Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1965

Thread: New Movie News and Rumors Thread

Adam Nee posted a video on his Instagram page of him in Germany and then in Czech Republic (MOTU is filming in Prague). People think he (and his brother) is scouting locations. The video only stayed up for 24 hours, so I missed it, but others saw it. So it appears its moving full steam ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Regarding Ann Foley,I think she will design the costume based on concept arts from the art deparment,of course she will desing costume based in her own ideas but a lot come from the Art dep.
    I think in this kind of movies the costume is made by different deparment .There are a lot of armors ,helmets in motu,I'm not sure that is a work for the costume desing deparment.
    Yeah. I think it is far too early to say she doesn't inspire confidence. I mean, yes, I agree, nothing she has worked on up till now fits the MOTU-bill, but that's because she's been fairly locked in the hard sci-fi or a real-world aesthetic. There's really nothing in her portfolio showing how she would work in fantasy. As heavy-eternium says, there are a lot of factors at play. Also, she's mostly worked in television before now, so the budget has always played a role, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 18, 2019 at 08:50pm.

Master of New Adventures!
    Gosh I hate to be a downer here, but just because they are scouting locations, just because they have attached a director, just because of anything, doesn't mean the film will get made. There are a hundred reasons why a film project is pulled and thrown into turnaround and ends up on the shelf. Let me see them with full casting, let me see an AD holding a clacker on the set calling "Scene One, Take One" and let me hear the director calling "Aaaaaaaand, action!" and then I'll know it's going to happen. There's a difference between believing and knowing.

I've seen this countless times during my career -- and I'm not talking just about with my projects, but with projects of hundreds of other people and studios and production companies. If I was a betting man -- and I'm not -- I'd say it's 60-40 against, and that's being generous and hopeful because the odds and any film project in Hollywood going from concept to release is at least 95-5 against. And that's a fact.

Dear Lord, please let me be proved wrong. Please let me live long enough to be sitting in a theater when it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Adam Nee posted a video on his Instagram page of him in Germany and then in Czech Republic (MOTU is filming in Prague). People think he (and his brother) is scouting locations. The video only stayed up for 24 hours, so I missed it, but others saw it. So it appears its moving full steam ahead.

Yeah. I think it is far too early to say she doesn't inspire confidence. I mean, yes, I agree, nothing she has worked on up till now fits the MOTU-bill, but that's because she's been fairly locked in the hard sci-fi or a real-world aesthetic. There's really nothing in her portfolio showing how she would work in fantasy. As heavy-eternium says, there are a lot of factors at play. Also, she's mostly worked in television before now, so the budget has always played a role, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; April 20, 2019 at 06:00pm.

I think the only time when people here will believe this to be a reality is after they've driven home from the cinema from watching Masters of the Universe 5: The Revenge of Bravestarr for the seventh time. I'm the idiotically more optimistic one.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 20, 2019 at 09:06pm.

Belief is a beautiful thing.

I think the only time when people here will believe this to be a reality is after they've driven home from the cinema from watching Masters of the Universe 5: The Revenge of Bravestarr for the seventh time. I'm the idiotically more optimistic one.

Can you blame them? This movie has been in development hell since 2003. Every time there is a sign of progress something comes up and the whole process goes back to square one. It has been years and years of endless rewrites as a dozen directors came and went. I do kind of think it is different this time but who knows. He-Man has become a bit like the "Great Pumpkin" from that Charley Brown special. We wait around forever and nothing happens.

People have been burned too many times and don't want to get their hopes up.

I don't blame them, no. But I do find it quite tiresome when I post something to do with the new movie, and some react to it like I've just made a post screaming that I saw Bigfoot in my back garden. It’s almost patronising in a way, and a discussion-killer. Anyway, what will be will be.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 24, 2019 at 09:25pm.

I don't blame them, no. But I do find it quite tiresome when I post something to do with the new movie, and some react to it like I've just made a post screaming that I saw Bigfoot in my back garden. It’s almost patronising in a way, and a discussion-killer. Anyway, what will be will be.
    I agree. It is one thing to state ones opinion and but another to post the same “believe it when I see it” (just an example) statement. As Krueger stated these type of statements are unproductive and kill the conversation. A lot of us have been here through most of the director changes and script rewrites, and even studio changes, so we know how it goes and know the disappointment that goes with those changes/delays. This time does appear different, I know this has also been said many times; however, we are closer than we have been at any point since the original film, so if we want be enthusiastic and hopefully please allow it and save the pessimistic comments for when some kind of bad news hits (ie director changes, rewrites, studio changes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t worry mate, plenty of us here are very appreciative of you and others posting these updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we’ll get some more concrete casting announcements soon. That’d be a clear sign of intent and give people more confidence in that it’s actually happening this time.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

I shall resume. Adam Nee's latest Instagram story seems to hint (maybe?) that Sy-Klone will be in it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I shall resume. Adam Nee's latest Instagram story seems to hint (maybe?) that Sy-Klone will be in it.
    Interesting, would be nice to see some of the 2nd and 3rd tier characters show up in the movie. I'd love for Webstor, Spikor, Moss Man to make appearances, even if just fleeting.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Really? Where can I see this Instagram story? I can't find it...It would definitely be amazing to see Sy-Klone in the film. He is probably my favorite MOTU character color-wise

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Nice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    Really? Where can I see this Instagram story? I can't find it...It would definitely be amazing to see Sy-Klone in the film. He is probably my favorite MOTU character color-wise
    It was basically the old commercial for the Sy-Klone figure. Adam Nee is a bit of a joker, so it may mean nothing. However, if you were to take his posts at face value, so far he's "teased" Fisto and Sy-Klone.

Anyway, if they are prepping to shoot in August I'm guessing we're going to start hearing about other casting really soon. Obviously who they're going to get for Skeletor will be a huge deal.

Either that, or Adam Nee is Trolling us all and MOTU has been dead and buried for the past month.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 26, 2019 at 08:24pm.

It was basically the old commercial for the Sy-Klone figure. Adam Nee is a bit of a joker, so it may mean nothing. However, if you were to take his posts at face value, so far he's "teased" Fisto and Sy-Klone.

Anyway, if they are prepping to shoot in August I'm guessing we're going to start hearing about other casting really soon. Obviously who they're going to get for Skeletor will be a huge deal.

Either that, or Adam Nee is Trolling us all and MOTU has been dead and buried for the past month.
    I don’t think Adam is trolling us. I think they are getting ready to knock this franchise outta the park! 😎

It would be cool if He-Man kind of looked like this in the film.

Heroic Warrior

It looks, at least to me, Nee Brothers are very excited about this film, so I'm sure Adam isn't trolling us. Man it would be awesome to see Fisto and Sy-Klone.

I agree. Having said all I have said, I do think it is different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    I agree. It is one thing to state ones opinion and but another to post the same “believe it when I see it” (just an example) statement. As Krueger stated these type of statements are unproductive and kill the conversation. A lot of us have been here through most of the director changes and script rewrites, and even studio changes, so we know how it goes and know the disappointment that goes with those changes/delays. This time does appear different, I know this has also been said many times; however, we are closer than we have been at any point since the original film, so if we want be enthusiastic and hopefully please allow it and save the pessimistic comments for when some kind of bad news hits (ie director changes, rewrites, studio changes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the doubters... I’d recommend listening to the latest Roast Gooble Dinner. No announcements, but very clear indications that things are moving allong rapidly at Mattel on the movie front.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    For all the doubters... I’d recommend listening to the latest Roast Gooble Dinner. No announcements, but very clear indications that things are moving allong rapidly at Mattel on the movie front.
    Cool stuff. What do they say?

Also, Nee's latest Instagram post. "Finally found our poppa". Either He-Man has been officially cast, or King Randor has maybe?

Last edited by Krueger; April 27, 2019 at 09:21pm.

Basically what was said is Mattel has plans for movie toys and Super 7 and Mattel have to coordinate regarding anything that's produced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What I do find interesting is, how much sway over the movie do Mattel actually have? As Mattel Films aren't actually fronting any of the money into this thing, how much of a say over the content, designs and story choices do they actually have a say in? Sony is fronting the entire thing themselves, so one would think most things are up to them. So where do Mattel fit in? I'm not sure over the legalalities of this sort of stuff. We all know that Hasbro was very involved with Bumblebee, but not so much with the earlier Transformers films. But I think they actually spent money on Bumblebee, whereas the CEO of Mattel has made it clear that Mattel won't be fronting any of the money for the MOTU movie. In that case, how much of a say do they actually have?
    Last edited by Krueger; April 28, 2019 at 12:23pm.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm guessing Mattel have given the studio some rules to follow, but overall I imagine they will have a free reign. I'm surprised Mattel aren't contributing anything towards it though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

What I do find interesting is, how much sway over the movie do Mattel actually have? As Mattel Films aren't actually fronting any of the money into this thing, how much of a say over the content, designs and story choices do they actually have a say in? Sony is fronting the entire thing themselves, so one would think most things are up to them. So where do Mattel fit in? I'm not sure over the legalalities of this sort of stuff. We all know that Hasbro was very involved with Bumblebee, but not so much with the earlier Transformers films. But I think they actually spent money on Bumblebee, whereas the CEO of Mattel has made it clear that Mattel won't be fronting any of the money for the MOTU movie. In that case, how much of a say do they actually have?
    Probably as much say as they want, as is the case in most licensing deals. Especially with an overprotective "parent".

That said, I would imagine Sony ran the basics of what they want do past Mattel before starting anything so its likely both companies are on the same page. Or at least close to it.

Surely they had to sign off on the script and probably casting to a degree? Hopefully the next Roast Gooble will shed some light. They’ve been hinting at some movie developments the past two episodes, but it wasn’t the main subject at hand. I think E160 will cover movie news.