Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Left-over MOTUC up for sale on Mattel's Shop - Roton, Rotar & Twistoid, & much more!

Rotar and Twistoid is for sale! Go!

Heroic Warrior
    he-man sold out quick

Got it. Thank goodness some darn tweeting birds outside woke me up early. I got a Despara as well.

Heroic Warrior
    They are sold out now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Got it. Thank goodness some darn tweeting birds outside woke me up early. I got a Despara as well.
    Our of stock now - Rotar & Twistoid

I almost had it. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I missed out on the Rotar and Twistoid but snagged a Despara. Looking like she's out of stock now. Talk about a crazy way to wake up!

Heroic Warrior

May Mattel Shop Sale - General

There are already Horde Trooper and Roton threads, but figured I'd create a general one for the rest...

If you missed it, pretty much everything was available EXCEPT the Horde Troopers around 5:30 AM EST this morning - Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Clawful; Rotar & Twistoid, Anti-Eternia He-Man, Spirit of Greyskull, Despara, Roton etc.

Got myself all the 2016 stuff I missed by not subbing except for Filmation Trap-Jaw who wasn't on the site. What did everyone else get?

(Also feel free to leave your complaints here for Mattel putting this stuff up at a ridiculously early time in the US )

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I'm beyond ****** that this went up early, but then again I don't know why I'm surprised, it makes perfect sense that they'd want to put up incredibly small quantities of highly sought after product up with no warning while also dangling the Horde Troopers in front of us all while simultaneously not releasing them.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I expected the sale to start around 9am PST. It never occurred that I should be up at a random time in the AM.

Ugh I really had hoped to get Rotar and Twistoid. I just can't bring myself to pay ebay prices.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

I bought a Tuskador and that was it. I was going to get the Roton but I can't justify $125 for it, everything else I wanted sold out while my eyes were closed.....oh well
    Last edited by ManKindRam; May 1, 2017 at 03:45pm.

Widget
    I missed out on everything. I wonder if the decision to list everything at that odd hour was intentional, or just a function of their system? I would have loved to get a Filmation He-man and a Despara, but it wasn't meant to be.

Chewer of Trollans
    I do think it was poor timing for the sale to be now. Horsemen and Super 7, Mattel's partners in this, are doing there own thing. Another month and it would have been an open playing field for Mattel.
    Anyway, I bought a Roton.

Doh, Rotar and Twistoid are gone it seems. Guess I should have gotten up earlier. Oh well.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Just an FYI, there are only 243 Rotons in stock at Mattel Shop right now. If you add the item to your cart you can keep adding any number to figure out the current stock levels. There is a good possibility this is the amount Mattel has in the warehouse right now and maybe they are getting more in the future but I wouldn't risk it if you really want it. Better to pay full price now than double down the road if you miss out again.

I do know that the reported inventory level back in December on Matty Collector using the cart trick pegged this as having thousands of units still available, but we don't know how accurate that was either.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I was able to grab 2 Rotons, I already have 1 Skelcon and can complete the 3 Skelcons mini army I wanted
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Just ordered one. Didnt want to wait for the troopers to come available incase there is a giant cluster. Its free shipping anyway!

I'd recommend everyone who made a purchase this morning verify that their orders went through. My bank, Wells Fargo, called to inform me that they had declined my purchase due to potential fraud. After speaking with them and Mattel, I was able to have my order reinstated.

How do we know it started at 5:30am? Did someone actually stay up all night refreshing the page?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by beatingthelilies View Post
    I'd recommend everyone who made a purchase this morning verify that their orders went through. My bank, Wells Fargo, called to inform me that they had declined my purchase due to potential fraud. After speaking with them and Mattel, I was able to have my order reinstated.
    Amex texted me a fraud alert on my second order too. First one with the rarer stuff I needed went through fine, then the second order with the common stuff I needed got flagged for fraud even though I got an order confirmation. Amex told me I'd need to place the order again because Mattel would not have received an authorization, so I placed a THIRD order and will be calling Mattel when I can step away from my desk to cancel one of them.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    WTF. Missed the Filmation gang again. Should I just load the gun now or will there be another restock?

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    WTF. Missed the Filmation gang again. Should I just load the gun now or will there be another restock?
    I wouldn't hold your breath. After the Gamestop oddity and now this, I can't imagine there is any meaningful stock of this left, it makes little sense that there could be.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    How do we know it started at 5:30am? Did someone actually stay up all night refreshing the page?
    Horde Troopers I already have but I really wanted Despara so I had a website monitor checking her page every 5 minutes. It went off a little after 5:30 AM EST.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I woke up at 4:55 am Central time and the sale was on.

Well Dang. Nicely done, early bird! Wish I had thought of that.