Page 43 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2829

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I think some slack and consideration needs to be given for the time when the original She-Ra was made. Filmation was basically an animation factory. They churned out 130 episodes of He-Man and 93 episodes of She-Ra in the span of 4 years. For an average show these days that runs 22 episodes a season, that takes over 10 years to accomplish. So of course when you are churning out episode after episode with several writers acting independently, you are going to have some continuity gaps.

Additionally, continuity in general was not a terribly important thing to most TV shows in the 1980s, live action or animated. Soaps were really the only shows trying to keep ongoing stories at the time. Despite all that, I think the Filmation staff still did a decent job at keeping characters fairly consistent. Not perfect of course, but it could have been much worse.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    And to add as i said before, i am sure the ones involved (production, writers, animators, etc) never crossed their mind that their work on a kids cartoon will still be talked about, reviewed and discussed heavily after more than 3 decades. If they knew that, maybe they will be more meticulous and careful in their storytelling.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Glimmer was very capable in the original version. She could vanish and disappear like light, she could use light as beams or turn it into a bubble which could transport numerous people and later on she could even fly with out wings while using light beams.
    The problem was the writers ignored her powers from time to time or simply forgot. She was powerful but the writing wasn´t.
    Oh I get that she had a formidable power set, I was talking more about competency in general. It would be cool if she was actualy made a competent leader of the rebellion in the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    And to add as i said before, i am sure the ones involved (production, writers, animators, etc) never crossed their mind that their work on a kids cartoon will still be talked about, reviewed and discussed heavily after more than 3 decades. If they knew that, maybe they will be more meticulous and careful in their storytelling.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! It was inconceivable back in the 80s that adults would still be so infatuated with their childhood cartoons/toys/video games, etc. All of this stuff was disposable to those making it at the time.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Glimmer was very capable in the original version. She could vanish and disappear like light, she could use light as beams or turn it into a bubble which could transport numerous people and later on she could even fly with out wings while using light beams.
    The problem was the writers ignored her powers from time to time or simply forgot. She was powerful but the writing wasn´t.
    Ain't that the truth!? In the episode Micah of Bright Moon, Glimmer has that scene where she falls down the side of a cliff, catching a hold of a tree branch to stop herself, forgets she is able to fly/levitate, which would get her out of her spot of bother no worries, yet yells for She-Ra, but not only that, she forgets that she is able to glow as bright as the sun and has to use a crystal to reflect the light to signal She-Ra flying around looking for Glimmer! What is a point of a series bible if you're going to completely ignore it and just make things seem really really dumb!? So as long as this new cast of characters do a little more than fill the screen, that'll be awesome..... still concerned about the all singing, all dancing Swift-Wind though!

Voice Director Mary E. McGlynn holding up She-Ra's sword.

maryemcglynnsherasword.jpg

https://twitter.com/collectsideshow/...45805837500417

Noelle Stevenson got a She-Ra statue, too!

sideshow1.jpg

sideshow2.jpg

https://twitter.com/Gingerhazing/sta...91359570411520

EDIT

Lauren Ash has a new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power-related Instastory up.

"It's all glamour at my @dreamworksshera record today. Wearing pjs to work for real."

https://bit.ly/2Mq5Hod
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 13, 2018 at 05:57pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Great seeing MOTUC Huntara figure on Noelle's shelf. Next to Captain Phasma and Nebula merch.

35238002_10212246302978901_6705334944316522496_n.jpg
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

howwedothispodcast.jpg

Join Krystal Joy Brown (NETOSSA) and co-host Kristen McGuiness for a special PRIDE episode of "How We Do This" podcast. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Showrunner Noelle Stevenson is one of the guests on the June 13th "How Do We Tell Our Stories?" episode. While Noelle is still unable to discuss the She-Ra reboot storylines due to non-disclosure agreements, a myriad of topics related to She-Ra are covered and interesting information related to the series is dropped in this episode. I encourage you to listen to the full episode, but have provided a couple of timestamps below if you're too busy for that. Link and official description below. (*Some adult content.)

22:14 - 37:45

41:57

51:19 - 59:12

https://apple.co/2y7S2iQ

Alternate link in case anyone is having trouble downloading.

https://player.fm/series/how-we-do-t...john-griffiths

"On this week's special episode in honor of PRIDE, we welcome our first guest co-host, famed TV critic John Griffiths, as we interview author, graphic novelist, cartoonist, TV writer and creator of the "She-Ra" reboot, Noelle Stevenson! We discuss the changing landscape of TV, film, and who gets to tell their stories today. From the TONYs to "Pose" to "She-Ra" herself, we talk about how LGBTQ stories are being told and moving from the fringes to the mainstream. We also laugh... a lot."
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 14, 2018 at 09:35am.

What is up with treating details of this new She-Ra cartoon like they are nuclear codes?

Supposedly the premiere of the show is less than two months away, so why is that STILL no one can give the smallest iota of a detail about the show in any way?

I sure hope they are going to show a trailer or something at SDCC, because this NDA stuff is starting to really annoy me.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    What is up with treating details of this new She-Ra cartoon like they are nuclear codes?

Supposedly the premiere of the show is less than two months away, so why is that STILL no one can give the smallest iota of a detail about the show in any way?

I sure hope they are going to show a trailer or something at SDCC, because this NDA stuff is starting to really annoy me.
    It really does seem excessive, but just a month and a half to go! 46 days? Like Lent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

It seems to be the new normal for a lot of shows trying to use secrecy to build up hype. Netflix does this a lot. We are lucky we got as much as we did honestly - I remember checking an upcoming show recently, and they had absolutely no mention of the show on Netflix until the show dropped and they had the entire season available.

Obviously, I would LOVE to see something soon - a trailer would be awesome - but knowing Netflix, I wouldn't be surprised if we see absolutely nothing new until the premiere.

Just listened to the How We Do This podcast. Brilliant! I’m really hyped for this show.
    I’d like to hear a follow up after the NDA is lifted but I noticed Bow, Madame Razz and Loo-Kee all got mentioned.
    Thanks for all the info and work your putting into this thread Tallstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Just listened to the How We Do This podcast. Brilliant! I’m really hyped for this show.
    I’d like to hear a follow up after the NDA is lifted but I noticed Bow, Madame Razz and Loo-Kee all got mentioned.
    Thanks for all the info and work your putting into this thread Tallstar.
    <3

More news...

sunna.jpg

It's confirmed that Emmy-nominated Sunna Wehrmeijer is scoring the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power series. Head over over to her website to listen to some examples of her work on other projects.

https://bit.ly/2JUF9gK

- - - Updated - - -

amandacelinemiller.jpg

SPECULATION POST:

Could Amanda Celine Miller be an unannounced voice actor on the upcoming DreamWorks/Netflix reboot of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power? https://imdb.to/2M6p4Sy

- Amanda and showrunner Noelle Stevenson are following each other on Twitter.

- Amanda recently followed Merit Leighton (FROSTA) on Twitter.

- Amanda is following Vella Lovell (MERMISTA) on Twitter.

- Amanda "liked" the tweets below:
    https://bit.ly/2taIHBU
    https://bit.ly/2I5vmiN

- Amanda mentions a voice acting project in this interview. She says she can't talk about it. (15:34 mark)
    https://bit.ly/2K0YlWV
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 19, 2018 at 08:41pm.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Alright, Nancy Drew.

The hosts over at She-Ra: Progressive of Power podcast recently got some information from a staff writer which ties into an earlier He-Man.org news update ( https://bit.ly/2Ma6XLh ) from January 14th, 2018 regarding diversified body types in the series. This is what Character Designer Rachel Geiger had to say at the time:

@TheRealZentron: What did you try to avoid when designing?
    @gullshriek: with regard to inspiration or in general?
    @TheRealZentron: Hmm, in general!
    @gullshriek: I'd say samey-looking characters. I didn't want them to blend into each other and have just their outfit colors and hairstyles be the biggest differences. Distinct characters are way more fun and interesting

This is the more recent update via She-ra: Progressive of Power's Facebook page:

This writer tells us the Netflix reboot will do an "A+ job on diversifying body types. As a woman with broad shoulders and big ol' hips, I'm going to have a whole BUNCH of options for cosplay. Can't wait for people like you to see the artwork someday!"

--------------------

latestgullshriek1.jpg

https://twitter.com/gullshriek/statu...87170755559424

Tallstar, thank you so much for all the hard work you do on this thread.

Good to see an update to my question! Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so when the character designs finally get revealed, will we all be screaming with joy... or just screaming!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Good to see an update to my question! Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so when the character designs finally get revealed, will we all be screaming with joy... or just screaming!?
    A bit of both, probably.

It will be interesting to see how well any released action figures/dolls sell.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It will be interesting to see how well any released action figures/dolls sell.
    I'll be buying some! Although it seems to take a LONG time for toys for Netflix cartoons to be made and released. Hopefully that has changed with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

If they do have a range of body types, then that will require additional up-front investment from the toy manufacturer since they'll need to make multiple moulds for the dolls. And they won't be able to easily re-use parts (e.g. shins, thighs, forearms, etc) for the action figures either.

The good thing is the She-Ra series won't depend of how the toyline will works ,as 200x or tcats 2011.
    I thinks Mattel is not involved on this project at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'll be buying some! Although it seems to take a LONG time for toys for Netflix cartoons to be made and released. Hopefully that has changed with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.

If they do have a range of body types, then that will require additional up-front investment from the toy manufacturer since they'll need to make multiple moulds for the dolls. And they won't be able to easily re-use parts (e.g. shins, thighs, forearms, etc) for the action figures either.
    Mattel has made some bad decisions before, but SURELY they won't be so dumb as to not produce merchandise for the new She-Ra. If the show clicks with young audiences, this could be the big break that the Princess of Power/She-Ra franchise has always deserved. I know it had its moment in the 80s, but that was in the shadow of He-Man, and lasted only a fraction of the time that MOTU did.

I don't know. Unfortunately, Mattel have proven time and time again that they are that dumb. Lets hope this times different.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    The good thing is the She-Ra series won't depend of how the toyline will works ,as 200x or tcats 2011.
    I thinks Mattel is not involved on this project at all.
    I think the same. Netflix´s Voltron & Troll Hunters have quite some seasons indepently from any action figures or toys. I actually think that Playmates pick up Voltron's license after the show succeeded
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

It might be an idea for Mattel to re-release the SDCC Doll again just to dip their toe in so to speak.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I would expect toys more like DC Superhero Girls.