Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Powers of Grayskull figures by Super7?

Official Powers of Grayskull figures by Super7?

hey guys, now that we know that He-ro and Eldor are coming in their original looking prototype design, anyone wanting a GRAY figure too?

Sharella?

i read some want a Tytus and Megator, but we got those already some yrs back.. Don't those count? or you guys want new 80's design again?

i want Eldor with the REAL Holograms for his book and added just the way it was meant on his POG card
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Yes and YES!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I think Super7 should also release the original Tytus and Megator because they were only sold in Italy to my knowledge. The majority of fans never had the chance to buy them or even had the knowledge of them until places like the .org popped up years later.

Same goes for the original Laser-Power He-Man and Laser-Light Skeletor! I would prefer these versions have the vintage He-Man and Skeletor heads though. I believe there was some country that had these versions. Just my preference.

Also, bring on the original Gigantisaur!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i read some want a Tytus and Megator, but we got those already some yrs back.. Don't those count?
    Personally I would love to get a Megator in the 12" Giant mould so that he would actually look like a Hez-Man figure.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

I hope we get a ton of new vintage stuff. I don't even care what!

No I really want He-ro and Eldor but would love if they redid the Laser power figures! Or maybe do a New Adventures of He-man and Skeletor using the original bucks so we could get good versions of those figures!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I hope we get a ton of new vintage stuff. I don't even care what!

No I really want He-ro and Eldor but would love if they redid the Laser power figures! Or maybe do a New Adventures of He-man and Skeletor using the original bucks so we could get good versions of those figures!

Chris
    To expand on that, and this is a stretch....but imagine all the New Adventures figures in vintage MOTU form!?! The way they probably should have been released to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    To expand on that, and this is a stretch....but imagine all the New Adventures figures in vintage MOTU form!?! The way they probably should have been released to begin with.
    I would buy those!!!! Great idea!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Gray is a great idea, I am also interested to see a come back of the giants with US unrealesed Boxes + laser figures

has super 7 mentioned if the two figures will be released sometime this year? i guess we will know more at comic con
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

This is really exciting! To be able to give the POG Dinos some POG riders will be amazing!

I do hope they give us Sharella too (the archer); and maybe figures like Strobo, or others that were planned for POG
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I do hope they give us Sharella too (the archer); and maybe figures like Strobo, or others that were planned for POG
    ...Though as we see in Strobo's official appearance in MOTU Magazine, he is not associated with any Preternia POG stuff.
    (Though yes, it'd be interesting to see that unreleased '88 wave of mishmash figures get release, next to the new POG spinoff line and its characters. Bring out more POG stuff!!)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I think Super7 should also release the original Tytus and Megator because they were only sold in Italy to my knowledge. The majority of fans never had the chance to buy them or even had the knowledge of them until places like the .org popped up years later.

Same goes for the original Laser-Power He-Man and Laser-Light Skeletor! I would prefer these versions have the vintage He-Man and Skeletor heads though. I believe there was some country that had these versions. Just my preference.

Also, bring on the original Gigantisaur!
    It was the Spanish release of Laser Power He-man that came with the vintage he-man head, I also prefer this over the Lundgren sculpt.

Man if they made Gigantisaur that would be incredible.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

I'd really like a Tytus and Megator to go with Hero and Eldor. How freaking amazing!
    "..."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This is really exciting! To be able to give the POG Dinos some POG riders will be amazing!

I would love to see the POG line as it was intended to be finally see release (and I would be surprised to find out that Sharella wasn't planned as a figure for POG somewhere down the line to parallel Teela in MOTU proper). And though Strobo was not likely part of that line, I would like to see what they would do with him, as well. THere's a ton of concepts that never got made to choose from, like the mash-up wave (Which needs vintage in addition to Classics versions); I really hope these go over well and S7 continues to dip into the old Mattel drawing board. I'd honestly prefer this sort of thing to the Filmation styled vintage figures. cool as those look to be.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

As they are releasing two prototypes from the original line i would like to see the other two prototypes that never made it, Evil Robot and and Gleanons and Galacmytes, finally completing all prototype action figures that have never seen he light of day.
    gleanons_full.jpg
    evilrobot.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ive not heard of gray or sharella. Are there photos of these prototypes?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    Ive not heard of gray or sharella. Are there photos of these prototypes?
    There are no prototypes of the two.

Sharella is only a name mentioned in the 1987 Mattel Style Guide.
    (since late 90s, fans have geared towards a background female on right-side of the boxart of Megator as what they hope Sharella to possible be. Since she's the more interesting looking female of the two found in the art. In Classics #8 minicomic there was a nod to this)

Gray can be seen in Eldor's cardback illustration.

Last edited by Jukka; May 3, 2017 at 10:29am.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I would love to see the POG line as it was intended to be finally see release (and I would be surprised to find out that Sharella wasn't planned as a figure for POG somewhere down the line to parallel Teela in MOTU proper). And though Strobo was not likely part of that line, I would like to see what they would do with him, as well. THere's a ton of concepts that never got made to choose from, like the mash-up wave (Which needs vintage in addition to Classics versions); I really hope these go over well and S7 continues to dip into the old Mattel drawing board. I'd honestly prefer this sort of thing to the Filmation styled vintage figures. cool as those look to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    ...Though as we see in Strobo's official appearance in MOTU Magazine, he is not associated with any Preternia POG stuff.
    (Though yes, it'd be interesting to see that unreleased '88 wave of mishmash figures get release, next to the new POG spinoff line and its characters. Bring out more POG stuff!!)
    You guys do know that Strobo was part of the black and white renderings McCarthy did for the figures that never saw production, right?

When those were first unofficially displayed at Power Con a few years ago, he was shown in one of the card back renderings. It stands to reason that he would've been part of the powers of Grayskull re-branding, because that's how Mattel meant to direct the line

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8836.JPG
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 4, 2017 at 11:24am.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

You guys do know that Strobo was part of the black and white renderings McCarthy did for the figures that never saw production, right?

When those were first unofficially displayed at Power Con a few years ago, he was shown in one of the card back renderings. It stands to reason that he would've been part of the powers of Grayskull re-branding, because that's how Mattel meant to direct the line

IMG_8835.JPG

IMG_8836.JPG
    I would be down for a vintage strobo and vintage snake horde troopers!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Anything PoG would be fine with me! Bring on Gray, the dinosaurs, a more retro looking Megator/ Tytus, whatever!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

It stands to reason that he would've been part of the powers of Grayskull re-branding, because that's how Mattel meant to direct the line
    Then why does Strobo have no Preternian or POG related story in MOTU Magazine? If he and those others were meant for that, they would've used it.
    In MOTU Magazine we do see another story that relates to POG. So they knew for plans on POG spin-off toyline. But Strobo is not in that.

Also if these new characters were meant for POG, why is none featured at Eldor's cardback? By that logic Strobo would be there to say the least.

On top of it all according to past interviews, POG had big plans with dinos, toys and maybe more.

These characters are hodge-podge of quickly thrown together figures and stands to reason with the theory mentioned at Grayskull-Con (where Strobo and other art was shown) that Mattel wanted a filler wave of toys made
    cheaply. Before or perhaps same time as they put actual energy into this new spin-off He-Ro and Powers of Grayskull.

- Powers of Grayskull wave (He-Ro, Eldor, etc) 1987
    - Strobo and other filler/lost wave 1988?
    Last edited by Jukka; May 12, 2017 at 06:31am.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Then why does Strobo have no Preternian or POG related story in MOTU Magazine? If he and those others were meant for that, they would've used it.
    In MOTU Magazine we do see another story that relates to POG. So they knew for plans on POG spin-off toyline. But Strobo is not in that.

Also if these new characters were meant for POG, why is none featured at Eldor's cardback? By that logic Strobo would be there to say the least.

On top of it all according to past interviews, POG had big plans with dinos, toys and maybe more.

These characters are hodge-podge of quickly thrown together figures and stands to reason with the theory mentioned at Grayskull-Con (where Strobo and other art was shown) that Mattel wanted a filler wave of toys made
    cheaply. Before or perhaps same time as they put actual energy into this new spin-off He-Ro and Powers of Grayskull.

- Powers of Grayskull wave (He-Ro, Eldor, etc) 1987
    - Strobo and other filler/lost wave 1988?
    Agree 100% with Jukka for all the reasons he outlined. There's no real evidence these were POG characters. In fact, my guess is the POG line was already canned by the time these were whipped up. As Jukka points out, the one character from this wave that did appear in a story was Strobo, and he was a modern-day Heroic Warrior. The money-saving main line "filler wave" theory makes the most sense. The only thing I could see POG-wise is the Snake Men, but they also existed in the present, so we can't go by that. Nobody knows for sure, of course, but just based on the evidence we have, I don't believe these were meant for POG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; May 12, 2017 at 09:20am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

At first, I had no interest in the POG line, but it's really warming up to me. I'd love a GRAY figure, and it should be interesting to see who else comes along.
    Odd Man Out

I have no doubt that the wave was a filler wave (like Scareglow, Clamp Champ etc.) and not part of POG.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    There's no real evidence these were POG characters. In fact, my guess is the POG line was already canned by the time these were whipped up.
    Interesting point Danielle. Had not thought of it yet, but that also makes sense, if they had started all these big plans with POG but then when sales dropped; needed to drop it all and hash out some re-use figures that wouldn't cost much to make. (And it even works with idea that they had He-Ro prototype made but if he wasn't going to full production, they could simply re-use the armor for some other figure. Use all materials they had at that point)

I always did hope to learn more of who the Unnamed One was going to be. Especially if he was gonna be the Emperor Palpatine akin to Keldor's Anakin of him becoming Skeletor. Who is the big bad who had a hand in turning Keldor (possibly caucasian. Since nothing points to blue skin) into Skeletor?

Quote Originally Posted by Interview with writer Steven Grant
    King Hiss and the Snake Men were also known to live on Eternia long ago. Yet, questions have arisen to who the "Nameless One" may be who was mentioned by King Hiss in The Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins! "The 'Nameless One' had something to do with Keldor becoming Skeletor. I think he was their version of Emperor Palpatine, the great evil behind everything else. As with everyone else, there was no more backstory."
    Last edited by Jukka; May 15, 2017 at 03:48am.