Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Left-over MOTUC up for sale on Mattel's Shop - Roton, Rotar & Twistoid, & much more!

I was able to get the Roton, but missed out on the figures that would have effectively completed my collection (Rotar/Twistoid, Despara, Wind-Raider, and Snake Mountain stands). I wanted to try and grab Filmation He-Man for my daughter, but alas . . .
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and the Griffen

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    At least people can call in and get people in the US on the phone who are helpful. I do not miss Digital River in the least.
    I don't argue that point. It's just we're kind of going sideways, not forward.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Widget
    That alien planet Julie and Kevin were from.
    Does anyone know if the Horde Trooper is actually temporarily out of stock, or is it gone for good?
    Want to Buy: Power-Con 2017 Earl Norem print set (the first MOTU item to bring me out of lurkdom!)

Quote Originally Posted by TxCAGE View Post
    Does anyone know if the Horde Trooper is actually temporarily out of stock, or is it gone for good?
    its probably gone for good. But I hope its not.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Impossible to tell at this point and time given that we don't know any thing about it. Really depends on the size of the run. If it was just a couple thousands units or less it's probably gone for the most part. 4k+ I highly doubt it. I can't see that many selling that fast for something that wasn't even advertised and for sale at a crazy time no matter how popular it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    I don't argue that point. It's just we're kind of going sideways, not forward.
    Well this is ostensibly the end for MOTU directly from them, so there's no real reason for them to go forward.

Heroic Warrior
    Just got a shipping notice for my rotar/twistoid 2 pack.

Widget
    This can't be sold out for good. Look at ebay. If it was there would be tons of resellers up with them. Right now there are only 3. Personally, I think Mattel is holding the bulk of these back until after the free shipping promotion is over.

Why do we essentially have two threads about this sale?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Mattel shop what's wrong with you my name is not Eduardo

Funny they called me Kenny today I was like wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I expected the sale to start around 9am PST. It never occurred that I should be up at a random time in the AM.

Ugh I really had hoped to get Rotar and Twistoid. I just can't bring myself to pay ebay prices.
    Same. Up at 8. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I missed my chance at Filmation He-man yet again.
    Yep, me too. I actually hadnt thought he'd be up but I guess he was, and I missed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    ok s7. individual packages please.
    Here, Here!

I see a huge idea in that. Reissue but with the single pack versions alot of collectors, particularly MIB Collectors, would love it, and people like me who open but did not get them would geta chance.

Boy I hope they understand this is something we really need. Great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    There are DEFINITELY enough Roton's available for everyone. That is not a problem. Plenty of those - they didn't sell very many the first time around, mostly because the price is simply too high. If they drip the price, even to $90 or so, they'll sell more. I think eventually it will be available for $75. We'll see.

Enough Horde Troopers on the other hand... that would have been nice.
    If the stock lasts a while longer I will definitely pick up a Roton next paycheck if everything aligns. with all the other misses I will be grateful if I can at least get Roton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Funny they called me Kenny today I was like wtf?
    Yes, and it appears that I am "Jason". I am not Jason.

-------------------------

Final for now:

It is letting me add Battle Cat to the cart. I do not need one but someone else was saying they could not get it. Says "In Stock" and it lets me add. I do not think you should give up trying, mate.

The idea that the single carded Horde Trooper is sold out is ridiculous to me. They had to have done a larger run than that. And so I shall await to see that there are more, or some flaw or other (in the pile of flaws) is leading to an uneven availability of them.

Worst case scenario maybe at least we'll see some come up on BBTS or ebay for a reasonable price. I want three, and if I cannot get three at a reasonable price I'll just stay satisfied with my original 2 pack. But I'd really like more.

I was very excited about this. So be it, at least with everything past ROTON I had basically given up on finding anyway, and I can still (as of writing) get that. AND still hold out that either A) There will be more Single Card Horde Trooper or B) Super7 will do an "Ultimate" Horde Trooper since there is a ton of stuff they could add to make it "Ultimate"

I expect (especially if we end up not getting a crack at single carded Horde Troopers) an Ultimate Trooper with Trooper, Historic trooper, Water Trooper, Monster Trooper heads along with Toy staff, Shield, Toon Baton, Crossbow, and Sunder Axe. That'll be more than this single trooper but still worthwhile. Sorry to digress but while I expect this is not the last we see of Single Card trooper, I have to keep my spirits up in case it is.

Really though, Super7 has got to do a Single Carded version of Rotar & Twistoid. Pretty please?
    Last edited by baronterror; May 1, 2017 at 09:05pm.

I wish the non-exclusive figures would be discounted for 40% off like some past sales. The free shipping on all MOTU toys apparently doesn't apply to the clamshells, since you still have to get to the $39 to get free shipping on those.

I've been gone all day. I missed Rotar and Twistoid. And although the Troopers say limited quantity, not sold out, clicking the add to cart button does nothing. You can make fun of me all you want, but I feel like I could cry right now. I've been without a single Trooper since 2013, and I had to miss Rotar and Twistoid due to a lack of funds, and could never possibly afford the after market prices for either of these. And today I totally missed both apparently. Boy, Matty just had to land the mother of all haymakers on me, well after I thought they were done giving me the finger.

I can't possibly explain how I feel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wish the non-exclusive figures would be discounted for 40% off like some past sales. The free shipping on all MOTU toys apparently doesn't apply to the clamshells, since you still have to get to the $39 to get free shipping on those.
    Were you able to buy the clamshells? I have been trying since noon and keep getting that error.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Yes, and it appears that I am "Jason". I am not Jason.

-------------------------

?
    If you were Jason, you'd probably get anything you want. Seriously, go around with a hockey mask and a machete and see who takes your parking space.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Were you able to buy the clamshells? I have been trying since noon and keep getting that error.
    I can't get the clampshells either. Site is just as bad as Matty's!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I've been gone all day. I missed Rotar and Twistoid. And although the Troopers say limited quantity, not sold out, clicking the add to cart button does nothing. You can make fun of me all you want, but I feel like I could cry right now. I've been without a single Trooper since 2013, and I had to miss Rotar and Twistoid due to a lack of funds, and could never possibly afford the after market prices for either of these. And today I totally missed both apparently. Boy, Matty just had to land the mother of all haymakers on me, well after I thought they were done giving me the finger.

Try not to be too bummed yet. I have a feeling eBay will be flooded with these things in a week when all the scalpers get their shipments in. Won't be able to get them for $25 with free shipping but they might not be as crazy expensive as you expect.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nickdoobs; May 2, 2017 at 09:31am.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

I completely slept through the Trooper sale but I'm glad I got 2 Rotons and 4 Sunders on the way
    Now I just have to patiently wait out Matty's month long shipping time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I just tried to check out with 3 and got "There was a bad or missing parameter: ATP_RESERVATION_ERROR-orderId-."

Assuming everything processes through which according to a Mattel customer service rep told me it was, I should have Despara, Rotar & Twistoid, Spirit of Grayskull, Anti-Eternia He-Man, Filmation He-Man and Horde Troopers heading my way.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Hang in there man. I think I know exactly how you feel. Buying these toys should not require all of this stress and disappointment. Just keep your chin up - it's going to be all the more enjoyable when you finally get your hands on these guys. They are not the rarest thing on planet Earth, although at the moment it probably feels that way

Never in a million years would I have thought that the sale would start at 2am.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    It is letting me add Battle Cat to the cart. I do not need one but someone else was saying they could not get it. Says "In Stock" and it lets me add. I do not think you should give up trying, mate.
    I was one of the ones that wanted Battle Cat. He is still in my cart, and it keeps saying he is in stock, but I still get the error every time I get to the "complete order" screen. Been trying off and on all day. Oh well, if it is meant to be, it will happen. If not, maybe someone got extras and will have them available in the Market or on Ebay without it costing too much. Guess we will see. I will probably keep trying off and on until it quits saying he is "in stock" though. I figure they were so busy today it may take time for them to process what it still available.

Nuts, no Horde Wraiths left. I was hoping for a second to flank Shadow Weaver. I think she'd look cool with her own shadowy guard.

Debating whether to pull trigger on Standor. He's not really a Horde guy, but I have this feeling with He-Man allied to DC, Stan won't be coming back any time soon. And maybe a Talon Fighter.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Just curious, was anyone actually able to get the Wind Raider for $12? I know it was not the most popular item, but it definitely seemed like the best deal considering how much the rest of the vehicles cost. I thought it might actually be a typo on Mattel's part that worked in the customers' favor.