Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1965

Thread: New Movie News and Rumors Thread

Jordan Fisher (Sea Hawk from the new She-Ra) and Noah Centineo (potential live action He-Man) singing "Go The Distance" from Disney's "Hercules." They're working together on "To All The Boys I've Loved Before 2."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwAZlXxHTJF/
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 8, 2019 at 09:27pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    My problem with the battle armour, although it is a cool design, is that it diminishes He-Man's power. He's He-Man! He doesn't need armour for protection! He's just that badasss!
    I always kind of thought that He-Man was extremely durable and difficult to injure, so he had no need for armor.
    Odd Man Out

So, I'm guessing the rewrite squashes that rumor going around that Orko was going to be a human character that was spread around? I mean, even if he isn't in the movie, that idea of changing him so drastically just felt so off for him.

Yeah, I only realised the other day that Noah Centineo is actually shooting another film right now. It’s scheduled to finish filming sometime in May. I can't be sure, but I think this may be one of the reasons why filming was pushed back from July to August, to accommodate for Noah.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 8, 2019 at 08:55pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes to Battle Armor!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootyCutie View Post
    So, I'm guessing the rewrite squashes that rumor going around that Orko was going to be a human character that was spread around? I mean, even if he isn't in the movie, that idea of changing him so drastically just felt so off for him.
    If they got a human to play him, and either did a practical effect and green screened a skirt to remove his legs, or just did a completely CG motion capture, Orko needs to be a magical character. You don't need some fantastical explanation why he floats around, he's just Orko. I love the Sideshow statue. If they did something similar, thin, lanky, floating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I always kind of thought that He-Man was extremely durable and difficult to injure, so he had no need for armor.
    This ^

He-Man doesn't need armor and should not be wearing any. The main concept of He-Man is to show off the muscles and his raw strength. He-Man has an iconic look and it is not the battle armor variant. The first movie should stay pure to the roots.

Heroic Warrior
    For me, sure He-Man is difficult to injure, but he is not invincible. It makes perfect sense to me that he would wear armor to adapt to the circumstance he is in, like in the 2000x series or the recent DC Comics. Personally I think He-Man looks cooler in his battle armor than his original look, but I
    acknowledge that is probably the minority opinion.

Widget
    Taking a look at fan art, it's pretty easy to just make He-Man's harness larger so it doubles as chest armour. Best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    For me, sure He-Man is difficult to injure, but he is not invincible. It makes perfect sense to me that he would wear armor to adapt to the circumstance he is in, like in the 2000x series or the recent DC Comics. Personally I think He-Man looks cooler in his battle armor than his original look, but I
    acknowledge that is probably the minority opinion.
    If He-Ro and king Greyskull aren't around, and they passed the sword down to a successor, it makes sense that they're not immortal or impervious to death. If they made a toy with He-man wearing armor, it's fine by me that he wears one in battle. I figured his harness is basic travel, light skirmish wear, but if he's about to throw down in a war.... battle armor He-man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    This ^

He-Man doesn't need armor and should not be wearing any. The main concept of He-Man is to show off the muscles and his raw strength. He-Man has an iconic look and it is not the battle armor variant. The first movie should stay pure to the roots.
    I always liked how the first mini-comics established the armor as magical to give him strength or protection. It added a fun play value to armor swap to those figures. It'd be cool if the movie gave the armor some mystical qualities, but I agree that He-Man should not be covered that much.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Taking some of the info. in the article / tweets with a grain of salt for now. But who knows...

"'Masters of the Universe' Movie Pushed Back to 2020"

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/04...-back-to-2020/

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...13598417276928

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Taking some of the info. in the article / tweets with a grain of salt for now. But who knows...

"'Masters of the Universe' Movie Pushed Back to 2020"

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/04...-back-to-2020/

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...13598417276928
    I think most of us just assumed this when shooting is not scheduled to start until the end of July. It's a good thing though, going head to head with Star Wars is not a good idea, even with the hate from Episode XVIII.
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    I think most of us just assumed this when shooting is not scheduled to start until the end of July. It's a good thing though, going head to head with Star Wars is not a good idea, even with the hate from Episode XVIII.
    Oh, I wasn't questioning the part about the movie being bumped to 2020. It was the other stuff that was mentioned, like the Nee Brothers no longer being attached just because it says "N/A" in the spot for Director. I mean, it could be true. Just not ready to accept it as fact as of this moment...lol

OK, a couple of things to clear up. The second tweet, from Exhibitor Relations, are adamant that the Nee Brothers are no longer attached, but this latest article says to ignore that part, as the Nee bros are still indeed attached: https://hnentertainment.co/sonys-mas...ned-the-movie/

Also, Discussing Film just tweeted this. So, if they are indeed crewing up, the directors are still attached, as costume designers don't join film crews before a director(s):

Basically, as its TBD, it tells me that Sony still doesn't really know where they want to put it. Which is not really a bad thing. Make the damn thing first, then worry about where, and when, you're going to release it. TBH, a release sometime in early-ish 2021 is not impossible.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 17, 2019 at 08:54pm.

I would love the new MOTU movie to be released sooner, but I'll be happy whenever it is released. I just hope Evil-Lyn is in it, that she's cast well, and that she is featured in a major role.

Also, since Nicole Kidman was totally amazing as Queen Atlanna in Aquaman, I would love to see her as The Sorceress.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The movie being bumped to 2020 comes as no surprise. I don't think any of us truly expected the initial date of 2019 to happen, considering all that is still left to do.
    It also doesn't mean the Nee brothers are out.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

This project shouldn't be rushed, it's the first installment of what hopefully can become a successful franchise for both Mattel and Sony. So they need to hit this out of the park, which means no rushing and taking their time.

With no Star Wars movies scheduled for 2020 it makes more sense to begin with and as has been pointed out several times here, 2019 didn't seem realistic to begin with.

It'd be suicide to go up against Star Wars in Holiday season anyway, given the reaction to the E9 trailer and the enthusiasim having returned to the fandom, which no doubt overlaps quite a bit.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

2020 definitely makes sense. I think MOTU could do well as a big summer release or a mid-late spring release. With a solid film with less competition, it could kind of capture an often less crowded market like March-April.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The movie being bumped to 2020 comes as no surprise. I don't think any of us truly expected the initial date of 2019 to happen, considering all that is still left to do.
    It also doesn't mean the Nee brothers are out.
    The Nee brothers are still on it. Christopher Marc of Omega Underground said on Twitter that he's seen documentation stating they're still attached. I think basically, Sony will not make anything "official" until filming begins. Even with cast members, the studios themselves very rarely confirm their inclusion until filming gets underway. That's why casting news for all films always comes from the trades as oppose to the actual studios. Also, costume designers don't join film crews before the director. In fact, they're more than likely hired by the director (in this case, directors).

If everything goes smoothly and filming gets underway in the summer, I expect Sony to announce an actual release date either just before or just as filming gets underway. That seems to be the norm nowadays. It’s what Legendary did with the new Dune film.

In terms of when to release it. Well, it does appear as though Avatar 2 will come out in December 2020 after all. So that's out of the question. Also, Dune is coming out in late November that same year. MOTU probably won't be finished in time for the summer, as it is starting filming in August and will likely go on till late November. I really don't know. Maybe early-ish November? Or even Spring 2021.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 18, 2019 at 10:25am.

November looks interesting , MOTU could take the "vivo" movie spot.
    it is a possibility that Sony use that date for MOTU.

D25cCGvXcAAlvtS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    November looks interesting , MOTU could take the "vivo" movie spot.
    it is a possibility that Sony use that date for MOTU.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1555608410

D25cCGvXcAAlvtS.jpg

Opening the same day as a Marvel movie? I think it would stand a better chance up against a Star Wars movie.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    OK, a couple of things to clear up. The second tweet, from Exhibitor Relations, are adamant that the Nee Brothers are no longer attached, but this latest article says to ignore that part, as the Nee bros are still indeed attached: https://hnentertainment.co/sonys-mas...ned-the-movie/

Also, Discussing Film just tweeted this. So, if they are indeed crewing up, the directors are still attached, as costume designers don't join film crews before a director(s):

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxuserco...563f5facf7.png

Basically, as its TBD, it tells me that Sony still doesn't really know where they want to put it. Which is not really a bad thing. Make the damn thing first, then worry about where, and when, you're going to release it. TBH, a release sometime in early-ish 2021 is not impossible.
    There is nothing in her body of work that gives me confidence in her ability to design inspired costumes for this film.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    There is nothing in her body of work that gives me confidence in her ability to design inspired costumes for this film.
    I like same of the Altered Carbon costumes!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Opening the same day as a Marvel movie? I think it would stand a better chance up against a Star Wars movie.
    Well, then it is impossible any date ,there will always be hard competence in any month,one day the movie must release.

Regarding Ann Foley,I think she will design the costume based on concept arts from the art deparment,of course she will desing costume based in her own ideas but a lot come from the Art dep.
    I think in this kind of movies the costume is made by different deparment .There are a lot of armors ,helmets in motu,I'm not sure that is a work for the costume desing deparment.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 18, 2019 at 05:48pm.