Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Vintage style Super7 5.5" official discussion - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Court Magician AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    That sucks... but I will say this. They state they're for the adult collector. I dont think they're meant to be played with and have the armor removed and replaced. With that said, for the price, I would think you'd like to be able to play around with them if you'd like and they'd be fine. This just proves that the 80s cant be duplicated! Period!

I'll still collect and support this line because it's the closest I believe we'll get to having vantage figures. Changes can be made and they still display nicely. Looking forward to what's to come. I hope you'll reconsider.
    I made the decision to go all in with Super7 and accept that these would be growing pains. But I doubt legs snapping off can be justified because the figures are classified as adult collectibles.

I’ll continue to buy whatever 5.5” figures they put out and hope for the best, but Mattel had a nice AntiEternia Heman and Slime Pit Heman that I would have to believe the legs wouldn’t snap off of if they should come to market.

I’m well aware Mattel has been in the business for a long time and perfected their plastic. Super7 needs to stop manufacturing and get the plastic right.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    I’m well aware Mattel has been in the business for a long time and perfected their plastic. Super7 needs to stop manufacturing and get the plastic right.
    I don't think good quality plastic is some big secret. Hasbro and Kenner toys from the 80's are still in good shape whereas Mattel and LJN toys from the 80's aren't in nearly as good shape. It's all about how much the toy company is willing to spend to make toys. These figures suck because Super 7 is using a crappy factory that is using crappy plastic.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Court Magician AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    ^^^Good point.

That sucks... but I will say this. They state they're for the adult collector. I dont think they're meant to be played with and have the armor removed and replaced. With that said, for the price, I would think you'd like to be able to play around with them if you'd like and they'd be fine. This just proves that the 80s cant be duplicated! Period!

I'll still collect and support this line because it's the closest I believe we'll get to having vantage figures. Changes can be made and they still display nicely. Looking forward to what's to come. I hope you'll reconsider.
    I think the Commemorative figures were pretty robust.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Great point, although I didn't open any of them.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Widget
    Well I hope this doesn’t delay the release of the single carded figures but if I were Super 7 I think I would rather correct these issues now (if possible) before any more are shipped out than wait until after they ship and then have to turn around and fulfill replacements afterwards. Unfortunately they are already all but carded at this point. With the 2-packs being so limited this ought to be an interesting replacement process... sigh.

I really want this line to succeed just like everyone else but they really need to step up the quality to keep me invested.

I opened a Commemorative Mer-Man once, it had the familiar feel of the vintage figure, if I remember correctly.

Widget
    I opened almost all the ones I did have and I can attest to their high quality. They were better than the originals in terms of paint apps and the finer details of each figure stood out better. My biggest complaints would be He-Man/Adam/Faker’s squooshed head, Trap Jaw’s one accessory missing, and most of the other figures’ accessories being more rubbery than the originals which wasn’t all that terrible.
    I opened a Commemorative Mer-Man once, it had the familiar feel of the vintage figure, if I remember correctly.
    Lol Mer-Man was the only one I didn’t open. Good to know he was on par with the others. I just sold him about 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by whakojacko; Today at 10:28am.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I opened almost all the ones I did have and I can attest to their high quality. They were better than the originals in terms of paint apps and the finer details of each figure stood out better. My biggest complaints would be He-Man/Adam/Faker’s squooshed head, Trap Jaw’s one accessory missing, and most of the other figures’ accessories being more rubbery than the originals which wasn’t all that terrible.
    I only had a few Commemoratives but they were pretty good. It's a real darn shame, given Mattel needed to create new molds for them anyway, that they didn't modify the legs to have leg joints like Fly Fists He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor. If Mattel had done that, I would have bought every one of them and they would be my definitive MOTU collection.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Super7 should try using pop off leg joints, the kind used by playmates on there original Ninja Turtles toy line, now those would be a great fit for motu, take a look at playmates DickTracy figures from the early ninties, they used the same leg joints, they have a very motu feel to them, no more braking, they just pop right off and you can pop them right back on.
    Last edited by Lurkingfandom79; Today at 11:18am. Reason: I'm dumb

Well, I have 3 more of the HeMan Skeley 2pks arriving within the next couple of hours. I'll report on the condition of those once I get the chance to check them out. I hadn't planned on opening any of them since they were limited but I may open the worst package and review the figures.

They're going in a deltof case anyway so no harm done
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I only had a few Commemoratives but they were pretty good. It's a real darn shame, given Mattel needed to create new molds for them anyway, that they didn't modify the legs to have leg joints like Fly Fists He-Man/Terror Claws Skeletor. If Mattel had done that, I would have bought every one of them and they would be my definitive MOTU collection.
    I didn’t realize they created new molds. Well maybe I forgot. The Commemoratives are nearly 20 years old at this point lol. I thought I did read (again 16+ years ago) that they had to redo He-Man’s head, hence the “squooshiness”, but I had no idea that redid the whole figures. Yeah which in that case they should have used the updated Terror Claws legs.

The Commemorative figures were once my definitive figures but after awhile I realized I preferred some of the subtleties of the vintage figures like Skeletors orange jaws and purple shorts or Man-At-Arms red dotted helmet. Well and also He-Man’s unsmashed head. So over the years I slowly replaced my Commemoratives with the original originals (green belt Mer-Man etc).

Widget
    I got my she-ra Hordak 2 pack. I made a little video review. Be kind...never made or before.

Nice review, thanks Avallarino.

Quote Originally Posted by avallarino View Post
    I got my she-ra Hordak 2 pack. I made a little video review. Be kind...never made or before. https://youtu.be/MFho9cxIohg
    Thanks for the video! So thereís no way to close She-Raís legs???

Widget
    There’s a punchline coming...
    Not from me but I know someone will do it lol

Thanks for the video Avallarino. I could have sworn I watched one of your videos before but apparently not. But great job covering everything. Hopefully someone will do a He-Man/Skeletor unboxing soon.
    Last edited by whakojacko; Today at 01:48pm.

Widget
    It looks like they should because they look like they have hinge joints. Maybe Iíll try applying some heat to loosen them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widget
    Nope, that didnít work. Leg both on she ra and Hordak snapped at the hip. 🤬

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by avallarino View Post
    Nope, that didn’t work. Leg both on she ra and Hordak snapped at the hip. ��

Whaaaat?
    Man that absolutely sucks. I would definitely make a follow up video on YouTube showing the broken figures and letting everyone know what happened. Sorry that happened to you