Niece. Both figures held up fine.

Box art and design were good. Really felt nostalgic. I hope Super 7 continues the 5.5 line and I could combine with Funko's stuff.

BTW I would be very upset if my figures were defective or if the boxes were damaged. And you should be compensated for that.
    Last edited by Yin Chan Vo; December 10, 2018 at 01:42pm.

My Skeletor arrived from Super 7 just now. Overall, it's in better shape than the one I got from BBTS a few weeks ago. (And that one was in pretty good shape itself.) It was packed well, with a sheet of bubble wrap surrounding it, and some of those air packs to fill in the empty space. The card doesn't have the crease all the way across the back like the other one did, and the paint apps on Skeletor's "face" are much neater. He still has the same weird texture at the top of the armor, though. It looks like it may have been sticking to the mold, and was slightly deformed when it was pulled free. It's very small, but something I noticed immediately on both figures.

There are also some odd imperfections on the bubble around the figure's head. It looks like there's some dust on it, but it's something inside the plastic. Again, a very minor thing. I normally completely disregard such things as I'm too busy ripping the package open to really notice, but this is one of the very few figures I want to display MOC, so I took a minute to decide on the best one. In the end, I wound up putting the Super 7 direct one in the case for display, and I boxed the BBTS one back up. Not sure what I'll do with the extra now that I've decided not to bother opening one. I'll just let it rest for now, and figure something out later. Maybe trade fodder at a future date, or I may wind up opening it after all at some point. Who knows?

Those of you who received from super seven did you all get a shipping notice ? I’m hoping to have this back Christmas for my little boy who is big into he man . Was thinking September then October then November now I’m wondering if it gets here by Christmas .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Those of you who received from super seven did you all get a shipping notice ? Iím hoping to have this back Christmas for my little boy who is big into he man . Was thinking September then October then November now Iím wondering if it gets here by Christmas .
    My tracking says it's arriving here today by the end of the day. But says burbank IL . I'm in jersey

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Those of you who received from super seven did you all get a shipping notice ? I’m hoping to have this back Christmas for my little boy who is big into he man . Was thinking September then October then November now I’m wondering if it gets here by Christmas .
    Yep, I got a shipping notice when the label was created. Took about a week to get to Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Received my set from BBTS and they are a mess. I wanted to display them MOC, but All 4 cards (He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, and She-Ra) have some serious creases and imprints. And, of course, He-Man's harness has detached and covering half of his face.

I contacted BBTS about a replacement, but they stated that the majority of the allotment that they received is in the same condition and that they have had numerous complaints...even with the Collector Grade packaging. They wouldn't give a partial refund and they didn't want to give me a pre-paid return label. BUT 10 minutes after I got off the phone with them a return label arrived.

So now I am either stuck with damaged items or I can send them back to BBTS with no better replacements available. Maybe I will visit a FYE store to see if I can hand select some better packages. Very disappointed.
    BBTS pulled the same BS on me with the first 2 figures (Batman and Catwoman) from DCC's Animated Batman line. these figures had terrible breakage and QC, initially. bbts refunded my money, but said that if I ever had anymore defective figures from that particular line in the future, they would not refund my money nor replace them secondary to numerous customer complaints and return requests.

that is ridiculous. it's not the customer's fault that product is defective. if they are having many customer complaints and return requests, then they should cease selling the defective items immediately and contact the manufacturer about the defective product. we pay a great deal of hard-earned money for these collectibles, but these companies don't uphold their end of the transaction. instead they pass the buck.

BBTS started out as an awesome company, but now they are huge and act like any other big company with little regard for customer satisfaction.

just as Amazon and other retailers should stop selling the QC nightmares of Primal Age and Savage World, and Funko should stop shipping defective junk. Super 7 needs to get their $%@& together and stop shipping/selling product until they do. BBTS should refund everyone's money that is not satisfied, and if they don't have any product that is up to collectible standards, then they should send it back to Super 7 and stop selling it.