Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199
Results 4,951 to 4,969 of 4969

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

Sad to hear that its ONLY 52 episodes......BUT, with that said. SUPER glad that they are going to finish the series and not leave it hanging (like the thunder cats reboot a few years back) Just wish there was more stuff around the show IE: Toys, hype, ads etc etc.

I'm guessing toys will hit retail in the spring or summer. If 13 episodes are released every 6 months, it would take the show into 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    There are a few like Voltron that last 78 episodes, but as I have said in the past, 52 is a fairly standard episode order for a DreamWorks cartoon on Netflix.
    I feel like so much of Voltron is filler and the story moves like molasses, so I'm 1) psyched we're even getting 52 produced- that's more than Mike Young 2002 MOTU got! and 2) they're keeping it tight and actually have a finale to the show (which we NEVER got from Filmation or Mike Young).

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I feel like so much of Voltron is filler and the story moves like molasses, so I'm 1) psyched we're even getting 52 produced- that's more than Mike Young 2002 MOTU got! and 2) they're keeping it tight and actually have a finale to the show (which we NEVER got from Filmation or Mike Young).
    No finale wasn't really their fault. Mike Young got the rug pulled out from under him and it's likely Filmation didn't want to have an episode that would make no sense when the series got chopped up for syndication, which was the style at the time.

I'm kinda ambivalent on so-called filler episodes. The same comments were lodged at the Thundercats reboot but a lot of the episodes that get cited, while not moving the overall story along, did help flesh out the world better and a few were, going by the notes released later, meant to set up for future events. Granted poorly done filler can be grating, especially when you know it will have no impact on the main plot, but it can be fun to see the characters, especially ones that normally get no spotlight, get a chance to do something else. Say what you will about the unfortunate decision to put it in during the Battle City finals, but I still like the Virtual World arc from Yugioh.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    It’s kind of weird to hear about a finale after one season airing. I was excited to see the ball rolling again on a POP property. It kind of lets the air out of the whole project for me.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    This birthday list was realized by twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv6vlcbWoAECx8P.jpg:large

ItÂīs not correct since we know the twins are born on the 25th of December.
    First of all, where did you get that Christmas-day birthday date from?

OTOH, this is all pretty absurd: These characters don't live or were born on Earth, so whatever date they were born on, it was definitely not an Earthly calendar date. The probability (a) that planet Etheria's rotation around its sun features exactly the same quirky characteristics as those of Earth around our Sun, and (b) that people on Etheria have developed a calendar custom with exactly the same quirks as those of the Western calendar currently culturally dominant on Earth, are about as microscopic as a String Theory's string, and both vanishingly, almost non-existent possibilities would need to have occurred together in NuPoP's MotUverse for any Western calendar date to even begin to make any trace of sense when talking about Etheria people's birthdays.(*)

(*) And that's leaving aside all of the theory of relativity stuff: Even if we admitted the one-in-a-meameamealokkapoowa-oompa chance that both planets shared their exact orbital characteristics with respect to their parent star plus that also their dominant cultures shared the exact same kind of notions about the organization of their calendar cycles (**), there's still the fact that one would be unable to map the time coordinates of time on Earth with those of a distant planet hundreds, thousands, or maybe even millions of light-years away, because the very fabric of spacetime dictates that simultaneity of events is relative and there's no way to tell whether two events separated by space (and not within the light cone of causality of one another, because, if they were, they definitely wouldn't have been simultaneous under any frame of reference) happened at "the same" time, except from the point of view of a certain observer in a certain frame of reference, while for another observer in another frame of reference those same two events would look to have happened one after the other in a certain sequence, and for yet another observer in yet another frame of reference they would look to have happened in the reverse order.

(**) Which the very fact that Etheria features several moons in its sky, rather than just "the moon", almost certainly precludes, because that means their notions about months and weeks could not have been shaped by the cycles of that one moon appearing/disappearing, changing apparent shape, and moving around their sky. Ever noticed the similarity between the words "moon" and "month"? Well, rest assured that similarity is not in the least casual or coincidental. As neither was the 7-day week (that "coincidentally" is the closest integer number of days corresponding to one of the four monthly moon phases). Many of the differences between our Earthly calendars have to do with trying to make the moon cycles (i.e., the months) "play nice" with the sun cycles (i.e., the years), because naturally they are "misalligned" (which is why in our current, solar-based rather than lunar-based, Western calendar the moon cycles no longer coincide with the months, whereas in the lunar-based Islamic calendar it's the sun cycles that do not coincide with their years and that's why the month of Ramadan keeps cycling around our Western-calendar year, whereas in a lunisolar calendar like the Hebrew they insert "leap months" in order to make both cycles "synchronize", which is the reason why the dates of Easter keep dancing forward and backward in our Western calendar while the related Passover has a fixed date in the Hebrew calendar).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 13, 2019 at 06:02pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post

OTOH, this is all pretty absurd: These characters don't live or were born on Earth, so whatever date they were born on, it was definitely not an Earthly calendar date. The probability (a) that planet Etheria's rotation around its sun features exactly the same quirky characteristics as those of Earth around our Sun, and (b) that people on Etheria have developed a calendar custom with exactly the same quirks as those of the Western calendar currently culturally dominant on Earth, are about as microscopic as a String Theory's string, and both vanishingly, almost non-existent possibilities would need to have occurred together in NuPoP's MotUverse for any Western calendar date to even begin to make any trace of sense when talking about Etheria people's birthdays.(*)

(*) And that's leaving aside all of the theory of relativity stuff: Even if we admitted the one-in-a-meameamealokkapoowa-oompa chance that both planets shared their exact orbital characteristics with respect to their parent star plus that also their dominant cultures shared the exact same kind of notions about the organization of their calendar cycles (**), there's still the fact that one would be unable to map the time coordinates of time on Earth with those of a distant planet hundreds, thousands, or maybe even millions of light-years away, because the very fabric of spacetime dictates that simultaneity of events is relative and there's no way to tell whether two events separated by space (and not within the light cone of causality of one another, because, if they were, they definitely wouldn't have been simultaneous under any frame of reference) happened at "the same" time, except from the point of view of a certain observer in a certain frame of reference, while for another observer in another frame of reference those same two events would look to have happened one after the other in a certain sequence, and for yet another observer in yet another frame of reference they would look to have happened in the reverse order.

(**) Which the very fact that Etheria features several moons in its sky, rather than just "the moon", almost certainly precludes, because that means their notions about months and weeks could not have been shaped by the cycles of that one moon appearing/disappearing, changing apparent shape, and moving around their sky. Ever noticed the similarity between the words "moon" and "month"? Well, rest assured that similarity is not in the least casual or coincidental. As neither was the 7-day week (that "coincidentally" is the closest integer number of days corresponding to one of the four monthly moon phases). Many of the differences between our Earthly calendars have to do with trying to make the moon cycles (i.e., the months) "play nice" with the sun cycles (i.e., the years), because naturally they are "misalligned" (which is why in our current, solar-based rather than lunar-based, Western calendar the moon cycles no longer coincide with the months, whereas in the lunar-based Islamic calendar it's the sun cycles that do not coincide with their years and that's why the month of Ramadan keeps cycling around our Western-calendar year, whereas in a lunisolar calendar like the Hebrew they insert "leap months" in order to make both cycles "synchronize", which is the reason why the dates of Easter keep dancing forward and backward in our Western calendar while the related Passover has a fixed date in the Hebrew calendar).
    Ruby from RWBY has October 31st as her birthday, it wasn't a problem there, I don't see why it would be a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Sad to hear that its ONLY 52 episodes......BUT, with that said. SUPER glad that they are going to finish the series and not leave it hanging (like the thunder cats reboot a few years back) Just wish there was more stuff around the show IE: Toys, hype, ads etc etc.
    I hope eventually there will be more than 52 episodes, but I will be happy that there will be more than the initial 13, there's a lot of stories and characterisations to be explored yet.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I hope eventually there will be more than 52 episodes, but I will be happy that there will be more than the initial 13, there's a lot of stories and characterisations to be explored yet.
    I agree with you in theory, but experience has taught me it's not always for the best to push even a good show past it's natural ending. If they've already got the series finale planned and worked on, going beyond that might lead to a sharp decline in quality.

Better, I think, to hope for a sequel series.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I agree with you in theory, but experience has taught me it's not always for the best to push even a good show past it's natural ending. If they've already got the series finale planned and worked on, going beyond that might lead to a sharp decline in quality.

Yeah, I kinda would've preferred 5 seasons (i.e., 65 episodes, the equivalent of one Filmation season), but I guess I'm OK with "just" 4 seasons. We definitely need a spin-off He-Man series and, at least, a prequel series (a prequel to both, where everything about Preternia and Pretheria, the Ancients and the First Ones, their origins and connections, is told). Ideally, a sequel series (again, a sequel to both the She-Ra and the spin-off He-Man series) would round off the MotUverse story, telling what happens after the Horde is ousted from Etheria and Skeletor from Eternia, incorporating elements from New Adventures, Son of He-Man, and the MotUC and Nu52 canons.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Yeah, I kinda would've preferred 5 seasons (i.e., 65 episodes, the equivalent of one Filmation season), but I guess I'm OK with "just" 4 seasons. We definitely need a spin-off He-Man series and, at least, a prequel series (a prequel to both, where everything about Preternia and Pretheria, the Ancients and the First Ones, their origins and connections, is told). Ideally, a sequel series (again, a sequel to both the She-Ra and the spin-off He-Man series) would round off the MotUverse story, telling what happens after the Horde is ousted from Etheria and Skeletor from Eternia, incorporating elements from New Adventures, Son of He-Man, and the MotUC and Nu52 canons.
    Is Skeletor every really "gone" from Eternia? It always seems like ol' Bonehead has some way of coming back.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

It's not real. It's a cartoon made by earthlings on planet earth, hence things like tuxedos turning up in the series.
    I'd be very surprised if the showrunners have considered how time passes in alternate universes etc...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Melissa Fumero reveals that she voiced a character in Season 2 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power..

Geek Vibes Interview with ‘Brooklyn 99’ Star Melissa Fumero

https://gvnation.com/geek-vibes-inte...elissa-fumero/

Juwaan: Any upcoming projects or events you’d like to share with us?

Melissa: I voice a character in the next season of Elena of Avalor for Disney, she’s a badass and it was so much fun to do! I’m also in an episode of Netflix’s She-Ra in season 2. And I’m in the first episode of Season 3 of One Day at a Time. I play Gloria Estefan’s daughter in it, which was very very surreal for me… between that and Rita Moreno there, I’m shocked I was able to say any of my lines. I have so much love for that show and it’s cast and crew, it was such a honor to guest star on it.
    - - - Updated - - -

--------------------

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

Today is DreamWorks Adora's birthday!

https://www.facebook.com/SheRaAndThePrincessesOfPower/

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    This birthday list was realized by twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv6vlcbWoAECx8P.jpg:large

Itīs not correct since we know the twins are born on the 25th of December.
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 19, 2019 at 09:28am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Melissa Fumero reveals that she voiced a character in Season 2 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power..

Geek Vibes Interview with ‘Brooklyn 99’ Star Melissa Fumero

https://gvnation.com/geek-vibes-inte...elissa-fumero/

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icC1dRC3j4

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

Today is DreamWorks Adora's birthday!

https://www.facebook.com/SheRaAndThePrincessesOfPower/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv6vlcbWoAECx8P.jpg
    Ha! Thought for a minute that Entraptra cosplayer was poking her head out of some curtains.

Shouldn't Scorpia be a Scorpio?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Shouldn't Scorpia be a Scorpio?
    Then she'd be a star... or a group thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post

You're right, I just don't want a favourite show to end, especially when there are such potentially good stories to tell.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You're right, I just don't want a favourite show to end, especially when there are such potentially good stories to tell.
    That, my friend, is the reason for sequel series and fanfiction.