Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Powers of Grayskull figures by Super7?

i hope he-ro and eldor new protos are shown at comic con
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Interesting point Danielle. Had not thought of it yet, but that also makes sense, if they had started all these big plans with POG but then when sales dropped; needed to drop it all and hash out some re-use figures that wouldn't cost much to make. (And it even works with idea that they had He-Ro prototype made but if he wasn't going to full production, they could simply re-use the armor for some other figure. Use all materials they had at that point)
    Super7 has the full old original Mattel molds for He-Ro and Eldor to produce them, it is what I heard in the Motu collectors background in private.
    Also we already crossed many Tytus made in mexico (all molds ready) + few months ago we crossed a Megator test shot made in mexico (molds also ready).
    The only thing unready was IMO Gigantisaur.
    For Mattel it was costing, at my eyes, no more $$$ to produce them than reusing old molds from early waves, it was the same thing.

I can agree also with the Penny theory but by example why Mattel did not plan to use Eldor parts (as the He-Ro torso) to release a new figure with different colors at the same time than the Strobo wave? Called by an other name than Eldor with an other bio?
    Anyway, maybe it was enviseaged for a second wave later if the line was still working, all is possible.

But I agree also, I am sure that the Strobo wave is not a POG one.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i hope he-ro and eldor new protos are shown at comic con
    That would be awesome!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

well no protos at comic con

super7 has the he-ro proto but the eldor proto was not or is not being let loose to be done. looks like super7 will have to re-do him, which imo is no big deal. such an easy figure to do.

they will be using the he-ro proto from the 80's to produce the figure I can't wait.. especially for the power staff too.. such a cool weapon.

i hope he-ro will have a CLOTH cape.. NO plastic .. I SAID NO PLASTIC.. I WANT CLOTH

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    i hope he-ro will have a CLOTH cape.. NO plastic .. I SAID NO PLASTIC.. I WANT CLOTH
    With you on that!

Please post pics of the He-Ro and Eldor S7 prototypes shown at Power-Con, I can't wait anymore to see them

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Please post pics of the He-Ro and Eldor S7 prototypes shown at Power-Con, I can't wait anymore to see them
    Here is a pic from earlier:
    DJTObFEXcAAZnp9.jpg

Looking good! Very excited that these will be a reality after all these years!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Here is a pic from earlier:
    DJTObFEXcAAZnp9.jpg
    Wow thanks, you made my day

I love them!

The He-Ro's weapon is not the same one than the old prototype shown in the Mattel's catalog but she is looking nice.
    About the torso I hope for a more yellowed vac metallic color + a real sticker for the "H" emblem and not one sculpted, like HombreX did and like the old Mattel prototype had.

About Eldor he is looking to be more massive than the vintage test shots found, I am prefering it like that, well done!

Can't wait to see the packages now, please S7 do them as the best you can

Price? Release date??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

They will be vac-metalizing He-Ro's shin guards/boots too, right? I only see an example of the torso in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Price? Release date??
    In the Power Con thread they said they were going to be released in December 2017. But now I guess there will be some type of tie-in and Mattel asked them to wait. Looks like early 2018 now. Apparently this was in a Facebook interview with Nerds on the couch.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I think He-Ro and Eldor will be further out than that, because it seemed as though Brian was talking in the context of the first wave. (She-Ra, Hordak, He-Man, Skeletor.)

I transcribed what was said on that topic.

BRIAN FLYNN: "Originally we were gonna be selling the first wave of figures in December of this year, but there's been a whole host of interesting developments. So, those figures may actually get delayed for awhile, because of other opportunities that might come in...which is very vauge..I know everybody goes "I don't know what that means!" But we had planned on selling those 5 1/2" figures this December before Christmas. They're probably going to be..even though the figures are ready almost..and they'll be done...they probably won't be on sale 'til later, so that they tie into something else. And it's not some weird reboot or whatever. It's not that!"

NERDS ON A COUCH: "It's a movie. He's announcing the movie!"

BRIAN FLYNN: "No, it has nothing to do with any of that. But there's another..there's another opportunity that's popped up, that if we can synch in with that, Mattel would rather do that than have them come out at that time. So, they may just come out at another date. But they will be coming out soon."
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

the release date for the figures will most likely be pushed to sometime next yr and i wont mind if they do. i'd rather have them make adjustments (if they can) to he-ro's face expression and hairdo (or a new head) and his staff which is way too detailed. look at the catalog more closely and try to get it as 80's accurate as possible.

we've been waiting Years for these figures and can wait more time

Awesome! Thanks for the further updates/clarification Tallstar.

Carlo I agree 100% about the staff, I'd really like to see it toned down a bit. The scuplts don't bother me too much. I just hope they can do the POG packaging.

Really interested to see what the tie in is.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

the release date for the figures will most likely be pushed to sometime next yr and i wont mind if they do. i'd rather have them make adjustments (if they can) to he-ro's face expression and hairdo (or a new head) and his staff which is way too detailed. look at the catalog more closely and try to get it as 80's accurate as possible.

we've been waiting Years for these figures and can wait more time
    Carlo you said on the Power-Con's thread that the Eldor's head is too big, right? It is hard to see on the picture shared on this thread.
    If yes, it is also something to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Carlo you said on the Power-Con's thread that the Eldor's head is too big, right? It is hard to see on the picture shared on this thread.
    If yes, it is also something to resolve.
    yes, i did mention this to the sculptor. don't get me wrong, i like the sculpt but it can be slimmed down from the face and beard, but not sure if that can even be done now.

i even mentioned to him that the book is also was a bit too big... then again, the outcome might look great. guess well have to wait and see how it looks

here's hoping

I see what do you mean about Eldor's head now, I did few pictures to compare with original prototypes/test shot:

Someone can post other pictures of the S7 protos shown at Power-Con please? It will be better to have an idea with more pictures of them.

Edit: Just found an other picture from ToyArk:
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; September 11, 2017 at 07:55pm.

I'm pretty happy with both of them. No, they're not 100%, but they get the point across. Hopefully they'll adjust Eldor's colors. His pants aren't meant to be gray. His body is proportioned a little differently too, but I'm not bothered.

He-Ro's hair is also more detailed in this version, but again I'm not bothered. I think the "spirit" of the originals comes through.

I have zero interest in these, but it's really cool to see them. I'm very happy for you guys that wanted them. I know they have been high on many Want Lists for years.

They look pretty sharp.
    Odd Man Out

I actually prefer eldor's new sculpt to the 80s prototype. The original's head looked a little too small imo... or the cowl too big. The slight change is for the better i reckon.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

A picture from The Fwoosh where we can see better how large are the Eldor's head and its hood :/ Please S7 reduce it a little bit.

i hope they can re-do the staff.. too bulky and detailed for my taste. not 80's for me

and like i said.. i'm not a fan of he-ro's face and hairdo.

prefer his hair with more of a smooth look (like the catalog) if they want to get the 80's feel. the layered cut is what they do in today's sculpts, not in the 80's

Heroic Warrior
    Why does He-Ro have an "ermahgerd" face... :-\

Why is Eldor's head so large and his nostrils make him look like a bull...

Happy with everything else though.

I think they look great.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast