Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,576 to 1,592 of 1592

Thread: New Movie News and Rumors Thread

  1. #1576
    Court Magician DGSimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    This link provides more details from the Production Weekly issue:
    https://pursuenews.com/masters-of-th...ly-15-details/

    Filming is set to begin July 15th in Prague as stated and will continue and wrap October 18th.

  2. #1577
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,136
    This thread has been retitled the New Movie News and Rumors Thread. The other thread has been closed since a majority of the posts were really old and outdated. Big news items (like He-Man being cast) can still get their own threads, but this thread will be the main discussion for news & rumors.

  3. #1578
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    This link provides more details from the Production Weekly issue:
    https://pursuenews.com/masters-of-th...ly-15-details/

    Filming is set to begin July 15th in Prague as stated and will continue and wrap October 18th.
    Thank you. Methinks that site subscribes to PW (or at least know someone who does).

  4. #1579
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    This link provides more details from the Production Weekly issue:
    https://pursuenews.com/masters-of-th...ly-15-details/

    Filming is set to begin July 15th in Prague as stated and will continue and wrap October 18th.
    I think it is safe to say that the movie has been green lit. It probably happened a while ago but we are just hearing about it now. If they have a start and end wrap date booked at a specific shooting location then it is no longer development hell. This is early pre-production stages. This is it guys. The news we have been waiting 15 years to see has finally happened. Masters of the Universe is green lit.

    Next comes casting, designing/building sets, costumes, etc. July 15th is only five months away so things should move very quickly compared to what we have been used to.

  5. #1580
    Heroic Warrior ChipNSC7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    I think it is safe to say that the movie has been green lit. It probably happened a while ago but we are just hearing about it now. If they have a start and end wrap date booked at a specific shooting location then it is no longer development hell. This is early pre-production stages. This is it guys. The news we have been waiting 15 years to see has finally happened. Masters of the Universe is green lit.

    Next comes casting, designing/building sets, costumes, etc. July 15th is only five months away so things should move very quickly compared to what we have been used to.
    with these dates, anyone wanna make a guesstimate when it would be in theaters?

  6. #1581
    Heroic Warrior Faker78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    1,554
    I want Chris Hemsworth for He-Man!

  7. #1582
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,317
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    with these dates, anyone wanna make a guesstimate when it would be in theaters?
    Fall of 2020
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  8. #1583
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    with these dates, anyone wanna make a guesstimate when it would be in theaters?
    Most likely 2021. The earliest would be mid to late 2020. They haven't even announced casting yet ... So, I'm still a bit skeptical.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  9. #1584
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,668
    If they start shooting this summer, it could feasibly be released sometime in summer 2020. Late summer, though. Or later in the year. But a release in early-ish 2021 wouldn't be a stretch either.

    A lot of people are theorising that Sony will pursue Chris Hemsworth, as they've worked with him before, and thus, have a good relationship, and it was written by the same guys who wrote the new MIB film that stars Hemsworth. TBH, it sounds like no-brainer casting to me, and it would make me very happy. However, I'm really not sure he would be up for it. Nonetheless, I do think they need a few big names to attract audiences. I expect the actor they get for Skeletor to be quite a biggish name.
    Last edited by Krueger; February 14, 2019 at 11:35pm.

  10. #1585
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Fall of 2020
    I was thinking Thanksgiving weekend. (hopeful!)

  11. #1586
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,317
    I can't see Chris Hemsworth doing it, if he does, He-Man will just been seen a "Thor lite".

    I'm hoping for someone new or semi famous.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

  12. #1587
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,136
    Looking at Sony's release schedule I could see December of 2020 as a possibility. They could maybe do June of 2020, but that might be pushing it. I could also see them do 1st half of 2021 if they want to try to claim a weekend with zero movies currently scheduled.
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio...tudio=sony.htm

    One issue if they are already planning to film this summer is that I am sure there are a lot of actors already signed up for films around then.

  13. #1588
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    A lot of people are theorising that Sony will pursue Chris Hemsworth, as they've worked with him before, and thus, have a good relationship, and it was written by the same guys who wrote the new MIB film that stars Hemsworth. TBH, it sounds like no-brainer casting to me, and it would make me very happy. However, I'm really not sure he would be up for it. Nonetheless, I do think they need a few big names to attract audiences. A expect the actor they get for Skeletor to be quite a biggish name.
    I don't think he would do it. He's already mentioned that he thinks they are very similar (if not "the same") character.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  14. #1589
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I can't see Chris Hemsworth doing it, if he does, He-Man will just been seen a "Thor lite".

    I'm hoping for someone new or semi famous.
    I think Hemsworth could have been great. But I agree that the role of He-Man may seem a little too similar to Thor. It would almost be like Heath Ledger playing the Green Goblin after being Joker in The Dark Knight.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 14, 2019 at 06:11pm.
    Odd Man Out

  15. #1590
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    I don't think he would do it. He's already mentioned that he thinks they are very similar (if not "the same") character.
    I don't think he would want to do it at all. However, I can definitely imagine Sony actively pursuing him. It will be very interesting to see whether they get one actor for Adam and He-Man, or two actors for a sort of Shazam-like look.

  16. #1591
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,332
    Here are some images from Mattel's 2019 Toy Fair Analyst Meeting. The third image was random in that He-Man didn't have anything to do with what the person was talking about. Also, while I was watching this presentation live, I believe there was a Dolph Lundgren 1987 MOTU poster image (or possibly a movie clip) at the very beginning that popped up but isn't in any of the uploaded slide presentations. It happened so fast and I can't re-watch the presentation at this moment to be sure of what I saw. I'm guessing the webcast upload is still processing.









    mattelfilms1.jpg

    mattelfilms2.jpg

    toyfairanalyst1.jpg

    toyfairanalyst2.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; Yesterday at 04:29pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  17. #1592
    He-Rod Jrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    71
    Oh yeah!! It’s coming!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •