Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTUC Figure Encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    So, PantherCult got me thinking yesterday about the scope of this project... whether it should continue as a mix of my own fan fiction and a toy guide, or whether it should just be a pure MOTUC Toy Encyclopedia, as the thread title has said all along. So today I worked on the next entry, Man-E-Faces, and approached it as a toy guide entry only, using the original bio (horrible writing intact) and fleshing out the appropriate images and such. Take a gander, and let me know what you think and whether this should be the direction this guide should go in. Thanks!

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...psmycrdu7u.jpg
    I like you doing your own thing rather than sticking to the MOTUC bios.
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I like you doing your own thing rather than sticking to the MOTUC bios.
    I appreciate the feedback very much, but the more I stew on it, the more I realize that the "hybrid" of archival information with fan fiction just wasn't sitting right with me. So I'm liking this new approach better: this is now purely a toy guide. I may, after this project is done, revisit "my canon" with a bio card project that compiles my bios/powers/weapons/weaknesses/etc. Hopefully those few of you who are enjoying this thread will continue to do so even after my change in direction...
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS ENCYCLOPEDIA
    Featuring bios, powers, weaknesses, stats, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I did consider whether to make Vykron three separate characters, and I would display him as such in my collection if I had three of him (but alas, I only have one, so he remains in Tank Top mode).
    Topic diversion: So, I found that I actually preferred having Vykron as 3 separate characters much more when I put the Tank Top armor on Snake Man At Arms body (swapped the left boot for a brown boot (Vikor maybe) and the left hand to a green hand from a palace guard and painted the belt and bracelets silver) and the Space Ace armor on a Flipshot body (bootswapped the orange palace guard boots on). So, didn't need 3 Vykrons - the idea of getting 3 of that set to display each way didn't sit well, as then I would have all of this useless left over armor.

Back on topic: I'll be hanging with this thread as long as you keep doing it. Like the Megator entry.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Topic diversion: So, I found that I actually preferred having Vykron as 3 separate characters much more when I put the Tank Top armor on Snake Man At Arms body (swapped the left boot for a brown boot (Vikor maybe) and the left hand to a green hand from a palace guard and painted the belt and bracelets silver) and the Space Ace armor on a Flipshot body (bootswapped the orange palace guard boots on). So, didn't need 3 Vykrons - the idea of getting 3 of that set to display each way didn't sit well, as then I would have all of this useless left over armor.
    I like this idea. But don't you need two Vykron heads to accomplished this -- one for the barbarian helmet, one for the Space Ace helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Back on topic: I'll be hanging with this thread as long as you keep doing it. Like the Megator entry.
    Thank you!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I think Battleground Teela was the only one I was going to turn into a completely new character, although I have been struggling in advance to figure out how to produce a spread for the likes of Point Dread Teela or any of the FILMation figures — figures that deserve an entry but don't really warrant a whole new bio page.
    Interesting take on the character. Given it was Mattel's answer for fans who wanted Teela figure (the sold out one), that they made this instead.
    And that stayed as ever-green product for god knows how long.

Funny enough. Even the DC mini-series only has her in one issue. For following issues (2, 3) quickly fixed her armor to be the normal toy-version.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Ah! Memories... it's weird but I'm so connected to the 2011 figures, my first year with MOTUC, that now I have a really strong nostalgia.

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll make sure to correct it.
    I'm happy to help... and maybe I found another error... Queen Marlena was sold as Queen Marlena at the SDCC and as Captain Glenn on Matty Collector, I remember it because I had to open the box to change the name.
    I can't wait to see more 2011 figures coming!

I checked to be sure, check the Pixel Dan video at 1.16
    I know 3 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle, Mikethedrummer and Stacy Mealer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I'm happy to help... and maybe I found another error... Queen Marlena was sold as Queen Marlena at the SDCC and as Captain Glenn on Matty Collector, I remember it because I had to open the box to change the name.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'm currently going back and re-doing every entry to turn this whole project into a pure toy guide (if you go back to page 1 of this spread, I've already hit King Grayskull, He-Man, Beast Man and Skeletor). When I get to Marlena, I'll fix this mistake.

Today's installment:
    Last edited by Wakko; May 18, 2017 at 09:52am.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm currently going back and re-doing every entry to turn this whole project into a pure toy guide (if you go back to page 1 of this spread, I've already hit King Grayskull, He-Man, Beast Man and Skeletor). When I get to Marlena, I'll fix this mistake.
    So what will change? What you will erase?
    I like that you added also the mattel mistakes like the brittle plastic in The Goddess and Leech, if you're plannin' to buy one you should know what problem you will encounter.
    Black Plastic Morbo is waitin'...
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; May 21, 2017 at 05:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    So what will change? What you will erase?
    If you look back to the first couple of pages of this thread, you'll see what I've changed. I've dropped my re-written bios (I'm included the official Mattel bios now instead), powers, weapons, weaknesses, relationships and noteworthy enemies categories, and in their place I've beefed up the action figure information with a lot more images and toy-related info. I'd still like to put my personal cannon out there in some form, but it just didn't feel like it belonged in a MOTUC toy encyclopedia.[/QUOTE]

If you look back to the first couple of pages of this thread, you'll see what I've changed. I've dropped my re-written bios (I'm included the official Mattel bios now instead), powers, weapons, weaknesses, relationships and noteworthy enemies categories, and in their place I've beefed up the action figure information with a lot more images and toy-related info. I'd still like to put my personal cannon out there in some form, but it just didn't feel like it belonged in a MOTUC toy encyclopedia.
    Oh! I saw it!
    And it's a good choice!
    You can use your personal canon for a fan-fiction book! :-)