Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Style Super7 5.75 Toy Fair reveals official discussion - w/ poll results

Widget
    Pretty terrible top 15. Small number of figures I would actually buy. I think this line is going to tank if they’re only going to remake everything in the Filmation style regardless of what the polls say. Shadow Weaver, Adora, Marlena, and Keldor... I’m not super interested in the rest.
    Last edited by whakojacko; March 9, 2018 at 07:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    What are the errors on the Classics cardbacks? You said there's a "fair share" which implies multiple errors. But I'm not aware thus far of errors on the Power-Con MOTUC exclusives or the current Wave 1 CC and CG packaging.

If you're talking about the Ultimate Editions, there was a production mistake that shifted the card back artwork up a bit and the blister was shaped a bit larger than planned as well. But they aren't using Mattel's factory any more where that happened.

If I remember correctly, Brian confirmed on Dan's videos that the 5" cardbacks shown at Toy Fair were just temporary. If he didn't, they did confirm it to me directly. I could have swore they posted about it somewhere, though.
    I was referring to the mistakes on Mattel's Classics cardbacks. Hordak's "Evil Leader of the Evil Horde" one for example. I'd just like Super7 to avoid making similar errors.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the results to your most-wanted 5" retro-styled MOTU figures from Super7. These results will be reviewed and considered by Super7 and the Four Horsemen.

This poll focused on 5" candidates that were characters released so far in the Masters of the Universe Classics line. There are always other candidates, and Super7 may have some of their own surprises for the 5" line. But most of the obvious candidates for the 5" line will be characters already released in Classics.

Please note, as indicated in the voting, any character that previously appeared in the 80s as a MOTU toy would be re-released in a Filmation'retro style similar to the 5" figures Super7 has shown already for characters like He-Man and Skeletor.

Here are the Top 15 most wanted:
    1. Shadow Weaver (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    2. Adora (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    3. Sorceress (Filmation'styled)
    4. Mer-Man (Filmation'styled)
    5. Queen Marlena (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    6. Trap Jaw (Filmation'styled)
    7. Cringer (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    8. Evil-Lyn (Filmation'styled)
    9. Orko (Filmation'styled)
    10. Prince Adam (Filmation'styled)
    11. Ram Man (Filmation'styled)
    12. Fisto (Filmation'styled)
    13. Keldor (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    14. Tri-Klops (Filmation'styled)
    15. Man-E-Faces (Filmation'styled)

Also for fun, we included the existing MOTUC vehicles, beasts and playsets in the poll. The following two items would have placed in the Top 15, even though there has been no announcement of anything other than 5" figures coming from Super7:
    1. Battle Cat (Filmation'styled)
    2. Castle Grayskull (Filmation'styled)
    Perry much the same as my top 10. I hope we get a cartoon style Horde Trooper as well. Hordak needs an army of those guys for She-Ra to fight, and the vintage Troopers are hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I was referring to the mistakes on Mattel's Classics cardbacks. Hordak's "Evil Leader of the Evil Horde" one for example. I'd just like Super7 to avoid making similar errors.
    Fair point. Which package (or packages) is that on?

Also, what else? You said "fair share" of errors were on the cardbacks which indicates there's quite a few.
    Feedback is helpful so I'd be grateful if you point the others out as well. Thanks!

Or are you referring to what pre-dates Super7 and was done by Mattel? (Sorry if I'm misreading)
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Widget
    I can't believe it.
    There have been around 13 lines of Masters of the Universe figures during the last 35 years, among official, unofficial and licensed. And I quote in order of appearance, although perhaps I am forgetting someone: Vintage/neovintage, Dunkin, 200x, Classic, Mini, Jumbo, Reaction, Muscle, Funko, Bobblehead, Grayskull Classic Club (Filmation style), Neovintage Filmation style, Megaconstrux, LEGO fake...
    The only ones that innovated were the vintage line, because they were the ones that started everything, then the NA, bringing us a new approach and new characters, and finally the Classic, expanding the mythology with characters that never had a figure.
    It's a shame that people keep claiming the same characters over and over again. Now articulated, now skinny, now stubborn, now tiny, now Filmation style...
    As I said, I can't believe it

Totally Dyslexic
    I had hoped for more never before made characters as well but everyone should get the chance to have a Shadow Weaver and a Queen Marlena in that scale as well.

The new She-Ra has sculpted hair my guess is an Adora figure will get the same treatment than. To bad but i hope if we ever get to the Star Sisters and they totally deserve a vintage release they come with their intended design and brushable hair to fit in with the rest of the POP figures.
    Last edited by Niki; March 10, 2018 at 03:44pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Gygor View Post
    I can't believe it.
    There have been around 13 lines of Masters of the Universe figures during the last 35 years, among official, unofficial and licensed. And I quote in order of appearance, although perhaps I am forgetting someone: Vintage/neovintage, Dunkin, 200x, Classic, Mini, Jumbo, Reaction, Muscle, Funko, Bobblehead, Grayskull Classic Club (Filmation style), Neovintage Filmation style, Megaconstrux, LEGO fake...
    The only ones that innovated were the vintage line, because they were the ones that started everything, then the NA, bringing us a new approach and new characters, and finally the Classic, expanding the mythology with characters that never had a figure.
    It's a shame that people keep claiming the same characters over and over again. Now articulated, now skinny, now stubborn, now tiny, now Filmation style...
    As I said, I can't believe it
    Okay, I'm going to feel stupid here, but what line is "Dunkin"?

And LEGO fake? If that's a fan-created line, it wouldn't count, as there's been numerous bootleg / smash-up lines over the years. They are fun as heck! but not official.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Widget
    Okay, I'm going to feel stupid here, but what line is "Dunkin"?

And LEGO fake? If that's a fan-created line, it wouldn't count, as there's been numerous bootleg / smash-up lines over the years. They are fun as heck! but not official.
    Dunkin is a line of mini figures (no more than an inch high) for kids made in Spain in the 80s, usually offered as a gift for the purchase of chips or chewing gum, and always under the license of diferent brands: MOTU, Smurfs, Thundercats, the pink panther...

About "BootLegos", Pixel Dan posted in his youtube channel a video talking about it. It's and unnofficial line, but it exist, and its production is massive. I think it's being sold in websites as aliexpress.

I would have preferred more first appearances but it's just my desire, I just say keep makin' MOTU stuff then I'll choose what I want!
    Of course I will buy Shadow Weaver I was lookin' for this figure since 1986 then I'll add Keldor and maybe Mer-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

I know 3 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Miracle Max!

"What's the point? The only joke in this show it's my career"

Heroic Warrior
    For what it cost to buy some vintage MOTU figs, $20 doesn't sound too bad.

Widget
    I totally understand the line needs recognizable characters to remain viable, but I hope they get a chance to sprinkle in a few totally new, never-before-seen characters. I don’t mean characters who never got a toy before — although I look forward to those too — I mean newly-created characters who spring from the crazy imaginations of the Super7 team. (As long as they’re more inspired than the Three Terrors.) It would be cool if — after they have a tooling library of a few waves — they start puzzling together their own unique characters. I want to see fun guys we never saw coming.

Widget
    Totally agree Shaun

Since S7 is doing HE-RO, I hope they make GRAY, too.
    Odd Man Out

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I totally get the Filmation picks for some. Some I honestly don't need. Cringer in Classics was out of scale to classic, but perfect for vintage. If we're doing a vintage lens, I can't see the same toy just with stripped detail. Rather a Filmation head with vintage toy body, maybe with a paint job to reflect it not being the original to preserve the vintage figure's value.

Here are the results to your most-wanted 5" retro-styled MOTU figures from Super7. These results will be reviewed and considered by Super7 and the Four Horsemen.

This poll focused on 5" candidates that were characters released so far in the Masters of the Universe Classics line. There are always other candidates, and Super7 may have some of their own surprises for the 5" line. But most of the obvious candidates for the 5" line will be characters already released in Classics.

Please note, as indicated in the voting, any character that previously appeared in the 80s as a MOTU toy would be re-released in a Filmation'retro style similar to the 5" figures Super7 has shown already for characters like He-Man and Skeletor.

Also for fun, we included the existing MOTUC vehicles, beasts and playsets in the poll. The following two items would have placed in the Top 15, even though there has been no announcement of anything other than 5" figures coming from Super7:
    1. Battle Cat (Filmation'styled)
    2. Castle Grayskull (Filmation'styled)
    Damn, no Cy-Chop or Draego-Man ...

I'm actually really pleased with the result because I'm only interested in the "first 5" MOTU appearance" ones and have zero interest in the Filmation Stylized ones, so this will save me money

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Since S7 is doing HE-RO, I hope they make GRAY, too.
    Yes bring on Gray!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm actually really pleased with the result because I'm only interested in the "first 5" MOTU appearance" ones and have zero interest in the Filmation Stylized ones, so still will save me money
    While I'm still more for unreleased characters, it does make sense to do Filmation'esque retro figures of popular characters, and it also makes sense so many people want them.

The line probably wouldn't have much life it in if it was just us hard core fans buying more obscure characters.

While I'm still more for unreleased characters, it does make sense to do Filmation'esque retro figures of popular characters, and it also makes sense so many people want them.

The line probably wouldn't have much life it in if it was just us hard core fans buying more obscure characters.
    Yes, 'starting over' is the way they have to go. It's not good business to start a new line with anything other than the main characters.
    Odd Man Out

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Also finding good condition vintage MOTU getting harder and harder. It would be cool is Super 7 did vintage re-releases of popular 80s characters (with a repaint bit here and there to differentiate) mixed with new ones.

Oh yeah totally, I'm not complaining at all, I know there is a demand for them and I'm am really happy for the fans that want the Filmation Stylized and even more happy for my wallet because if they were only doing "first 5" MOTU appearance" characters I'd want them all
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    ...I'd want them all
    PokeMOTU'mon

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm really excited about Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena, Cringer, and Keldor.

From this list, I desperately wanted them to make Marlena, Cringer, and Shadow Weaver in the 80's. I used to call the Mattel 800 number when I was a kid and I'd often ask them about Queen Marlena. I probably drove the customer service reps nuts: "Hi, I was wondering, are you going to make Queen Marlena for Masters of the Universe?" lol. I asked them a number of other things too, but Queen Marlena was probably my number one reason for calling.

I don't really get Sorceress coming in at number 3. The vintage figure is basically already a Filmation Sorceress. I'm assuming it's because people want a more accurate face sculpt and no action feature. Personally, I'd much rather have Strongarm, Scorpia, Icer, Octavia, Fang Man, Fearless Photog, Madame Razz, Lizard Man, etc. than another vintage Sorceress. We already have her!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 13, 2018 at 08:00pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'm really excited about Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena, Cringer, and Keldor.

From this list, I desperately wanted them to make Marlena, Cringer, and Shadow Weaver in the 80's. I used to call the Mattel 800 number when I was a kid and I'd often ask them about Queen Marlena. I probably drove the customer service reps nuts: "Hi, I was wondering, are you going to make Queen Marlena for Masters of the Universe?" lol. I asked them a number of other things too, but Queen Marlena was probably my number one reason for calling.

I don't really get Sorceress coming in at number 3. The vintage figure is basically already a Filmation Sorceress. I'm assuming it's because people want a more accurate face sculpt and no action feature. Personally, I'd much rather have Strongarm, Scorpia, Icer, Octavia, Fang Man, Fearless Photog, Madame Razz, Lizard Man, etc. than another vintage Sorceress. We already have her!
    Yes, but she’s quite a bit more expensive than a lot of the others, having come in a later wave when production was probably not as high.

I’d honestly love new re-releases of all the old figures with nice tight legs and no old smelly and sticky plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

What... no Preternia Disguised He-Man?
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    What... no Preternia Disguised He-Man?
    You really place him as a most-wanted for vintage 5.5" style? I only ask that because I'm surprised. I've never seen him be a highly demanded character.

I'd like to see him released! But I would never call him a top candidate.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar

I'm all for doing characters like Shadow Weaver or She-Ra in MotU vintage style. But Beast Man and Man-At-Arms already were rather disappointing reveals for me, as out of eight figures, six are Filmation-based already. I'd much rather like to see figure thrown into the mix like an "original sculpt" Mer-Man, Cardback Art Ram Man, or Magenta-Armor Faker, than Filmation Orko and Sorceress. On one side, I'm relieved that I can cherrypick the line and save money. On the other side, it's not using the potential I saw in it.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."