Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Duck Posters MOTU print/poster discussion - Subscription plans

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Here is more information on the He-Man Transformation Art Print by Axel.

I am hoping more Filmation inspired art like this will be coming in future!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Duck Posters
    Hey everyone!

Mad Duck Posters is releasing a new licensed Masters Of The Universe poster tomorrow by comic book and He-Man artist, Axel Giménez! Axel's work in the MOTU universe is very well known, and this is the first of many collaborations in the MOTU space!

Friday's release is entitled "The Power Of Grayskull", and it beautifully captures the "Prince Adam" to "He-Man" transformation sequence that was shown at the beginning of every Filmation He-Man cartoon from the 80's. This iconic scene is complete with Skeletor's menacing visage, transparently placed above the skull and doorway to Castle Grayskull!

I am also happy to announce that Mad Duck's new He-man and the Masters Of the Universe subscription enrollment period will open next Friday, June 23rd! Look for complete details next week!
    Print Details: 24X18, Fine Art Giclee, Hand numbered, Edition of 250, $50

"The Power Of Grayskull" poster will go on sale tomorrow, June 16th at 12PM est!
    [Source]
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The 1st poster arrived yesterday. It is REALLY nice and I was surprised by the size.

I'm wondering if folks will be able to cherry pick posters beyond the exclusive. I plan to subscribe ☺

Mad Duck Posters subscriptions have started today. They have four subscription options available:

Sub Viper Max
    Monthly cost of $110. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Viper Prime
    Monthly cost of $55. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Grayskull Max
    Monthly cost of $90. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Grayskull Prime
    onthly cost of $45. Click the link above for more details.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Thanks Val! To summarize a bit, there are two very different subscriptions being offered. Each sub, Grayskull and Viper has two tiers.

Grayskull is an 18X24 sub.
    Viper is a 24X36 sub

The Prime tier is one monthly poster.
    The Max tier contains that same poster, but also an additional new poster that is a variant of the original. The Battle ForGrayskull print we did is a perfect example. One version featured classic he-man & skeletor attire while the otherfeatured battle armor versions.

There are more differences with bonus content and such, but that is a high level summary! Check out the details below and choose your sub poison

You guys have questions? Ask them here and I will answer them. Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mad Duck Posters subscriptions have started today. They have four subscription options available:

Sub Viper Max
    Monthly cost of $110. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Viper Prime
    Monthly cost of $55. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Grayskull Max
    Monthly cost of $90. Click the link above for more details.

Sub Grayskull Prime
    onthly cost of $45. Click the link above for more details.

Yes, the Viper sub mentions Secret of the Sword and Christmas Special posters, but the Grayskull sub does not. Does that mean those two will not be available in the Grayskull sub?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Yes, the Viper sub mentions Secret of the Sword and Christmas Special posters, but the Grayskull sub does not. Does that mean those two will not be available in the Grayskull sub?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Correct. The subs have completely unique content. We are going to allow all sub members to have a pre-sale opportunity with retail release prints. So, for example, if you choose one of the Grayskull subs, you will still have an opportunity to purchase a print from the Viper sub. There will be an allotment of posters available for retail customers through the Mad Duck Posters site at a higher price. We are going to allow all subscribers of any sub and any level to have a presale opportunity with the posters prior to general release.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for explaining. So the Max subs will get me the regular + the variant?
    I also understand that the Viper and Graskull sub have different sizes and different content.

Really hard to decide which one to take. By the way, didn't you tease with the third tower of Eternia?

Another question...in the email I received from you guys, you said the subscription period would last into a late summer date to be communicated later. Do you plan to still have subscriptions open at the end of July? I'm trying to hold out on larger purchases until then as I'm moving to a new home. Hoping that I can wait to subscribe until then if possible.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

But how many prints am I getting for my monthly Viper max sub...? For example, in the matty sub I knew my monthly cost and each moth what I was getting. The description seems very vague to me. Sorry, but for $110 a month I want better specifics instead of opportunities and discounts to purchase more items...

Heroic Warrior
    Have to agree, that I also didn't completely understand everything. Also the lack of overview (summary table?) of the different subs. Since it's going to be open for a while, I'll wait and hope to learn more soon.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Duck Posters
    Mad Duck Posters has teamed up with DreamWorks and Mattel to produce brand new She-Ra, He-Man and the Masters Of The Universe fine art poster subscriptions!

There are two subs available, both with 100% unique content and new art! All prints are hand numbered limited editions!

SUB GRAYSKULL - 18X24 poster sub (12 months) - $45 monthly
    SUB VIPER is - 24X36 poster sub (12 months) - $55 monthly

Both sub options have optional upgrade packages that include an additional monthly variant poster!

Each sub will also include an exclusive poster that will be chosen by subscribers! The sub enrollment is live now for a limited time! If you love He-man and the Masters Of The Universe, then this is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak04 View Post
    But how many prints am I getting for my monthly Viper max sub...? For example, in the matty sub I knew my monthly cost and each moth what I was getting. The description seems very vague to me. Sorry, but for $110 a month I want better specifics instead of opportunities and discounts to purchase more items...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Duck Posters via Facebook
    A note about the new MOTU subs with open enrollment. I don't want the multiple selections to confuse. Here is the basic summary.

There are 2 subs, Sub Grayskull and Sub Viper

There are two levels or tiers to each sub (prime and max)
    Grayskull is an 18X 24 sub. Viper is a 24X36 sub.

If you choose the prime option, you will get one monthly print for a year.

If you choose the max option, you will get that poster plus an additional poster, each month. The second poster is a variant, with different colors or even character versions from the reg.

There are different combined shipping options to save money.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
    By the way, didn't you tease with the third tower of Eternia?
    Yeah, I was wondering about that 3rd Tower tease as well. Now that the enrollment period is open, it would be nice to know if there is another option.

I also understand that the Viper and Graskull sub have different sizes and different content.

Really hard to decide which one to take. By the way, didn't you tease with the third tower of Eternia?
    Hey everyone. I will respond to each question, it is just taking me time to circle back. I did hint at a third sub, very much on purpose. There are no concrete plans for a Tower of Eternia sub, but I'm leaving the door open if interest is high. Based on early input, the third sub seems very unlikely which is why I only hinted at it. I would love to do it, so many great posters in mind.

*An important note regarding subbing up. Regardless of what sub you choose, as a subscriber, you will get a one day early opportunity/pre-sale window, to buy products from the other sub or additional copies of that months poster. This applies to all members, at every sub tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Turrican! You are correct on both accounts. The Max tier for Grayskull or Viper, contains a monthly standard, and variant poster. Regarding the Third Tower, not many people really picked up on that, but I did mention it. If the interest is high, I am willing to do a third sub. Right now, I would say that it is very unlikely unless the subscriber rate picks up significantly. Eternia would either be a classic sub of pre-existing vintage artwork, or another new art unique sub. This is quite the process with DW, so I will not pursue it further unless the other sub sales pick up. Much like the Masters Classics subs, I do need minimal numbers to move forward. The necessary numbers are very low, so I didn't feel the need to harp on it like Mattel did back in the day when trying to hit sub goals, but that may have to change quickly. I truly hope the community will support the product. I have over 40 artists that have asked to work on this sub.

I have given fans a large window to sub up, so hard to say at this early stage how many will join.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering about that 3rd Tower tease as well. Now that the enrollment period is open, it would be nice to know if there is another option.
    Hey Domino. See my update below just posted to Turrican.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak04 View Post
    There is nothing hidden about the sub. Everything should be crystal clear. No hidden charges. I want to make sure every fan understands this sub 100%. Every month you are charged the same amount depending on tier. As far as content goes? Well it will vary greatly and is impossible to state everything upfront as many prints are not even to licensing or even designed yet. I have released two retail prints for MOTU prior to the sub in an attempt to give fans a good idea about what to expect from the sub. Matty showed previews of the Classics sub, but never announced an entire year's worth of sub content.

You will see your favorites. The Horde, Snakemen, Masters, POP, Filmation, mini-comics, and the Classics toy line. Here are a few tidbits:
    There will be a Despara print. Masque will be featured in a print. The Keldor to Skeltor transformation will be covered.

We will not be doing NA prints unless fans vote for them as the exclusive!

Grayskull - 18 X24 prints
    *Prime Tier* - 1 monthly poster - (monthly, beginning in September for 1 year) - $45 per month
    *Max Tier* - 2 monthly posters (the same poster offered to prime plus an additional variant of the poster) - $90 per month

Viper - 24X36 prints
    *Prime Tier* - 1 monthly poster - (monthly, beginning in September for 1 year) - $55 per month
    *Max Tier* - 2 monthly posters (the same poster offered to prime plus an additional variant of the poster) - $110 per month

The enrollment fee, covers the exclusive bonus poster for each sub, that will be subscriber voted. So there will be 13 posters for a 12 month sub. Your tier level is your monthly charge, beginning in September. More questions? Ask away. I want to clear up any and all confusion!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Another question...in the email I received from you guys, you said the subscription period would last into a late summer date to be communicated later. Do you plan to still have subscriptions open at the end of July? I'm trying to hold out on larger purchases until then as I'm moving to a new home. Hoping that I can wait to subscribe until then if possible.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk
    I was purposely vague about that. The subs will be open until at least end of August. However, if everyone waits to sub up, it's going to be hard to project the numbers. As previously stated I need to sell a certain number of subs to move forward. I am moving forward as if this will not be a problem, but will constantly be reevaluating. The enrollment window is large to hopefully give this sub a real chance to succeed. Bottom line, if the MOTU community does not want this product, then it won't happen. Support is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

I've caught up with everyone's questions. What are other concerns or potential confusion points? What about the sub is keeping you from pulling the trigger? I will answer all.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for taking the time to answer our question. Understand the concept now. Will have to check my finances now.

I think this is a fantastic concept and hope the sales are enough to green light the project.

I will do at least one sub ... but I do wonder where I will hang these. I currently have my MOTUC maps framed and hung on the walls which doesn't leave much wall space after accounting for bookcases and figure displays.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Other than the 3 individual posters, the only thing I can find on their site is the Grayskull Prime subscription. The other 3 links that Val provided are also dead. Have the other 3 subs ended or been cancelled??

On top of that, I can't even add the Grayskull Prime sub to my cart to sign up. There is no button. Looks like this concept is dead in the water. That makes me sad. Bummer.
    Last edited by Donimo; July 23, 2017 at 04:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Other than the 3 individual posters, the only thing I can find on their site is the Grayskull Prime subscription. The other 3 links that Val provided are also dead. Have the other 3 subs ended or been cancelled??

On top of that, I can't even add the Grayskull Prime sub to my cart to sign up. There is no button. Looks like this concept is dead in the water. That makes me sad. Bummer.
    Hopefully there will be an announcement soon. I was planning to sign up to one of the sub options first week in August. Fingers crossed there is still a chance.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think the subs recently ended. I don't think there's any cause for alarm. KingHiss will post more info, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think the subs recently ended. I don't think there's any cause for alarm. KingHiss will post more info, I'm sure.
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence, but the subs are not dead. This is the current status. Sales are not going well at all. Interest seems to be very low. I have tried my best to guage fan input and provide a product that people want. I have been flexible, and listened to any and all fan input.
    Also, I am a life long fan, so feel the material will be very well represented. However, people are not subbing up.

The initial poll that ran on the Org received a great response. If even half of those people subbed up, there would be no issues.

The MOTU property has moved from DW to Universal. I have an upcoming meeting to discuss the sub concept in depth with Universal very soon, and hopefully will gain their promotional support through social media.

At the moment I have pulled all subs except for Grayskull Prime as it has the most traction. NOT DEAD YET! More to come...

If MOTU has now moved over to Universal and DreamWorks are producing She-Ra it looks like the rights are defo going in different directions again.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    If MOTU has now moved over to Universal and DreamWorks are producing She-Ra it looks like the rights are defo going in different directions again.
    NBC Universal bought DreamWorks about a year ago. They still use the DreamWorks name, though.

Widget
    I ordered there latest poster haven't heard anything about shipping was told two weeks ago that they were getting them from printer a week ago any one got there's? it's the power of grayskull print
    Last edited by Skeletor68; August 1, 2017 at 09:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I ordered there latest poster haven't heard anything about shipping was told two weeks ago that they were getting them from printer a week ago any one got there's? it's the power of grayskull print
    Same here.
    Follow me on Instagram @Clo4k4ndD4gger for MOTUC pics and more.

My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Granita, Dylamug, Quakke, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Filmation Tung Lashor, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Kittrina, Hawke/Delora, Attak Trak, Roton, Land Shark, Spidor.

Widget
    So I emailed them and found out that there was a delay from the printer but they have the posters in hand and will begin shipping this week!

So I emailed them and found out that there was a delay from the printer but they have the posters in hand and will begin shipping this week!
    All Power Of Grayskull posters have shipped. We did have a printer delay that pushed delivery out longer than intended. Let me know what you guys think we you have the poster in hand!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, brief sub update. I am at a point where the new sub has been cleared by DWA/Universal. My sub pitch was delivered to Universal proper, however DWA still handles the product approval. Waiting for clearance from Mattel at this point.

If the latest sub is not approved as a sub, all this means is that I won't be able to offer a proper sub format. I am still in license to produce new art for a long time to come. So either way, it's not the end. The sub format however, would give me the support necessary to actually guarantee a year's worth of new art product for fans, where as individual releases will be individual risks, and if they do not sell well, I will not be in a position to produce as many new prints. The sub is the best case scenario, filled will great benefits and I hope with the next go around, to find more interest.

A lot of people have contacted me about the subs since I took them down, which is encouraging.