Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Vintage Style Super7 5.75 Toy Fair reveals official discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EatTheseCrackers View Post
    So this new vintage line requires a retail partner to justify production?

Has anyone asked Super 7 to rescale the existing Classics Castle Grayskull mold and Classics vehicles to sell alongside with these vintage figures? Something a retail Partner like Wal-Mart might carry.
    I'm not sure that's an accurate assessment or just a general question, but these have already been produced. They're waiting to release these in a retail setting. If that falls through, they'll be ready to go directly through S7.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh that was a question. I didn't want to see a great new line denied release because big box stores passed on it. That's great news!

Now get on reusing parts to build up the ranks. The new Possessed Skeletor buck for the Horde Mummy, etc.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar

Has anyone asked Super 7 to rescale the existing Classics Castle Grayskull mold and Classics vehicles to sell alongside with these vintage figures? Something a retail Partner like Wal-Mart might carry.
    They can't do that sadly. They don't have access to the Mattel molds. They said this in a previous Q & A when asked about Strider and some Classics related stuff. The Mattel factory has them and they can't get them now that they moved factories!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I saw these. They look pretty cool. You even have an idea of how they fit in with MOTU playsets, it looks like a nicely modified Fright Zone they have there.
    Wow, you're right, that's totally a repurposed Fright Zone
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    They can't do that sadly. They don't have access to the Mattel molds. They said this in a previous Q & A when asked about Strider and some Classics related stuff. The Mattel factory has them and they can't get them now that they moved factories!
    That is unfortunate to hear. With everything going on for them right now, I'm sure they are stretched thin resource wise but if the lack of access to the classics mold were any motivation, I'd gladly buy a vintage castle rerelease from Super 7, with added touches and nods as they saw fit to add.

I was surprised reading about Mattels enthusiasm for this line when they themselves put out the Commemorative line to great success years back. Does the outgoing leadership not tell the new one "here's a list of historical successes for the company, you know, in case you wanna make some money at retail, or not". They have to know how much vintage is loved by so many.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    So this new vintage line requires a retail partner to justify production?

So who is the retail partner?