Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2017 Non-Attendee Exclusives Discussion

Power-Con 2017 Non-Attendee Exclusives Discussion

I'm going to hit you all with an info blast, so dive in!

We hope to start pre-sales in the near future. Possibly as early as Saturday, April 1st (No. None of this is a joke). More info is coming soon about pre-sales.

The way things are shaping up for exclusives, the cost has gone down compared to last year.
    Let's talk some early numbers so you all can start planning in case you haven't already been saving. And if you know other fans online who are interested in the exclusives but may not see this post, feel free to share it with them so they can start planning too.
    I'll also share this on the main page of the Org and Power-Con soon, but wanted to at least get a thread up and going asap.

Talking cost, the USA, Canada and Mexico have cheaper rates. So let's focus on the rate that I'm charging everyone else in the world, as it's the worst-case-scenario.

This year we're using a fulfillment center. Last year, it took a week before the show, then a week after the show to pack and ship all the exclusives. (as I mentioned earlier on the forums, this is why some fans saw exclusives being moved around after the show. We had to relocate in the hotel from the Jasmine's room to another room as, on the Monday after the con, the hotel had to open the Jasmine's room up to the airline crews as an exclusive airline lounge). It was a ton of work, and I hurt my back which took two months to heal. SO, needless to say, we're not doing that any more, hence the fulfillment center.

Some of you may immediately cringe, thinking they will be packed like Digital River did. But have no worries. I have already worked things out with this center to make sure you all get the exclusives packed in a similar fashion to Power-Con 2016. They know the condition of these is important, and that will carry over to this new fulfillment center.

But even with the cost of the fulfillment center (which is more expensive than I had predicted. I now understand better where DR's costs factored into Classics), the combination of moving figures to a 3-pack, combined with the hard work of Super7 and Power-Con to keep these as low in cost as possible, has kept these cheaper overall in comparison to last year.

We have a Merchandise Access Pass (MAP) again of $25.00,
    and then a bundle cost on the figure(s) that includes things like the cost of the figure and shipping.

The MAP allows you the ability to pre-order up to 10 of each of the 3-packs, per order.

There won't be any art prints this time. That just adds cost, and most people did not seem interested in them. But there will be a Non-Attendee badge. And this year, we should have a copy of the program guide for everyone. Last year, we had a problem that resulted in not including that. Sorry!

For ONE 3-pack, we're currently looking at $204.00 for everything (MAP, figure, shipping, fees, etc), which averages out $68.00 per figure.
    But if you order one of EACH 3-pack (or two of one 3-pack), we're currently looking at $326.00 for everything, which averages out to around $55.00 per figure.
    And the more you order, the more it continues to go down per figure. So if you compare to last year, even with the crazy cost of international shipping, the price has fallen per figure.
    This does not include custom charges, as we don't know what each country will charge, and we have no control over that either.

And also keep in mind, it will be even less for Canada and Mexico, and less still for USA orders.

In addition to that, for German fans, we're working out specifics where you can order them from a couple different outlets in Germany and save even more money. European fans, especially German fans, know the sting of custom fees. So this option should help cut down on the total cost even further when shipping and custom fees are averaged out across a bulk order to these two outlets. More info on that is to come soon once I have specifics ironed out.
    I'm not sure if this will save anything for other European fans. But when details are revealed, interested fans in Europe can reach out to those outlets to inquire.

And, once more, BigBadToyStore will be working with us to sell some as well, for those who prefer ordering through them.

For fans who want the program guide and Non-Attendee badge, you will not get these through BBTS or the German outlets.

Also, these are made-to-order! Yes, there's always a very small CS stock produced just in case, but it won't be enough (like with 2016's exclusives) to set up a new deal with the ticket and fulfillment vendors to sell them. Odds are they'll be sold on eBay after I've given people enough time to check figures they've received directly from Power-Con.

That's enough info for now. A lot more is to come. But I want to put some initial info out there to help you all plan.
    Thank you to everyone for your support, patience and understanding. And also to everyone involved on making these 3-packs happen, especially Super7 and all of you who purchase them.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

So tell me how you really feel? Thx Val!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Awesome. This is welcome news, and thanks for the heads up re: price!

Glad you all won't have to break your backs to do this this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for giving us non-attending fans the option to get these again. It's greatly appreciated!

I'm a little sad we won't be getting art prints, I personally liked them and found them to be a nice little bonus!
    Last edited by Jean; March 19, 2017 at 11:40am.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Great news !!! Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    So it's like $120 per 3 pack (base price)?
    ≈$100.00 to 110.00

I glad to hear they will be available to non-attendees. Wish I could go, but I'm glad I can at least get the figures.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Happy to hear these are available to non-attendees again.

Great to hear that you're looking into distribution options for Germany/Europe. I hope this will not just boil down to selling bigger lots to resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy-Man View Post
    Great to hear that you're looking into distribution options for Germany/Europe. I hope this will not just boil down to selling bigger lots to resellers.
    If the point is to help save German fans a little bit more money, does it truly matter who is selling them in Germany?

Heroic Warrior
    I for one loved the prints and have plans on framing them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If the point is to help save German fans a little bit more money, does it truly matter who is selling them in Germany?
    Too true :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks from Canada! I'll be snagging two of each 3-pack.
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    $100 for three figures isn't bad. I was worried I would not get the mixed up set.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    So If I'm reading this right for non-attendees we have the option to buy them directly from Power-con or Big BadToyStore and each 3Pack will average out around $110? I'd love to finally go to Power-Con but with what happened to my wife I'm not sure that's possible but this is great news Val! Thank you!!!
    Thexxwatcherxx's Needs List 2016:

MOTUC SDCC Exclusive Rotar Vs. Twistoid;
    Super 7 MOTU MUSCLE Lavender NerdBlock edition MOC
    My Vintage Needs List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...23#post3685723

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Man ... You made my day with such a news!
    Now of course, and just like my feelow Jean, a bit disappointed
    for the non continuity of the art prints offering, it was icing on the cake to me.

But can't wait to grab both of these collector pieces, whether i'm broke or not when the moment comes.

One last thing, thank you so much for paying tribute to the vintage mini-comics era with such a consistency and also for making these available for hardcore fans abroad.
    NEW EP ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" COMING SOON!
    Presales start september 7 on Itunes Store & Apple Music.
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-jqLti7Ja0

About the German outlets: Will I have to order from the Power Con page just as last year and choose the option to have them shipped from that outlet or will the outlet sell these directly? Since they're made to order, I think it would make sense to pre-order them and have them shipped from the outlet.
    Or am I wrong?

Glad that you're caring for the European fan base, Val!

This is great news! Can't wait to pre-order!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Hopefully I will be able to order them from BBTS.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the heads-up. As an Australian fan I really love the transparency and advance notice so I can plan this out and know roughly what to expect

Thanks again for making these available to non-attendees. At first I about blew a gasket at the price, but then realized you were using international numbers as a "maximum" example.

~$110 for each 3-pack is perfectly reasonable.

Heroic Warrior
    so customer service stock - does this mean if there is something broken in the figure pack we buy, you will replace them - last year you stated no replacements which is why I am asking

Hi Val,
    This is awesome news! Thanks for finding a way to make this work for international fans.
    Will be looking forward to more information on 1 April about how I can secure these 3 paks. ☺
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

For little while there I was afraid non-attendees would not be able to get these this year. Thanks for making this happen, I'm super psyched!!