Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Left-over MOTUC up for sale on Mattel's Shop - Roton, Rotar & Twistoid, & much more!

Left-over MOTUC up for sale on Mattel's Shop - Roton, Rotar & Twistoid, & much more!

Click here to access the store!

Items on the Mattel shop are unfortunately only available to ship to the USA and Canada.

MOTUC items will have free shipping from now through May 7th. Free shipping offer is valid on all Masters of the Universe items and applies automatically at checkout. Must select Standard Shipping to qualify. Excludes shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico, international, PO box and APO/FPO addresses.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    This and many other items went up a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    This and many other items went up a couple days ago.
    It's nice that they are looking for move some of that leftover 2016 stock!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

It's going to be quite a frenzy when this stuff goes on sale.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    OK, the Roton was one of my favorite MOTU vehicles as a kid. I wish I still had my original.

This new one looks great, and an improvement over the original. However, $125 (even though it comes with a nice figure) is way too much for this. Despite the coolness factor, I can't justify the price.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; April 29, 2017 at 09:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    OK, the Roton was one of my favorite MOTU vehicles as a kid. I wish I still had my original.

This new one looks great, and an improvement over the original. However, $125 (even though it comes with a nice figure) is way too much for this. Despite the coolness factor, I can't justify the price.
    These are going to sell out almost immediately, so this isn't all that useful of a tip.

But if you got the Roton and sold the Skelecon, you would recoup a huge percentage of the cost, making the vehicle a lot cheaper.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    These are going to sell out almost immediately, so this isn't all that useful of a tip.

But if you got the Roton and sold the Skelecon, you would recoup a huge percentage of the cost, making the vehicle a lot cheaper.
    I'm not so sure the Roton will sell out immediately. If the numbers from before Matty closed are still valid, they had thousands of them still, and they didn't exactly fly out the door when they went up initially. The other stuff, Horde Troopers, Rotar/Twistoid, etc absolutely will though.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not saying that the Roton won't sell out - I'm sure it will. MOTUC are hot, and since they aren't sold @ stores they're difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    I'm not so sure the Roton will sell out immediately. If the numbers from before Matty closed are still valid, they had thousands of them still, and they didn't exactly fly out the door when they went up initially. The other stuff, Horde Troopers, Rotar/Twistoid, etc absolutely will though.
    I suspect most everything with any kind of demand will sell out within minutes (Filmation stuff and Horde troopers for sure). I think the Skelcon will push the Roton out of stock fast. I hope everyone that wants one gets one, but I suspect, this being Mattel, that won't happen.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see the Roton selling out, even with the army builder. Keep in mind-- only 1 vehicle in the history of the entire line has ever sold out-- the Sky Sled. Mattel is still sitting on Talon Fighters, Battle Rams, and Wind Raiders. It's too expensive and too much of a risk for scalpers.

Does anyone else think it is a little odd that just after we had the pre-order for Power-Con that now Super 7 is slated to start pre-orders for the Classics and Filmation sets AND Mattel is putting up the Roton, Horde Trooper, Rotar & Twistoid, etc up for sale at nearly the same time?? It's a conspiracy to get our money I tells ya.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Does anyone else think it is a little odd that just after we had the pre-order for Power-Con that now Super 7 is slated to start pre-orders for the Classics and Filmation sets AND Mattel is putting up the Roton, Horde Trooper, Rotar & Twistoid, etc up for sale at nearly the same time?? It's a conspiracy to get our money I tells ya.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    or more like Mattel trying to steal Super7's thunder and sabotage the pre-order if folks can't afford to buy from them and Super7... Folks have been crying out for more Horde Troopers for a while and they are the obvious choice to go for if you can't afford both.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    or more like Mattel trying to steal Super7's thunder and sabotage the pre-order if folks can't afford to buy from them and Super7... Folks have been crying out for more Horde Troopers for a while and they are the obvious choice to go for if you can't afford both.
    I doubt Mattel had the wherewithal to even know when Super7's preorders were going up. It feels like a clunky coincidence to me.

In the end, I'm not sure Mattel's sale will be all that significant. I think the limited quantities of most everything will go to just a few people.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Where are you guys seeing all these new items? When I search under brand, Masters of the Universe, the same 24 items come up that have been on the site since last year...

Heroic Warrior
    type in Masters Universe in the search field. I am curious as to were folks are getting the Monday sale date for Shop.mattel.com? There is no mention of it on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Why would Mattel want to do that? It would benefit them if Super 7's line is a success and they continue the license.

I never found confirmation of any kind that sale starts tommorow. It seems to be just a rumor to be taken with a grain of salt. Someone on another forum mentioned May 31 as the start of sale not may 1st. No idea were that person got may 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    type in Masters Universe in the search field. I am curious as to were folks are getting the Monday sale date for Shop.mattel.com? There is no mention of it on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
    I never found confirmation of any kind that sale starts tommorow. It seems to be just a rumor to be taken with a grain of salt. Someone on another forum mentioned May 31 as the start of sale not may 1st. No idea were that person got may 31st.
    Val (JSV3 or something similar) said that Mattel told Heman.org that everything could be up as soon as May 1.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Val (JSV3 or something similar) said that Mattel told Heman.org that everything could be up as soon as May 1.
    Apparently a time would have been nice too.

Apparently a time would have been nice too.
    I'd be shocked if the time weren't 9 AM PT whenever it happens, whether the 1st or 31st.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Lion-O is now available (in limiited quantities) on the Mattel Shop if anyone still needs him.

MOD NOTE: I feel there should be one thread for this impending Mattel Shop sale to make it easier for everyone to keep track of when things are avaialble and then when they sell out.

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/thundercats-lion-o-figure-djt85
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you for that tip! (I found Rotar and Twistoid - hope against hope that I can get them - by searching "Twistoid" after reading that they were apparently listed, but otherwise could only turn up the 24.) Getting Anti-Eternia He-Man would also be great; no Scarlett joHordak, but supposedly Spirit of King Grayskull.... The Wind Raider for $12.00 kind of strains credulity, though....
    Some of my current as-yet-unrevealed most wanted: Princess Rana, vintage-toy Catra, Lodar, Artilla, Quakke, Fang-Or, Bubblor, Bruar, Queen Crita, Illeena, Mandible Man, Masks of Power demons, Shezar, Sharella, Gladiator, King Hiss' Slave Girl, Crystoll, Dino-Sorb, Three-Beast, Prince Dakon, Ty-Grrr, Hans Hammer Holder.... And, very excited by most of the Collector's Choice!

I'd be shocked if the time weren't 9 AM PT whenever it happens, whether the 1st or 31st.
    I'm honestly thinking the same thing.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Widget
    They're available now! Finally got a Rotar and Twistoid, huzzah!!!