Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 135 of 135

Thread: Single Carded Horde Trooper Arrival & Discussion Thread

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    677
    Nice force.

    Clearly you don't mind the big yellow visor.

    It always takes me forever to pose troopers so they look like they two eyes.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  2. #127
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made my own trooper heads (filmation look) since I never liked displaying the whole "eye" which is clearly a flaw in the design and makes the trooper look a lot less menacing imo
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0080.jpg
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0081.jpg
    Wow, that's awesome, nice job! This is my issue with the Horde Trooper, who I was so looking forward to. The "eyes" look ridiculous. I really hope we see them in the Grayskull line as a completely faithful Filmation interpretation at some point!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

    Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

  3. #128
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Wow, that's awesome, nice job! This is my issue with the Horde Trooper, who I was so looking forward to. The "eyes" look ridiculous. I really hope we see them in the Grayskull line as a completely faithful Filmation interpretation at some point!
    I thought for sure we would, but now I'm not so sure. This sale and reissue may have seriously hurt Trooper demand.

    Incidentally, going through all mine shows that the paint apps on the single pack Troopers leaves something to be desired at times.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  4. #129
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    920
    Before someone gives me a face palm. This wasn't mentioned, I didn't know this but the single carded Horde Trooper came with the battle damage stickers like the hover bots have. I was very surprised by this. I opened the 3 I got from Mattel shop today. Glad I got a few more of these guys.

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Broken Bow, OK
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I thought for sure we would, but now I'm not so sure. This sale and reissue may have seriously hurt Trooper demand.

    Incidentally, going through all mine shows that the paint apps on the single pack Troopers leaves something to be desired at times.
    Same here. I ordered 3 just in cast, but that is part of why I am thinking of getting 2 or 3 more, just in case we never get the Filmation versions.

  6. #131
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    3 arrived today, all got great apps like my last 6. But, this time I don't see no dark shadowing. I didn't put one side by side yet. I just remember my last 6 being dark. OK just did it. The newest batch are all clean and light I don't see any dark wash. The first batch has a dark wash in areas. Interesting.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

  7. #132
    Heroic Warrior invisibleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Utica, NY (CNY)
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    3 arrived today, all got great apps like my last 6. But, this time I don't see no dark shadowing. I didn't put one side by side yet. I just remember my last 6 being dark. OK just did it. The newest batch are all clean and light I don't see any dark wash. The first batch has a dark wash in areas. Interesting.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    my Posts in a few other threads (& probably this thread) addresses this. I actually wish I had an even # of May 1st HTs & Backordered HT, but i don't. I have x10 May 1st Troopers (produced in 2016), ...& have x1 Backorder HT w/out the (maybe a little excessive on some) Shading. My x1 Backorder HT was produced in Feb. 2017. ..So the May 1st Horde Troopers & the Backordered Horde Troopers were produced almost 1 year apart!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

  8. #133
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    my Posts in a few other threads (& probably this thread) addresses this. I actually wish I had an even # of May 1st HTs & Backordered HT, but i don't. I have x10 May 1st Troopers (produced in 2016), ...& have x1 Backorder HT w/out the (maybe a little excessive on some) Shading. My x1 Backorder HT was produced in Feb. 2017. ..So the May 1st Horde Troopers & the Backordered Horde Troopers were produced almost 1 year apart!
    This makes for a variant. And yeah I remember your post. You were talking about dates.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    3 arrived today, all got great apps like my last 6. But, this time I don't see no dark shadowing. I didn't put one side by side yet. I just remember my last 6 being dark. OK just did it. The newest batch are all clean and light I don't see any dark wash. The first batch has a dark wash in areas. Interesting.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    You're lucky on the apps. Of my 24, about 5 or 6 have had some sloppiness around the eyes, with one just being terrible.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    868
    Finally got mine! I have more of a small group than an army though...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •