Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Style Super7 5.75 Toy Fair reveals official discussion - w/ poll results

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    When Super7 releases its vintage-scaled line of newly sculpted Masters of the Universe figures, this could be a huge opportunity for Classics fans! Super7 would only need to design the heads with the same peg system used in the MOTU Classics line, so we can take off the new heads and put them on our favorite Classics figures!

This would be a big encouragement for Classics collectors to buy into the new line. It would also allow for new vintage-styled figures to be packaged with second heads, giving us more display options for both the Classics figures and the new vintage-scaled figures.

What are your thoughts? Would you like to see this feature added to these new figures?

https://i.imgur.com/n0XNjl2.jpg

Best Idea EVER!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Here are the new Funko 5.5 inch Mortal Kombat figures, giving us an idea about what the head sculpts might look like on vintage-style MOTU figures.

* Imagine how cool it would be to pop the head off of a MOTU 5.5 figure and put it on your Classics figure! Or maybe even taking your Classics figure head and putting it on a 5.5 figure. Not a fan of a new head sculpt? Simply swap it out. At the very least we could be offered a Classics head pack using the new 5.5 sculpts.

* Mini comics are a must! At the very least, more of those fake mini comic covers from the Ultimates line.

* Play sets would be amazing! And also play sets for Mortal Kombat that would look great with our MOTU figures.

I saw these. They look pretty cool. You even have an idea of how they fit in with MOTU playsets, it looks like a nicely modified Fright Zone they have there.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I'm not personally interested in heavily beefing up the ranks of my vintage collection. I just want to get Skeletor and I don't really want to wait until next November or whatever until I finally find one at a store.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    When Super7 releases its vintage-scaled line of newly sculpted Masters of the Universe figures, this could be a huge opportunity for Classics fans! Super7 would only need to design the heads with the same peg system used in the MOTU Classics line, so we can take off the new heads and put them on our favorite Classics figures!

This would be a big encouragement for Classics collectors to buy into the new line. It would also allow for new vintage-styled figures to be packaged with second heads, giving us more display options for both the Classics figures and the new vintage-scaled figures.

What are your thoughts? Would you like to see this feature added to these new figures?

https://i.imgur.com/n0XNjl2.jpg
    NO.....just NO.

This completely defeats the purpose of what these are meant to be. No interchangeable heads, no extra articulation. These are meant to be a continuation of the VINTAGE line. The price point for these needs to be lower for retail. This line needs to appeal to parents and kids. Parents are not buying their kids over articulated over priced figures. A $20+ price point would kill these at retail.

Don't you Guys have Classics for all of this kind of stuff?

I agree, please keep the 100% vintage style, same articulations, scales etc.

On an other way, S7 can sell extra new Classics stuffs directy on the Classics line, like extra heads, weapons etc as Mattel did with Weapons paks etc.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    When does He-Ro and Eldor go on sale sometime next year I take it??

Those are def a first day buy and I thought I read somewhere that some of these might make it to brick and mortar stores?

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    When does He-Ro and Eldor go on sale sometime next year I take it??

Those are def a first day buy and I thought I read somewhere that some of these might make it to brick and mortar stores?
    Right now wee don't know when they will be out. From what I gather, Super 7 is on hold because MAttel is trying to get a store to carry them which would mean they would be at retail.Right now they don't know yet if it will happen.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

- - - Updated - - -

This is boolah!
    Last edited by Haldore; November 23, 2017 at 03:24am.
    The only Guy that has been demanding a continuation/In Scale Toy-Line of the Vintage MOTU since 200X Died.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the heads would either look too detailed for the vintage figs or too plain for the Classics if you tried to make a sculpt that would work that way. They need to be straight vintage. Make them rubber!

woooow! who made this?

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I think the heads would either look too detailed for the vintage figs or too plain for the Classics if you tried to make a sculpt that would work that way. They need to be straight vintage. Make them rubber!
    I agree, the vintage heads plugged into a hole in the body (Classics heads work the other way around), these new figures need to fit seamlessly into our vintage collections so they need to have the same neck articulation as the vintage toys.

Just amazing, who did them?
    The one of the left on the second picture is an original test shot right?

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Just amazing, who did them?
    The one of the left on the second picture is an original test shot right?
    This was done by MasterEnglish customs - he owns the original test shot on the left. I've heard he'll be selling customs eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    This was done by MasterEnglish customs - he owns the original test shot on the left. I've heard he'll be selling customs eventually.
    Thanks Lich
    But I am not sure to understand Something: I was thinking that the original owner did not want his copy reproduced massively and it was why he refused to share it with S7... but if he is doing few copies himself to sell them later where is the logic? The exact replica will be in circulation, why not now done by S7 with real plastic material?
    So, anyway I need a replica from Master English lol

Thanks Lich
    But I am not sure to understand Something: I was thinking that the original owner did not want his copy reproduced massively and it was why he refused to share it with S7... but if he is doing few copies himself to sell them later where is the logic? The exact replica will be in circulation, why not now done by S7 with real plastic material?
    So, anyway I need a replica from Master English lol
    He may be looking to recoup some of his investment for the test shot - I'm sure it was very pricey. Just my assumption.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post

Thanks Lich
    He may be looking to recoup some of his investment for the test shot - I'm sure it was very pricey. Just my assumption.
    I am not sure if there will be much of a market for this once the Super7 version is available.

Masterenglish was not the original owner that didn't want to part with it. He bought it from the owner.
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Masterenglish was not the original owner that didn't want to part with it. He bought it from the owner.

Thanks for the explanation, more logic now lol

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I've heard the opposite.

He posted more about this yesterday. Limited to 40 pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/masterengli...60401170868497
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

$210/225 is a fair price, thanks for the link Tallstar.
    So, Super7 can buy one now to have the exact replica for their mass production, S7 please do it! We need the exact vintage sculpt replica!

Widget
    Iím really excited for this line to finally hit. I wish we didnít have to wait for Fall Ď18, though.

So is the first series confirmed as He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak, He-Ro and Eldor?

I hope somehow we get Marlena, Lizard Man and Fang Man!

I couldn't possibly be happier with the Classics version of ELDOR, but I'm happy for you collectors who are excited for this.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    So this new vintage line requires a retail partner to justify production?

Has anyone asked Super 7 to rescale the existing Classics Castle Grayskull mold and Classics vehicles to sell alongside with these vintage figures? Something a retail Partner like Wal-Mart might carry.