Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Single Carded Horde Trooper Arrival & Discussion Thread

Nice force.

Clearly you don't mind the big yellow visor.

It always takes me forever to pose troopers so they look like they have two eyes.
    Last edited by jscott991; June 29, 2017 at 01:06pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made my own trooper heads (filmation look) since I never liked displaying the whole "eye" which is clearly a flaw in the design and makes the trooper look a lot less menacing imo
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0080.jpg
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0081.jpg
    Wow, that's awesome, nice job! This is my issue with the Horde Trooper, who I was so looking forward to. The "eyes" look ridiculous. I really hope we see them in the Grayskull line as a completely faithful Filmation interpretation at some point!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Wow, that's awesome, nice job! This is my issue with the Horde Trooper, who I was so looking forward to. The "eyes" look ridiculous. I really hope we see them in the Grayskull line as a completely faithful Filmation interpretation at some point!
    I thought for sure we would, but now I'm not so sure. This sale and reissue may have seriously hurt Trooper demand.

Incidentally, going through all mine shows that the paint apps on the single pack Troopers leaves something to be desired at times.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Before someone gives me a face palm. This wasn't mentioned, I didn't know this but the single carded Horde Trooper came with the battle damage stickers like the hover bots have. I was very surprised by this. I opened the 3 I got from Mattel shop today. Glad I got a few more of these guys.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I thought for sure we would, but now I'm not so sure. This sale and reissue may have seriously hurt Trooper demand.

Incidentally, going through all mine shows that the paint apps on the single pack Troopers leaves something to be desired at times.
    Same here. I ordered 3 just in cast, but that is part of why I am thinking of getting 2 or 3 more, just in case we never get the Filmation versions.

Heroic Warrior
    3 arrived today, all got great apps like my last 6. But, this time I don't see no dark shadowing. I didn't put one side by side yet. I just remember my last 6 being dark. OK just did it. The newest batch are all clean and light I don't see any dark wash. The first batch has a dark wash in areas. Interesting.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    3 arrived today, all got great apps like my last 6. But, this time I don't see no dark shadowing. I didn't put one side by side yet. I just remember my last 6 being dark. OK just did it. The newest batch are all clean and light I don't see any dark wash. The first batch has a dark wash in areas. Interesting.

my Posts in a few other threads (& probably this thread) addresses this. I actually wish I had an even # of May 1st HTs & Backordered HT, but i don't. I have x10 May 1st Troopers (produced in 2016), ...& have x1 Backorder HT w/out the (maybe a little excessive on some) Shading. My x1 Backorder HT was produced in Feb. 2017. ..So the May 1st Horde Troopers & the Backordered Horde Troopers were produced almost 1 year apart!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    my Posts in a few other threads (& probably this thread) addresses this. I actually wish I had an even # of May 1st HTs & Backordered HT, but i don't. I have x10 May 1st Troopers (produced in 2016), ...& have x1 Backorder HT w/out the (maybe a little excessive on some) Shading. My x1 Backorder HT was produced in Feb. 2017. ..So the May 1st Horde Troopers & the Backordered Horde Troopers were produced almost 1 year apart!
    This makes for a variant. And yeah I remember your post. You were talking about dates.

You're lucky on the apps. Of my 24, about 5 or 6 have had some sloppiness around the eyes, with one just being terrible.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Finally got mine! I have more of a small group than an army though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Nice force.

Clearly you don't mind the big yellow visor.

It always takes me forever to pose troopers so they look like they two eyes.
    Put a little triangle of black electrical tape on them! It works pretty well, and is removable.

Quote Originally Posted by woozlindemon View Post
    Put a little triangle of black electrical tape on them! It works pretty well, and is removable.
    This is an incredible idea!
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

When did this figure become available? Isn't Matty closed?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

May 1st, Shop Mattel's site. Sold out in about 15 minutes, then they were available to purchase again with a 'Backordered until June 15th' designation. Since then, all backorders have been fulfilled, and I believe they are still available on the site, along with Rotar and Twistoid.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    When did this figure become available? Isn't Matty closed?
    Currently showing as in stock on shop.mattel.com.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

For those curious how the black tape worked out, here are some pics of my evolving Horde display. Three of these troopers are old two-pack troopers without the black tape, while the rest are single pack. Notice how "dirty" the single pack troopers are. That black wash was NOT limited to just the pre-backordered group.

Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Just got two in the mail monday. One had bad paint apps and had black wash that was horrible and a defected plastic bubble and the other had perfect black wash and perfect apps.

Last edited by unclassified; July 5, 2017 at 03:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the reservoir of troopers are all now mixed. First batch was definitely way to much wash. My back orders and the ones I got the second round had no wash at all. And then the two I just posted about was a mixed bag. But for 20 a pop shipped can't really complain. These things are dope and addicting. But I'm done. I'm putting mattelshop.com on block.

I think the reservoir of troopers are all now mixed. First batch was definitely way to much wash. My back orders and the ones I got the second round had no wash at all. And then the two I just posted about was a mixed bag. But for 20 a pop shipped can't really complain. These things are dope and addicting. But I'm done. I'm putting mattelshop.com on block.

Pretty much all of my 24 are heavy black wash. Of my 24, I classified 6 as unusable paint apps, 13 as middling paint apps, and 5 as very good. The very good, though, had some heavy black wash. I was mainly concerned about the visors paint quality.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much all of my 24 are heavy black wash. Of my 24, I classified 6 as unusable paint apps, 13 as middling paint apps, and 5 as very good. The very good, though, had some heavy black wash. I was mainly concerned about the visors paint quality.
    Yeah I hear ya on the visor quality. I have sundar heads so any that have a bad Visor I'll just switch the head the one that came Monday that was bad had a horribly painted patch on the upper arm. That whole figure and package was trash.

I had one that bled red paint all over his chest. That was a weird problem.

But I've got enough to sub in.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Did anyone have trouble popping off the heads? Mine were hard to get off. I gave one of them a He-Man head and the other an original Trooper head. Those were also hard to pop on.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Did anyone have trouble popping off the heads? Mine were hard to get off. I gave one of them a He-Man head and the other an original Trooper head. Those were also hard to pop on.
    I've never been able to get a Trooper head off without using hot water -- both these new ones and the old two pack versions.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

For those curious how the black tape worked out, here are some pics of my evolving Horde display. Three of these troopers are old two-pack troopers without the black tape, while the rest are single pack. Notice how "dirty" the single pack troopers are. That black wash was NOT limited to just the pre-backordered group.

https://image.ibb.co/cf62Pa/IMG_1185.jpg
    https://image.ibb.co/h2nyxv/IMG_1186.jpg
    Okay, I am totally going to use some black electric tape on the eyes now. They look SO much better!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a "how to" video about doing the tape thing.