Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Earl Norem Premium Print Set - Power-Con 2017 Exclusive *look at finished print set

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Fair enough

How many sets was the final count? Any chance some will go unclaimed for purchase on-site or is it all aftermarket now for whoever wants to part with it?
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Super7 doesn't post their numbers on quantities. Sorry!
    And it's all aftermarket at this point. Those sold out during pre-order.

...I'm like the bearer of bad news on everything for you, aren't I?
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    You'll make it up to me eventually I'm sure
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    These came out AMAZING! Such a nice set of prints, and so MANY! I love it!

The forward by his Grandson is so great also.

I was able to speak with Mr. Norem & His wife at the first power-con, they were both very kind, and he talked about how he got started, and how times had changed since then.

An amazing person!
    Last edited by skullking; September 11, 2017 at 06:09pm.

Thanks skullking. A lot of love went into that set. And once the dust settles and I have all my paperwork done, I'll be sending the profits to Mrs. Norem and his grandson.
    Super7 even chipped in their cut of the profits to donate to the Norems.

I hope to hear what everyone thinks who bought one and opened theirs up!

I love mine. This is one of those pieces that you can show to your non-collector friends, and they will take you more seriously. The texture of the prints is awesome, colors are just perfect. The box is so well crafted and you can see that every design choice was deliberate and well thought through. Amazing work, Val!

The only downside is that now I kinda have to keep my shelf around it tidy and fancy looking

Val... truly, AWESOME job on this set... I wish I had the wall space to frame and display all 48! I was so happy to hear you were going to send the profits to Mrs. Norem, and it's awesome that Super7 has opted to do so on their end as well. Truly class-act gestures. I, too, really love that you had Michael write the bio, and I love that he focused on the man, as opposed to placing too much emphasis on MOTU (The art speaks for itself!)

The case is absolutely awesome, and it's just a beautiful presentation that is a cherished addition to my collection (especially with Mr. Norem being my absolute far-and-away favorite MOTU artist of all time.) I was comparing several to the posters or Golden book covers, and I love how with these you can more clearly view the original brushwork (and even see where the canvas texture is in places), since the details get a bit washed out on the production items.

I'm sure it must have killed you to crop off some of the art on the several that necessitated it (especially likely the clock one!), but I of course understand why that was needed for consistency of presentation. In fact, my only minor "critique" (though even here I understand why) is that the cropping actually removes Mr. Norem's signature from a few of the prints. I do feel you made smart choices in the cropping decisions however... just unfortunate about this one thing.

Again, GREAT work. I love it all. Thank you!

Yeah, having to crop stinks. And it was hard at times to crop anything that didn't have his signature, but it was that toss up between do you show the signature, or do you get the best crop on the art?

I'm stoked you all love it!

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, having to crop stinks. And it was hard at times to crop anything that didn't have his signature, but it was that toss up between do you show the signature, or do you get the best crop on the art?

I'm stoked you all love it!
    That's a lot of crop to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    That's a lot of crop to deal with.
    Zing!

Got mine (a good pal mailed me me Power Con swag as I had to cancel going because of a new show I'm doing).

This is an AMAZING collection. I LOVE it. Oh my gosh, so many beautiful images.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, Kayo, Joya, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, The Enchantress, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora