Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,576 to 1,592 of 1592

Thread: New Movie News and Rumors Thread

This link provides more details from the Production Weekly issue:
    https://pursuenews.com/masters-of-th...ly-15-details/

Filming is set to begin July 15th in Prague as stated and will continue and wrap October 18th.

This thread has been retitled the New Movie News and Rumors Thread. The other thread has been closed since a majority of the posts were really old and outdated. Big news items (like He-Man being cast) can still get their own threads, but this thread will be the main discussion for news & rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post

Filming is set to begin July 15th in Prague as stated and will continue and wrap October 18th.
    Thank you. Methinks that site subscribes to PW (or at least know someone who does).

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post

I think it is safe to say that the movie has been green lit. It probably happened a while ago but we are just hearing about it now. If they have a start and end wrap date booked at a specific shooting location then it is no longer development hell. This is early pre-production stages. This is it guys. The news we have been waiting 15 years to see has finally happened. Masters of the Universe is green lit.

Next comes casting, designing/building sets, costumes, etc. July 15th is only five months away so things should move very quickly compared to what we have been used to.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    I think it is safe to say that the movie has been green lit. It probably happened a while ago but we are just hearing about it now. If they have a start and end wrap date booked at a specific shooting location then it is no longer development hell. This is early pre-production stages. This is it guys. The news we have been waiting 15 years to see has finally happened. Masters of the Universe is green lit.

Next comes casting, designing/building sets, costumes, etc. July 15th is only five months away so things should move very quickly compared to what we have been used to.
    with these dates, anyone wanna make a guesstimate when it would be in theaters?

I want Chris Hemsworth for He-Man!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Fall of 2020
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Most likely 2021. The earliest would be mid to late 2020. They haven't even announced casting yet ... So, I'm still a bit skeptical.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

If they start shooting this summer, it could feasibly be released sometime in summer 2020. Late summer, though. Or later in the year. But a release in early-ish 2021 wouldn't be a stretch either.

A lot of people are theorising that Sony will pursue Chris Hemsworth, as they've worked with him before, and thus, have a good relationship, and it was written by the same guys who wrote the new MIB film that stars Hemsworth. TBH, it sounds like no-brainer casting to me, and it would make me very happy. However, I'm really not sure he would be up for it. Nonetheless, I do think they need a few big names to attract audiences. I expect the actor they get for Skeletor to be quite a biggish name.
    Last edited by Krueger; February 14, 2019 at 11:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Fall of 2020
    I was thinking Thanksgiving weekend. (hopeful!)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I can't see Chris Hemsworth doing it, if he does, He-Man will just been seen a "Thor lite".

I'm hoping for someone new or semi famous.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Looking at Sony's release schedule I could see December of 2020 as a possibility. They could maybe do June of 2020, but that might be pushing it. I could also see them do 1st half of 2021 if they want to try to claim a weekend with zero movies currently scheduled.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio...tudio=sony.htm

One issue if they are already planning to film this summer is that I am sure there are a lot of actors already signed up for films around then.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    A lot of people are theorising that Sony will pursue Chris Hemsworth, as they've worked with him before, and thus, have a good relationship, and it was written by the same guys who wrote the new MIB film that stars Hemsworth. TBH, it sounds like no-brainer casting to me, and it would make me very happy. However, I'm really not sure he would be up for it. Nonetheless, I do think they need a few big names to attract audiences. A expect the actor they get for Skeletor to be quite a biggish name.
    I don't think he would do it. He's already mentioned that he thinks they are very similar (if not "the same") character.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I can't see Chris Hemsworth doing it, if he does, He-Man will just been seen a "Thor lite".

I'm hoping for someone new or semi famous.
    I think Hemsworth could have been great. But I agree that the role of He-Man may seem a little too similar to Thor. It would almost be like Heath Ledger playing the Green Goblin after being Joker in The Dark Knight.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 14, 2019 at 06:11pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I don't think he would do it. He's already mentioned that he thinks they are very similar (if not "the same") character.
    I don't think he would want to do it at all. However, I can definitely imagine Sony actively pursuing him. It will be very interesting to see whether they get one actor for Adam and He-Man, or two actors for a sort of Shazam-like look.

Here are some images from Mattel's 2019 Toy Fair Analyst Meeting. The third image was random in that He-Man didn't have anything to do with what the person was talking about. Also, while I was watching this presentation live, I believe there was a Dolph Lundgren 1987 MOTU poster image (or possibly a movie clip) at the very beginning that popped up but isn't in any of the uploaded slide presentations. It happened so fast and I can't re-watch the presentation at this moment to be sure of what I saw. I'm guessing the webcast upload is still processing.

mattelfilms1.jpg

mattelfilms2.jpg

toyfairanalyst1.jpg

toyfairanalyst2.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 04:29pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Oh yeah!! It’s coming!!