Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Carded Horde Trooper Arrival & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Mine shoudl (finally) be here today. They were originally supposed to show up Monday, but that...changed.
    Yeah Fedex is annoying. For the last several days they've said "Scheduled to arrive Wednesday". Well I look today and now it's bumped to Friday.
    This happens frequently with Fedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    Yeah Fedex is annoying. For the last several days they've said "Scheduled to arrive Wednesday". Well I look today and now it's bumped to Friday.
    I don't know how Fedex does things, but the UPS here has a route they follow. Since I'm at the end of the route, if they have too many stops before me, they just don't get to my house that day. Since they follow the same route everyday, if the next day is also very busy, I will again be pushed back. Infuriating.

The two that I received earlier this week are messy as far as paint-apps go, especially compared to my OG two pack version, which are super crisp. Really sloppy on the red chest emblem especially, lots of bleeding and random red swirls in the armor. Basically the same abysmal QA you'd expect from Mattel on the last couple years for MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    The two that I received earlier this week are messy as far as paint-apps go, especially compared to my OG two pack version, which are super crisp. Really sloppy on the red chest emblem especially, lots of bleeding and random red swirls in the armor. Basically the same abysmal QA you'd expect from Mattel on the last couple years for MOTUC.
    This exactly. The black/yellow on the helmet and the horde emblem are sloppy on all of mine.

GUYS! That's the exclusive Battle Damage!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedpsyche View Post
    Might be because they will probably hand it off to the USPS for delivery, as it happened with my order.

Mine are still scheduled for today. Fed Ex will take them to my usps and then my regular mail carrier delivers.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hopefully I'll have mine tonight. They were delivered on Monday, but my wife and I ship everything that we order to her grandparents' house because we have difficulty getting packages delivered at our place. I believe that she was stopping there today before work, so hopefully that means the figures will be in the trunk of her car when she gets home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Might be because they will probably hand it off to the USPS for delivery, as it happened with my order.
    That is probably the case, but it's still annoying that it got pushed out another 2 days. I mean they're only toys so it's not that big a deal, but I was really looking FWD to today. First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    This exactly. The black/yellow on the helmet and the horde emblem are sloppy on all of mine.
    For some reason your comment made me think of Adam Sandler's sloppy joe song from SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    He-man is destroying them so fast the Horde doesn't have time to make them look all pretty at the factory.

Mine showed up in the mail today! The paint aps seem decent on my initial, cursory glance, but Hermione has absconded with them.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Mine are still deciding what day they want to show up on. First the scheduled delivery day was Monday, and then it got bumped to Friday. Now the tracking is showing a Wednesday (today) delivery so we will see...Fingers crossed.
    Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Mattel Shop finally emailed me back with a tracking number today and according to the tracking they just cleared customs this morning. Downside is there seems to be a customs fee to pay and Parcel Farce are delivering them, but good news is if I can pay the fee over the phone tomorrow, I might get them Friday I don't even mind the customs fee since Mattel Shop gave me free shipping!
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    UGH! ...This is exactly why I bounced on here really quick, ...as my anxiously awaited for & highly anticipated Horde Troopers arrived today. I opened the box, & first checked the x1 CG CLAWFUL I added to the order to have as a New character in MOTUC. I wanted CG Clawful to be *PINCH-OR", Evil Warrior with The Powerful Piercing Pinch. IOW, a low level Skeletor Lackey (like on Filmation) that is found out to be a descendant of The SNAKE MEN, & Like Cobra Khan, Defects to The Snake Men. (anything to bolster the Snake Men's ranksss. + although slightly under-detailed, to me CG Clawful fits in better than the upcoming FANGOR; who I feel is too detailed looking compared to the vintage updates for my tastes.) ...& on first glance already I spotted a few paint issues, & worse, ..
    ** this CG CLAWFUL is posed in the package in a way where it looks like his LEFT Lower leg is bent away from his upper leg, causing some gaping from where the packaging has stretched the lower leg at the knee peg. I HOPE it looks much worse in package, & is salvageable by just pushing it back together firmly. I wish I had a blow dryer (single male w/ thick crazy curly/nappy hair, so blow dryer = frizzy cotton candy meets electrocution hair!), but could use hot water & a clear elastic band to fix it probably.

Then the first HORDE TROOPER I quickly slid out of the mailer & looked at immediately filled me w/ an all too familiar DREAD! a 2016 DREAD, ...Sloppy SLOPPY Paint work!
    ...so I just quickly opened the mailer on a 2nd HT & saw he also had paint SLOP issues as well. I didn't open any more yet, I have to jump in the shower & get ready to go somewhere, but decided to check on here, because as of yesterday, I had NOT heard anything about QC issues w/ this batch of troopers. ...Nonetheless, ...my autistic nephew will probably NOT notice this EGREGIOUS QC on paint apps (@ least on 2/2 so far), ...& He & his brother LOVED playing MOTUC w/ my loose collection w/ me, & I use playing as a way to Teach so many things, especially a huge miraculous increase in their vocabularies, especially my autistic nephew ...you know, the one Dr. suggested would be pretty much non-verbal, maybe using 4 or so words at most. ....Ummmm, ...He-Man & I have made miracles happen with that boy, who reads at least 1 grade level above his, ...I mean 1 grade level of non-autistic students! ....at 6, this kid could name every Mattel JUSTICE League Unlimited Hero & Villain figure I have in my huge almost complete collection, & all the MOTUC figures of course. ...I mean, at 6 the kid would know the word Scabbard, ....know tell me The POWER of Grayskull doesn't enable Transformation! lol. ...so since he was obsessed w/ HORDE TROOPERS, I desperately tried to get more 2-packs for him (ok US) to play with, since I only had my x2 subscription 2-pks. (1 Loose + 1 MIB), ...but they sold out in under 15 mins & I didn't log on until almost an hour after they went live on DoS, & I had them in my cart when their CS stock went up in EA, & they sold out before I could cash out. IOW, They literally lasted 2 mins., since I had hit submit order just when it was turning 3 mins. after they were added to EA. He cried. Then I cried. It was an emotional momement. But I Vowed more Troopers would join our EVIL HORDES ranks, ...you Know After ORKO popped in & gave us a PSA on what's REALLY Important in Life, & all that good garbage! LOL! #Orkossmackdown #teachablemoment ...But it may be years later, ...But I can make good on my promise! ..Even though his age now would make him way less likely to play w/ my Toys (my age doesn't stop me of course), his emotional age has him still obsessively collecting, watching videos of, & playing with Thomas The Train Take-&-Play toys, ...so this Uncle KNOWS he's going go NUTS when he can finally make MOTUC He-Man (I have to be She-Ra for the double HT Kick like in SotS) make a HEAP of Horde Troopers! ...If I could win the lottery, or suddenly be gifted in customizing, ....I'd get him a *Motuc *FLATENED Horde Trooper" custom, where the HT is waddling away all "FLAT like a PANCAKE!" ...he'd go nuts over that HT "Variant" LOL!.

So takeaway from my once again unintended novel-length post:

x1 CG Clawful = leg warped in package. Hope I can fix it.

x2/2 HT I quickly looked at have Abysmal QC -aka- *Sloppy Paint Apps.

- I Hope the rest are better.
    - I'm Still Grateful I can finally provide my nephew w/ more than x2 Troopers.
    - MOTUC Toys legitimately helped me TEACH my autistic nephew is many areas of education.

*He-Man TOYS can be instruments of learning for children in many different areas! ex. Vocabulary, Math, Problem Solving, Sharing, Shapes, Colors, ect. ...& the BEST Part, ...The KIDS are having SO MUCH FUN that isn't Killing ppl in a video game (CoD), stealing Cars & Police Chases (GTA), or watching mindless TV/internet videos. (Note: I don't like them playing those video games, but I'm NOT the parent. So I do what I can to encourage imaginative play & sneak Learning in on them while doing so!).
    ************************************************** ********************************
    *Plea to the ..now please please after Mattycollector never reimbursed me or replaced a $140+ Order before they closed, ...PLEASE let mattel shop Fill my ROTAR vs TWISTOID backorders!!! ...I will consider getting at least x1 2-pk. for my loose collection a complete MOTU/POP Vintage line in my MOTUC (if I can get a reasonable Wundar as well. ...still will not be a complete MOTUC collection. I'm missing King-He-man, Bronze KG, KG first releae as well. ...my MIB collection is missing 25-30% as well.).
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I got my order today. And that was... interesting.

Somewhere along the way, the shipping box got wet, and water seeped inside. Several of the outer mailer boxes of the Troopers were wet, but some even had the back cards wet (in one or two cases, they were soaked).

The ABSOLUTE WORST PART was the smell!!! Because many of the packing peanuts got wet, they caused the whole box to have this horrible vinegar-like smell.

I'm just glad that I'm not a MOC collector, otherwise the vast majority of them would have been worthless for keeping MOC. I quickly went to work taking the figures, accessories, and stickers (even though I likely won't use them) out of the packages, and them promptly took all of the packaging from the individual Troopers as well as the shipping box and peanuts out to the dumpster at my condo.

Luckily the figures themselves don't stink after being removed from all of the packaging.

For the most part I seem to have lucked out in the paint app department. One Trooper does have an extra red "line" slightly above one wing of the Horde logo (which is the worst paint app issue that I noticed on any of them), and a couple have some minor imperfections on the visor area, but overall nothing awful.

This thread needs some more pics!!

I think I'll put the battle damaged 2pack Trooper on one of these cards.

IMG_1487.jpg
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    This thread needs some more pics!!
    IMG_2891.jpg

My haul from last week. I was surprised to receive them so quickly here in Montreal (what with the flooding and all) and the icing on the cake; no customs fees

For those who've asked about the difference between 2-pack and single carded Horde Trooper:

Single on the left, 2-pack on the right.

To my eye, the only real difference is a dirtier paint wash on the single version.

Singles on the outside, 2-pack versions closer to Hordak.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    For those who've asked about the difference between 2-pack and single carded Horde Trooper:

To my eye, the only real difference is a dirtier paint wash on the single version.

Singles on the outside, 2-pack versions closer to Hordak.
    I see another difference. I noticed it on my MIB Troopers and the MOC single, but the armor measurements seem off.

From the front view, the single version's chestpiece armor looks as though it fits higher up, displaying more of the "abdomen" compared to the 2-Pack version. Also, when you look at the backside, the reverse happens if you look closely. I've tried to fit the armor lower on my loose single to display less of the ab, but I can't do it. There's the difference, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I see another difference. I noticed it on my MIB Troopers and the MOC single, but the armor measurements seem off.

From the front view, the single version's chestpiece armor looks as though it fits higher up, displaying more of the "abdomen" compared to the 2-Pack version. Also, when you look at the backside, the reverse happens if you look closely. I've tried to fit the armor lower on my loose single to display less of the ab, but I can't do it. There's the difference, I believe.
    This might be intentional. One of the criticisms of the 2 pack was that the armor sat too low, exposing too much of the yellow eyes.

I actually use some foam pieces to help keep my armor up high to make the yellow visor look more like two sets of eyes. They might have responded to that criticism.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Let me just say I am so very thankful that Mattel got these through production before shutting down the line. I just remember how bummed we were all summer and fall last year not knowing what the fate of the Roton/Skelcon and Horde Trooper single would be. I'm sure it had more to do with them already having the tooling and production queued up prior to the decision to shut down Matty Collector, but I am so happy to see these make it through. It was a great way to end the line through Mattel, though we had better get Stridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Let me just say I am so very thankful that Mattel got these through production before shutting down the line. I just remember how bummed we were all summer and fall last year not knowing what the fate of the Roton/Skelcon and Horde Trooper single would be. I'm sure it had more to do with them already having the tooling and production queued up prior to the decision to shut down Matty Collector, but I am so happy to see these make it through. It was a great way to end the line through Mattel, though we had better get Stridor.
    It would have been even better if they had managed the sale in a way that have allowed more people to get them.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    This might be intentional. One of the criticisms of the 2 pack was that the armor sat too low, exposing too much of the yellow eyes.

I actually use some foam pieces to help keep my armor up high to make the yellow visor look more like two sets of eyes. They might have responded to that criticism.
    That is a welcome improvement if that is the case. I'll have to compare my single pack troopers to the 2-pack versions up close.

Though I don't currently have the tools to do so, I would like to possibly drill/dremel the hole inside of the heads a bit deeper so that they sit lower on the peg that they attach to. That would help in making the eyes look right.