Page 27 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

The opening post on the first page has been updated with all the latest updated information.

I'm not sure what's going on, but for some reason Lane Garrison (Visual Development Artist) isn't appearing between Ahmed Gamal and Samantha Kallis in the "w/additional details" section. When I go to Edit, the information is all there, however, it refuses to appear on the list when I hit save.

EDIT

https://twitter.com/jenbendraws/stat...64151387078656

- - - Updated - - -

This interview with Visual Development Artist Ahmed Gamal was from November, 2017 but just posted a few days ago. So, this was before She-Ra was announced.

Getting picked for the DreamWorks Training Program
    19:29 - 20:58

About the 12 Week DreamWorks Training Program for Visual Development Artists & Working on 2 Productions
    23:43 -33:36

Alludes to getting the job on She-Ra
    33:48 - 35:00

Moving from New York to California & first day at DreamWorks
    37:20 - 40:02

- - - Updated - - -

Posted by Background Painter Katy Farina.

katyswiftwind.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

New crew member to be added to the list...

Hunilla Fodor (Animation Timing Director)

https://twitter.com/hunilla?lang=en
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3105022/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Hi Everyone,
    Long time no post. I've been keeping expectations neutral on this tbh. Thanks to Tallstar and his updates. Anyhow one question any details on the voice cast for this yet?
    Thanks
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Long time no post. I've been keeping expectations neutral on this tbh. Thanks to Tallstar and his updates. Anyhow one question any details on the voice cast for this yet?
    Thanks
    Nothing has been confirmed, although it is known that Merit Leighton auditioned for a role. I suspect Will Friedle and some others based on who the showrunner Noelle Stevenson is following on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Posted by Background Painter Katy Farina.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1520161943
    I not sure when she was born, but I'd suspect around 1987 give or take a couple years based on when she graduated college, so I doubt she was around during the first run. She still might be one of the more older people working on the show.

Take this with a grain of salt, but actor/singer/DWTS winner Jordan Fisher is following Mary E. McGlynn and Noelle Stevenson one after the next on Twitter. Apparently he's also a big fan of anime. I'm thinking possible voice actor on She-Ra.

Tenuous connection?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3332894/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Well, Netflix has given us two glorious trailers for the exceptional looking "Lost in Space" reboot. Does any know, or suspect how much longer we have to wait before Netflix gives us a trailer for this She-Re reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaCrux View Post
    Well, Netflix has given us two glorious trailers for the exceptional looking "Lost in Space" reboot. Does any know, or suspect how much longer we have to wait before Netflix gives us a trailer for this She-Re reboot?
    We haven't really seen or heard anything for ages.
    Would love a trailer

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Xena & She-Ra Rule

It's hard to even guess because DreamWorks/Netflix doesn't always take the same approach. With something like "Spirit Riding Free", for example, I think the trailer dropped less than 3 weeks before it was to make its debut on Neflix. On the flip side of the spectrum, some shows had one up months before the debut. Sooooo, we could potentially be deep into the Fall season before we see a She-Ra trailer or possibly get it earlier, like maybe some time during the Summer.

I'm hoping there will be a panel at one of the conventions earlier than Fall to, at the very least, reveal the voice cast, release date, some imagery etc. for She-Ra.

Is it at all realistic to hope for something at WonderCon?
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 13, 2018 at 01:16pm.

I think maybe at Comic Con.

It's hard to even guess because DreamWorks/Netflix doesn't always take the same approach. With something like "Spirit Riding Free", for example, I think the trailer dropped less than 3 weeks before it was to make its debut on Neflix. On the flip side of the spectrum, some shows had one up months before the debut. Sooooo, we could potentially be deep into the Fall season before we see a She-Ra trailer or possibly get it earlier, like maybe some time during the Summer.

I'm hoping there will be a panel at one of the conventions earlier than Fall to, at the very least, reveal the voice cast, release date, some imagery etc. for She-Ra.

You're most certainly correct about Netflix's trailer trends. The second season of Castlevania is supposed to begin airing this summer, yet we're in March without a teaser trailer or even a poster for the second season. I'm almost positive that we'll get a promotional poster this spring for She-Ra from DreamWorks x Netflix. The teaser trailer will more than likely premier at SDCC 2018 in July. I can't imagine Netflix promoting She-Ra at WonderCon, although they'll probably tease Umbrella Academy there.

You're most certainly correct about Netflix's trailer trends. The second season of Castlevania is supposed to begin airing this summer, yet we're in March without a teaser trailer or even a poster for the second season. I'm almost positive that we'll get a promotional poster this spring for She-Ra from DreamWorks x Netflix. The teaser trailer will more than likely premier at SDCC 2018 in July. I can't imagine Netflix promoting She-Ra at WonderCon, although they'll probably tease Umbrella Academy there.
    As a huge fan of the Castlevania brand, I was really underwhelmed by the advertisement campaign for the Netflix show... and the fact that it was a debut season of only FOUR episodes?!?

I certainly hope that She-Ra gets more prominence before and during the initial season airing... it helps to build excitement for the brand outside of the die-hards and nostalgia junkies.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    As a huge fan of the Castlevania brand, I was really underwhelmed by the advertisement campaign for the Netflix show... and the fact that it was a debut season of only FOUR episodes?!?

I certainly hope that She-Ra gets more prominence before and during the initial season airing... it helps to build excitement for the brand outside of the die-hards and nostalgia junkies.
    Yeah, it was a shame that Castlevania only got 4 episodes. I love the story though and I think there will be more episodes for season 2. Also, I have been catching up with Voltron and I like the changes/updates the show has done, while (IMHO) still retaining the spirit of the original show. If She-Ra can replicate Voltron's model and keep the spirit and also do updates/changes for today's audience, I think it will do quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Yeah, it was a shame that Castlevania only got 4 episodes. I love the story though and I think there will be more episodes for season 2. Also, I have been catching up with Voltron and I like the changes/updates the show has done, while (IMHO) still retaining the spirit of the original show. If She-Ra can replicate Voltron's model and keep the spirit and also do updates/changes for today's audience, I think it will do quite well.
    Agree 100%!

Castlevania season 2 will have eight episodes this time around... better, but I would have liked more.

As for Voltron, I haven't been as captivated by a series like this in a long time. Just about everything they've done in the series has been absolutely fantastic! I just wish that these last two seasons weren't so short!! (I'm dying to find out what the whole Shiro angle is going to be!)

I think Trollhunters is brilliant.

I just wish that these last two seasons weren't so short!! (I'm dying to find out what the whole Shiro angle is going to be!)
    Yep the seasons are short, but the breaks are also shorter so we still get a decent amount of episodes a year. I actually like it, because while we get less episodes in one batch the wait is also shorter.

I couldn't agree more on the subject of Castlevania. Once I realized that the fourth episode was the last, I was immediately grieved in my spirit that I binged watched it like that. I'm grateful that season 2 will be extended by four more episodes lol. The really exciting thing about Netflix's Castlevania is the synergy that it has created between the fanbase, the Nintendo Switch and Konami. I've read different reports online that a new Castlevania video game is currently being seriously talked about at Konami. Hopefully, it get's put into production.

I also agree with all of you on Voltron, the show is exceptionally excellent. Shiro is one of the best character's in the show. They haven't missed a beat with it. I'm almost positive that they're going to shoot for cosmic levels of excellence with She-Ra because the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe franchise is something that you don't want to go into half-heartedly. The MOTU saga is loved by many people, if they get this show right then it will really breathe new life into the brand. After watching the gloriously underrated and under-appreciated "King Arthur and the Legend of the Sword", it would be my hope that if the She-Ra show is successful, that maybe Sony will give Guy Ritchie the reins of development on the Masters of the Universe movie.

@Krueger I have only seen the first episode of Trollhunters and it was very impressive. I need to catch up on it.

Then there was the first trailer for Cloverfield Paradox which said, "Now on Netflix!"

Hoping to see something soon...I'm so excited for it!

Maybe this has been answered or asked elsewhere, but do we know yet what kind of animation we're looking at? Will it be 2D, 3D? A mix? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Yep the seasons are short, but the breaks are also shorter so we still get a decent amount of episodes a year. I actually like it, because while we get less episodes in one batch the wait is also shorter.
    Yeah, you make excellent points... plus, this method helps to control the binge-watching! LOL

I couldn't agree more on the subject of Castlevania. Once I realized that the fourth episode was the last, I was immediately grieved in my spirit that I binged watched it like that. I'm grateful that season 2 will be extended by four more episodes lol. The really exciting thing about Netflix's Castlevania is the synergy that it has created between the fanbase, the Nintendo Switch and Konami. I've read different reports online that a new Castlevania video game is currently being seriously talked about at Konami. Hopefully, it get's put into production.
    Yes, in another forum I posted some news from Konami that basically says they would consider revisiting the Castlevania franchise if the Netflix show stirs up enough interest.

It's been too long since I've played a worthy CV title... (CV: LoS 2 was just awful) I need my fix!!

I also wouldn't mind if NECA or Funko jumped on some Netflix Castlevania figures...

I apologize for the thread derailment...

Yeah, you make excellent points... plus, this method helps to control the binge-watching! LOL

Yes, in another forum I posted some news from Konami that basically says they would consider revisiting the Castlevania franchise if the Netflix show stirs up enough interest.

It's been too long since I've played a worthy CV title... (CV: LoS 2 was just awful) I need my fix!!

I also wouldn't mind if NECA or Funko jumped on some Netflix Castlevania figures...

I apologize for the thread derailment...
    Speaking of Funko. Here is a link to some new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Funko products!
    https://nerdist.com/masters-of-the-u...keletor-funko/

Credit to Streamside.

Tim Seeley guest appears on the Season 2 premiere of "She-Ra, Progressive of Power" podcast. He talks about how he and his brother got contacted by DreamWorks to write a Property Bible / Research Bible for the upcoming Netflix series. He also reveals some more behind-the-scenes stuff.

Starts at 13:06

Click here to check it out!

33:50 is the start of some interesting speculation on Netflix She-Ra toys.
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 16, 2018 at 03:10pm.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Credit to Streamside.

Tim Seeley guest appears on the Season 2 premiere of "She-Ra, Progressive of Power" podcast. He talks about how he and his brother got contacted by DreamWorks to write a Property Bible / Research Bible for the upcoming Netflix series. He also reveals some more behind-the-scenes stuff.

Starts at 13:06

Click here to check it out!

33:50 is the start of some interesting speculation on Netflix She-Ra toys.
    WOW! This is the best news I've read so far for this series!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

There seems to be some confusion on Facebook, so I thought it might be a good idea to summarize some of the key things that were said on the podcast regarding Netflix She-Ra.

• After writing "The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" book Tim Seeley and his brother Steve were contacted by DreamWorks to write a Property Bible for the Netflix She-Ra series.
    • A Property Bible is not the same thing as a Series Bible. (Noelle Stevenson wrote the Series Bible) This is basically background research about the property (character motivations, origins etc.) to be used by the new/incoming team as a jumping off point for the new series. Tim and his brother watched all of the FILMation episodes, read the mini-comics, read the storybooks and then distilled what the property was about for the new team. Tim pulled a lot from the mini-comics, but mostly from the FILMation series.
    • When they were contacted, DreamWorks said the new series couldn't be tied to He-Man specifically; They could use He-Man, Hordak and some other stuff for the new series but not much more. Later it was discovered they could use all of The Horde members.
    • Netflix She-Ra toys speculation: The hosts and guests are in agreement that there will probably be toys and they will be done in various formats that many of the old fans may not be used to.
    • Tim says that Noelle Stevenson is a great choice for showrunner, as he thinks that she has what it takes to make She-Ra into something that it never was before, something that will appeal to a new generation of kids. He would have gone in another direction, but believes that the series has to be something different than what it was before.

Heroic Warrior
    There seems to be some confusion on Facebook, so I thought it might be a good idea to summarize some of the key things that were said on the podcast regarding Netflix She-Ra.

• After writing "The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" book Tim Seeley and his brother Steve were contacted by DreamWorks to write a Property Bible for the Netflix She-Ra series.
    • A Property Bible is not the same thing as a Series Bible. (Noelle Stevenson wrote the Series Bible) This is basically background research about the property (character motivations, origins etc.) to be used by the new/incoming team as a jumping off point for the new series. Tim and his brother watched all of the FILMation episodes, read the mini-comics, read the storybooks and then distilled what the property was about for the new team. Tim pulled a lot from the mini-comics, but mostly from the FILMation series.
    • When they were contacted, DreamWorks said the new series couldn't be tied to He-Man specifically; They could use He-Man, Hordak and some other stuff for the new series but not much more. Later it was discovered they could use all of The Horde members.
    • Netflix She-Ra toys speculation: The hosts and guests are in agreement that there will probably be toys and they will be done in various formats that many of the old fans may not be used to.
    • Tim says that Noelle Stevenson is a great choice for showrunner, as he thinks that she has what it takes to make She-Ra into something that it never was before, something that will appeal to a new generation of kids. He would have gone in another direction, but believes that the series has to be something different than what it was before.
    Very cool. I like what I hear. Thanks for the summary!

@Tallstar, really interesting, thanks for that update.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Widget
    "DreamWorks said the new series couldn't be tied to He-Man specifically; They could use He-Man"

Trying to understand what we think this means. My son has been watching She-Ra the past few days because well and He-Man has been in just about every episode so far. Seems to be almost 50/50 screen time between the two. I don't know how the story develops, but the fact that they are Brother & Sister be it from different worlds, they seem to find ways to get to each other.