Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whiplash ('Clash of Arms' Repaint) for MOTU Classics Thread

Heroic Warrior

Whiplash ('Clash of Arms' Repaint) for MOTU Classics Thread

This would be a great refresh for one of the harder to get Evil Warriors! Maybe for the Ultimates line or as a Powercon exclusive...?

What are everyone's thoughts on this version of Whiplash in Classics?

Apologies if this thread has already been started, but I could not find this variant of Whiplash in the index.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    This would be a great refresh for one of the harder to get Evil Warriors! Maybe for the Ultimates line or as a Powercon exclusive...?

What are everyone's thoughts on this version of Whiplash in Classics?

Apologies if this thread has already been started, but I could not find this variant of Whiplash in the index.
    Let me help you out with a pic. I'd be down for sure. I need whiplash and really don't want to pay second hand prices for him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Whiplash is one of my favorite characters and I would definitely buy this variant for sure.
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Let me help you out with a pic. I'd be down for sure. I need whiplash and really don't want to pay second hand prices for him.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a2855e291f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that! I couldn't upload a pic at the time!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I finally broke down and bought a Whiplash after years of resisting the high prices (although the fellow forum member was far from unreasonable).

Still, I'd love to see Whiplash re-released in some form.

I'd be somewhat shocked if the next four Ultimates (assuming we get any more) didn't include Whiplash and Fisto.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy this variant. The minicomic was my favourite of the post-Series 1&2 minicomics.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

In my mind, this guy is the exemplar for "not every color variation is a viable figure".

I really enjoy this color scheme of Whiplash, and think he'd make a great Power Con Exclusive!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I would buy it, but it is kinda goofy looking- capri pants Whiplash!
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

I'd buy it for sure. The original Classics one is one of the few figures I don't own now and I just can't justify the secondary market price, so I'd be more than happy with this variant
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...He would be pretty nifty, but he'd need a whole new head-sculpt, along with a longer, multi-articulated tail, to be viable!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler View Post
    I would buy it, but it is kinda goofy looking- capri pants Whiplash!
    Hah!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...He would be pretty nifty, but he'd need a whole new head-sculpt, along with a longer, multi-articulated tail, to be viable!
    Cool ideas!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    In my mind, this guy is the exemplar for "not every color variation is a viable figure".
    I can see how his color scheme isn't for everyone.

I would buy it, the original is one of the best figs of the entire MOTUC line imho.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

John Cena doesn't suck Andy Adams's Avatar
    I'm very interested in an official mini comic variant of whiplash, also including mini comic fisto would be a welcomed bonus.

It's not falling down that defines character, everyone falls down....it's how you get back up.

Heroic Warrior
    Need it. Still hoping to someday see a cardback/mincomics Clawful. Love the brown stripes!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    Need it. Still hoping to someday see a cardback/mincomics Clawful. Love the brown stripes!
    I'd buy it!

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Nice idea! This repaint hadn't occurred to me, but I would love it if it were a thing!
    "..."

Heroic Warrior Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    This was one of my favorite mini-comics so I'd love this version. I'd also like a new, better articulated tail to go with any Whiplash version down the road. I'd pay extra for a tail with additional, segmented articulation.
    Motu short short stories.

Motu Mini-comic

Public service announcement: Use of the term muppet head to describe any vintage head is not an insult, because muppets are awesome, and you're wrong. We now return you to your regularly scheduled something something.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Shame he wasn't included in the Power Con exclusives poll coz
    that's where he belongs without any doubt.

Great potential for attracting visitors to the con whether in terms
    of aesthetic or even rarity.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Heroic Warrior
    There seems to be a bit of interest in this repaint in the Power-Con 2019 thread atm!

It'd be neat-O if he was a new character.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I’d like this one a lot!!
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    It'd be neat-O if he was a new character.
    I agree. I've called him Arena Combat Whiplash on my Most Wanted page, but I'm sure someone could come up with a better name for a new character.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

What if Power-Con offered a "Clash Of Arms" Two-Pack, with this repainted Whiplash in "vs. style" packaging with Fisto?

They could package a slightly repainted reissue of Fisto with an actual turd and I'd buy it just to get the figure at a semi-decent price. I actually want this repaint of Whiplash, so the pair of them would be amazing to get!