View Poll Results: Will you pre-order/buy Snake Mountain?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 100%.

41 49.40%
  • Maybe, I am still on the fence.

14 16.87%
  • No, I’m passing.

28 33.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you buying Classics Snake Mountain?

Are you buying Classics Snake Mountain?

With Brian Flynn of Super 7 announcing that pre-orders for this ambitious playset are going live on May 1st 2019 (and they will be open throughout the month). Have you made a definite decision on whether you’re in, or out? Or are you still on the fence?

Brian did also make the following statements:

• We’ll need to hit a minimum quota, if this isn’t met all pre-orders will be refunded
    • Snake Mountain will cost US$ 600,00 + shipping ($150,00 flat shipping rate to the US)9
    • Snake Mountain will be shipped straight from Hong Kong
    • For German buyers, SPACE will more than likely import these
    • Shipping rates not yet known but will be announced soon
    • Box dimensions: 30x30x50 (inches)
    • Shipping box dimensions: 36x36x56
    Last edited by Razzerian; May 1, 2019 at 02:41pm.

LOL...….no.

Court Magician
    I really hope that get to make this, but the price + dimensions are just a bit too much; i.e. even if I wanted to afford it, I wouldn't know where to put it

Heroic Warrior
    Passed. It is off scale compare with CG.

Doesn't the SM disassemble top and bottom and fold? The box dimension Brian mentioned is just like shipping the SM in display mode.

And the gimmick capture net is missing also?

Just dig out some memories, 2016 Matty concepts online:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEEVoUkAAvizj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEFmHUMAAtfFU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEGtpUEAAbmgb.jpg
    Last edited by rex_tech; April 30, 2019 at 06:40am.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Hell yeah! Aliens invading our world in the next few days wouldn't even compromise that choice.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

I won't be mainly due to lack of space. Cost is also a factor but second to amount of available room.

If I got rid of my toys and books, then there would be space ... but I've pretty much whittled my collection down to the things I wish to keep.

I also don't want to start taking up other parts of the home, because my toys have already taken up a lot of the storage space, and it wouldn't be fair to the rest of my family.

With the payment plan, I'm in. It was either this or Power-Con this year. And, well, there might be more Power-Cons in the future. This is the only time they are ever going to manufacture a Snake Mountain like this.

In the words of the great Randy Savage...OOOOOOOOOHH YEEEEEEAAHH!!
    GIMME TOYS!-

Absolutely. This is probably our only chance to ever get this Snake Mountain and I am in. I am so in.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Absolutely. This is probably our only chance to ever get this Snake Mountain and I am in. I am so in.
    That’s where my head is at too, I just spent a Snake Mountain’s worth on Castle Grayskull because I only started collecting Classics late last year. I don’t want to miss out on this at retail, because if this thing gets made it’ll cost a fortune on the secondary market.

Plus, it’s a mountain with a snake wrapped around it and a lava waterfall!
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

I’m so getting it! I’m also fairly new to collecting and have had to buy a lot at top dollar. Including Castle Grayskull. But I won’t miss this one. I hope everybody who wants it meets their minimum number.

100% buying it. I'd hate to miss out and then regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I’m so getting it! I’m also fairly new to collecting and have had to buy a lot at top dollar. Including Castle Grayskull. But I won’t miss this one. I hope everybody who wants it meets their minimum number.
    RIP to both our wallets then
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Yes, I'll be getting it , simply because I never had an original, and if I didn't, I'll be kicking myself when I see them for $1000+ on the aftermarket, wishing I had picked it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Yes, I'll be getting it , simply because I never had an original, and if I didn't, I'll be kicking myself when I see them for $1000+ on the aftermarket, wishing I had picked it up.

A wise choice if not a brave one.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post

LOL! So when I was talking to my misses in regards to me getting this, she asked (because I just bought a Castle Grayskull) what that retailed for, I told her 250 USD (I had paid close to 600 euros, which she is aware of). I told her that the cheapest CG I had found NEW was 990 Euros during my search. So she gathered fromt hat the value had increased quite a bit. And then I made a comment along the lines of "I don't even want to know what this thing (Snake Mountain) will be going for on the aftermarket."

She turned to me and said "maybe you should buy two." I looked at her and said "You're crazy! You know what that thing costs!?".

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I'm all in. Been waiting for years. #ClassicsForever

The thing I've noticed with MOTUC is they hold their value, especially the figures. I think in a few instances with the vehicles, they oversaturated the market, and you could pick them up cheaper than their original price, but the figures, even loose, still cost $30-$50 on the aftermarket.

I would predict that Snake Mountain would also maintain, if not, increase in value. It might not experience an instant jump in value, but after a few years, people wanting this to complete a collection, or just people who missed out would be willing to pay the extra to own something so limited.

Super7 have revealed the US shipping cost at $150,00.

International shipping yet to be determined.

Wow....almost $800 for those using the payment plan - $750 for those plopping down money up front. I am honestly shocked. I have a feeling that Super7 is going to have a hard time getting this one off the ground. Not only because it's expensive, but they've also burned too many fans/customers.

Absolutely! Massive toys are the best! The price is up there but MOTU is my favorite brand and I'll support MOTUC until it dies.

I'm not even that big of a fan of the Star Wars toy line and had it looked like the Barge was having difficulty in the dying days of reaching its numbers, I would have pre-ordered that $500 toy just to support our fellow Star Wars collectors.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I was all in until the pre-order went up...... US only.... International to be determined.

So, I probably can't get Snake Mountain. And if by some miracle they do ship overseas it now looks like postage will cost as much as SM itself.

Pretty annoyed this wasn't announced earlier. I've been saving up for a year only to be shut down on day 1 of the sale.

Wife gave me permission and I was excited but the more I look at it and the more I think about it I just can't justify it. Maybe someday I'll drop $100 on the bone throne and table. Thats what I really want out of the set anyway. So I'm out again....

I'm passing. I REALLY want it but it's just out of my price range.

Plus I have heavy reservations that S7 can actually come through in the end. IMO they haven't proven that they can deliver on an item like this. Their QC and customer service has been pretty awful since they took over the line. They sometimes make Mattel look good IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by rex_tech View Post
    Passed. It is off scale compare with CG.

Doesn't the SM disassemble top and bottom and fold? The box dimension Brian mentioned is just like shipping the SM in display mode.

And the gimmick capture net is missing also?

Just dig out some memories, 2016 Matty concepts online:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEEVoUkAAvizj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEFmHUMAAtfFU.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnXEGtpUEAAbmgb.jpg
    makes much more sense now...

"Snake Mountain will come packaged in a deluxe art box (measuring approximately 25" x 25" x 28"). For delivery this will be wrapped in protective paper and protected with inner foam corners and shipped in a larger plain (no logos) protective outer shipping box."

https://preorder.super7store.com/col...untain-playset