Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Single Carded Horde Trooper Arrival & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I see another difference. I noticed it on my MIB Troopers and the MOC single, but the armor measurements seem off.

From the front view, the single version's chestpiece armor looks as though it fits higher up, displaying more of the "abdomen" compared to the 2-Pack version. Also, when you look at the backside, the reverse happens if you look closely. I've tried to fit the armor lower on my loose single to display less of the ab, but I can't do it. There's the difference, I believe.
    You're right. Good eye.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

They look good but I passed on the single carded trooper. I have 22 horde troopers between my subscriptions that year and the day of sale stock so I have my army no need for me to invest more money on these. I'll wait for super7 to have a full on Filmation Horde Trooper at some point and that I will buy several of.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I'm showing mine were delivered today. I won't be home until late, but hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up either later tonight or tomorrow. Super psyched!!

it makes no sense they have produced a small quota of these, they better be sold on june 15th, demand is there, I really believe in this pre-order, must be true....and I want to build my army of troopers damn it!

whereas I have some doubts on Twistoid & Rotar, I'm afraid there will be cancellations and lots of people disappointed
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i got mine! yup, the armor sits higher so the eyes look better & they are darker. which makes the Sundar heads look a little strange on them

PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Maybe I'm the last one to notice this but do the single carded Troopers have a regular horde logo on their chest without the fake red "button" of the earlier versions?

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Maybe I'm the last one to notice this but do the single carded Troopers have a regular horde logo on their chest without the fake red "button" of the earlier versions?
    No, the single carded troopers have the same chest piece as the two pack. Laser Force Zodak's post might have gotten you thinking in that direction. But those figures with the Aqua Trooper heads are customized Sundar bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Min arrived yesterday. The paint apps on most of them look fine ( I got 6). Any paint app issues on them were ever so slight IMO.

Paint aps were good on my 4.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

I wish somebody would do a simple close up comparison of both versions of the Horde troopers with the original heads only, not the Sunder heads. I'm curious to see the real difference in the eyes with this "updated" armor.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    I wish somebody would do a simple close up comparison of both versions of the Horde troopers with the original heads only, not the Sunder heads. I'm curious to see the real difference in the eyes with this "updated" armor.
    Somebody already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    For those who've asked about the difference between 2-pack and single carded Horde Trooper:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps3s4fjzu7.jpg
    Single on the left, 2-pack on the right.

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps7pzzuoxb.jpg
    Single on the left, 2-pack on the right.

To my eye, the only real difference is a dirtier paint wash on the single version.

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...pslugz9jma.jpg
    Singles on the outside, 2-pack versions closer to Hordak.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

ordered mine today on Mattel Shop. Really hope this backorder goes through. Excited to see all of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    ordered mine today on Mattel Shop. Really hope this backorder goes through. Excited to see all of yours.
    So you can go ahead and order them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Somebody already did.
    That's not close enough. I make out zero difference in the eyes, cuz the photographer did not get close enough on the heads and the heads are not placed the same way. Those pics don't help.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Warrior
    My order arrived so far I opened two, I noticed one had a deep cut/tear defect on the head above the visor, it may be small but still bothers me a bit. I contacted mattel about the matter, not sure if they can or will do anything about it

20170513_004824.jpg

Guess I'll ask again. Third times the charm?

Can you order these right now with the backorder status, and then when (if) more come in they ship, or are the people who have backorder orders those who got their orders canceled due to Mattel's inability to sell the actual amount they had?

Also, if you order something on backorder from them, will it be charged now, or when it ships?

Any help is appreciated. I've been without a single Trooper since they were initially released in 2013, so I'd really hate to miss an opportunity now, since it may very well be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post

Can you order these right now with the backorder status, and then when (if) more come in they ship, or are the people who have backorder orders those who got their orders canceled due to Mattel's inability to sell the actual amount they had?

Also, if you order something on backorder from them, will it be charged now, or when it ships?

Any help is appreciated. I've been without a single Trooper since they were initially released in 2013, so I'd really hate to miss an opportunity now, since it may very well be my last.
    You get charged when they ship (preauth will drop off your card), if they have them they will send them, and it would probably be a good idea to get one now.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Got my 10th and final trooper yesterday. 9 days after the initial 9 arrived, the lone, final trooper made his way into the ranks. Classic Mattel shipping oddities.

What He-Dad said. Keep in mind, however, that this might not pan out due to issues in the past with Mattel Shop listing items on backorder and ultimately cancelling orders.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just better to err on the side of caution. You never know, though, so order what you can and hope for the best!

Why don't you call Mattel to find out. I don't think those are really questions anyone here could answer definitively. Or, you could just place the order and cross your fingers like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just better to err on the side of caution. You never know, though, so order what you can and hope for the best!
    eBay sellers who have put them up for pre-order seem convinced they will get them! I personally wouldn't list any hot item until I have it in hand or I have a back up plan if they don't end up fulfilling my orders. I expect most folks who pre-ordered on eBay will be getting their money back and no Troopers.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

No one really knows for sure, but there's a good chance at least some of the backordered orders will ship. Worth a shot.

Heroic Warrior
    Just go to ebay and get them there while prices are low..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Prices are.low due to this back order. This backorder is not real. At this time it is wisest to go to ebay and take advantage of the low prices since everyone that wants them has them on back order and scalpers are taking the hit. Buy them low now off scalpers because they are going to shoot up in price in a month. Then no one will have any except the scalpers since no one will want to or be able to afford them at a 100 plus. These things will end up 100 bucks a pop at minimum in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Prices are.low due to this back order. This backorder is not real. At this time it is wisest to go to ebay and take advantage of the low prices since everyone that wants them has them on back order and scalpers are taking the hit. Buy them low now off scalpers because they are going to shoot up in price in a month. Then no one will have any except the scalpers since no one will want to or be able to afford them at a 100 plus. These things will end up 100 bucks a pop at minimum in a few months.

lol

I am still in the process of saving for the Super 7 subs, and that's just to start the payment plan. There's no way I can afford $60 for just one of these.

This is so disheartening. The Troopers, Rotar and Twistoid, the subs, and the PC exclusives all at the same time. Wth guys?