Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Figure Encyclopedia

MOTUC Figure Encyclopedia

Last edited by Wakko; July 20, 2017 at 06:41pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Cool Idea and great work, that would be great to have a print out for reference.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Very nice.

That looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Check out my photography at www.MOTUACBA.com

Heroic Warrior
    i think this is utterly brilliant, not only would I greatly enjoy to see every figure get a double page spread like this, I'd happily pay for the book they were in.

I absolutley love looking forward to seeing the finished product

Thanks for the positive response, all! I really hope to see this through to the end. It's only going to get tricky at times because of finding all the images I need (particularly the silhouetted 360-degree views of each figure... the .org doesn't have such images for all of the figures). Anyway... I'm hoping to do one update per day on weekdays. Here's today... He-Man!

Last edited by Wakko; July 8, 2017 at 12:12pm. Reason: Updated 5/16/2017

What an awesome idea. Your first two pages look great! Thanks for creating and sharing with us

I enjoy any kind of character compendium idea, so this is really fun to see.

I notice that you didn't list Queen Marlena under He-Man's relationships; any particular reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I enjoy any kind of character compendium idea, so this is really fun to see.

I notice that you didn't list Queen Marlena under He-Man's relationships; any particular reason why?
    Stupid oversight. Thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it above. Edit: No longer including relationship information in the figure encyclopedia.

Those of you who follow this thread, definitely feel free to point out any mistakes you see, like j-bird did. I'll gladly fix them.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wakko; May 18, 2017 at 07:38pm.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Wow, nice work. Great idea!

Thanks for the encouragement, gang!

Today's installment: Beast Man

Last edited by Wakko; July 8, 2017 at 12:13pm. Reason: Updated 5/17/2017

Heroic Warrior
    off to a good start.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This is a really cool idea, Wakko! Looks awesome!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    This is a really cool idea, Wakko! Looks awesome!
    Thanks, Danielle! That's high praise, coming from you!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Very awesome stuff Wakko!
    I love all the gathered "figure trivia", especially since with MOTUC we had tons of things to note about figures, their releases and plans and accessories and all that goodness.... which I don't remember all, anymore. Hehe

With King Grayskull, I like that you included trivia info about his design being inspired by 4HM concept on He-Man. Though your wording leaves it to read like the toy was gonna have gray hair. But that's only a note made with the cartoon version of King Grayskull and not related to the 4HM concept. :hmwinK:

Keep up the great work! Look forward to reading more!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Very awesome stuff Wakko!
    With King Grayskull, I like that you included trivia info about his design being inspired by 4HM concept on He-Man. Though your wording leaves it to read like the toy was gonna have gray hair. But that's only a note made with the cartoon version of King Grayskull and not related to the 4HM concept. :hmwinK:
    You're right; the original wording wasn't clear. I tweaked it a bit to make it clearer that I was talking about the original character design, not the figure itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Keep up the great work! Look forward to reading more!
    Thank you very much! I'm glad people seem to be enjoying these. It's a lot of work, but fun. I hope I can see it through to the end.

Here's today's featured figure: Skeletor

Last edited by Wakko; July 8, 2017 at 12:16pm.

Here's today's featured figure: Stratos

I find myself looking forward to these updates, this is such a fun project.

Two bits of feedback:

Skeletor's entry lists Terror-Claws He-Man as a variant.

Stratos' entry omits Delora in the relationship section (though this may be a deliberate change / choice on your part).

I find myself looking forward to these updates, this is such a fun project.
    Thank you!!!

Two bits of feedback:

Skeletor's entry lists Terror-Claws He-Man as a variant.
    Fixed. Thanks for the catch!

Stratos' entry omits Delora in the relationship section (though this may be a deliberate change / choice on your part).
    Yeah, I left this out on purpose. Hawke/Delora's continuity is all over the place, so I opted in favor of 200x, where Hawke was a sister and there was no mention of a wife.

Today's installment: Faker

Today's installment: Mer-Man

Last edited by Wakko; July 8, 2017 at 12:17pm.

i think this is awesome. and would so buy one if you get it published(hard copy)

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    i think this is awesome. and would so buy one if you get it published(hard copy)

Keep up the good work
    Thank you! Publishing it would definitely be awesome, but not very likely, considering that I'm using images and copy that belong to other people. I just see this as a fun project until (if and when) an official figure guide is released. It also gives me an opportunity to "fix" certain storyline elements that I never cared for. (I'm about to throw a bit of a storyline curveball with the next figure's bio - Zodac.) Edit: no longer including my own storyline in this project.
    Last edited by Wakko; May 18, 2017 at 07:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Thank you! Publishing it would definitely be awesome, but not very likely, considering that I'm using images and copy that belong to other people. I just see this as a fun project until (if and when) an official figure guide is released. It also gives me an opportunity to "fix" certain storyline elements that I never cared for. (I'm about to throw a bit of a storyline curveball with the next figure's bio - Zodac.)
    An official character encyclopedia ("He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: A Character Guide and World Compendium") is set for release in May of this year, but I don't believe that will be MotUC- (or even action-figure-) specific.

I continually find myself wishing that MotUC Mer-Man would have had the coral-colored shorts of the vintage figure instead of plain yellow; I understand that they wanted to incorporate aspects of the vintage cross-sell art, but I just think that lack of the orange color leaves the figure wanting somehow, especially if displayed with the alternate / cross-sell head.

I'm eager to see what you have in store for Zodac now - excellent teaser.