Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 4984

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I have to admit this whole Ms Stevenson talking about herself making herself the story thing reminds me a lot of how people like Scott TOYGURU Neitlich/ J.J.Abrams made them more important than the property they are working on/for.

I didnīt liked that when they did it and i donīt like it coming from her.
    pretty much. IMHO, it's all an ego trip for these people. they care less about the property they are working on, than using it as a stepping stone for themselves and their ideals.

but, far be it from me to criticize and say anything critical about this 'wonderful' new direction for she-ra. that's apparently not allowed anymore.
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    pretty much. IMHO, it's all an ego trip for these people. they care less about the property they are working on, than using it as a stepping stone for themselves and their ideals.

but, far be it from me to criticize and say anything critical about this 'wonderful' new direction for she-ra. that's apparently not allowed anymore.
    There's no need for all this sarcasm and venom, equality and diversity is a great thing and should be encouraged, unless people have a problem with that, in which case they have deeper issues they're clearly not addressing.

- - - Updated - - -

This birthday list was realized by twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv6vlcbWoAECx8P.jpg:large

Itīs not correct since we know the twins are born on the 25th of December.
    According to this information, the characters' zodiac signs are as follows. Needless to say, I'm an astrology buff.

If Adam and Adora are born on December 25, according to traditional lore, their zodiac sign would be Capricorn. However, for argument's sake, I'll stick with the Twitter list for now, either way Adora's zodiac sign has not changed.

Adora - Capricorn
    Entrapta - Aquarius
    Perfuma & Netossa - Pisces
    Frosta - Taurus
    Scorpia - Cancer
    Sea Hawk - Leo
    Bow - Virgo
    Queen Angella & Mermista - Libra
    Catra - Scorpio
    Glimmer & Spinnerella - Sagittarius
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

Criticism is allowed, but we need to keep it constructive, and this isn't constructive, Shredder.

There's nothing at all to support what you've stated in your claims. I get you don't like the direction of the cartoon (which is fine), but making those kinds of accusations are not okay. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you created something, and a fan who didn't like it accused your efforts being an ego trip, and that you don't care about the property.
    So please refrain from this in the future. It's against the forum rules, and adds nothing of merit to the discussion.

Again, you are free to criticize, but make it constructive. Give valid view points to support your position. Don't reduce things to character attacks rooted in baseless claims.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Criticism is allowed, but we need to keep it constructive, and this isn't constructive, Shredder.

There's nothing at all to support what you've stated in your claims. I get you don't like the direction of the cartoon (which is fine), but making those kinds of accusations are not okay. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you created something, and a fan who didn't like it accused your efforts being an ego trip, and that you don't care about the property.
    So please refrain from this in the future. It's against the forum rules, and adds nothing of merit to the discussion.

Again, you are free to criticize, but make it constructive. Give valid view points to support your position. Don't reduce things to character attacks rooted in baseless claims.
    I would not single anyone out, because I know how much that hurts, but I never see the value in discussing things I don't like, even if I'm being constructive. It makes no sense to me. For example, I'm a huge DC Comics fan, and I don't like Marvel at all (the characters and stories just don't appeal to me), but I don't go into Marvel threads and either bash or be constructive, I just ignore them and save my enthusiasm for the DC threads.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I would not single anyone out, because I know how much that hurts, but I never see the value in discussing things I don't like, even if I'm being constructive. It makes no sense to me. For example, I'm a huge DC Comics fan, and I don't like Marvel at all (the characters and stories just don't appeal to me), but I don't go into Marvel threads and either bash or be constructive, I just ignore them and save my enthusiasm for the DC threads.
    IMO, if that's how you feel, then it's best for you to simply ignore the criticisms.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    IMO, if that's how you feel, then it's best for you to simply ignore the criticisms.
    I'm an Aquarius, we're naturally eccentric like that.

Heroic Warrior
    That is a noble attitude. And it is the exact opposite for me, with the exception of Batman I think that DC has the most boring and unexciting characters and stories. At the same time I know why people like them and I have no right to come in and tell them how wrong they are. But I think you are asking the wrong question here... even though you didn't really ask a question... so let's just say you should try to see it from a different point of view and let me ask you a question:

What if the whole editorial staff and writers at DC suddenly change. New people come in and change the universe you love. They turn Batman into an overweight [insert random race] dwarf, who isn't serious anymore but constantly cracking jokes like Spider-Man or being sarcastic and witty like RDJ Iron Man. Wonder Woman becomes a nymphomanicac and naive girlie and so on. In other words they change those characters to a degree that you don't recognise them anymore. Wouldn't you go on the Internet to tell them that you don't think their direction doesn't fit what those iconic characters are about? (only to be called racist, sexist and so on because you don't like overweight people etc.) But you said that you don't discuss things you don't like, so you would just give up on the DC universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfis View Post
    That is a noble attitude. And it is the exact opposite for me, with the exception of Batman I think that DC has the most boring and unexciting characters and stories. At the same time I know why people like them and I have no right to come in and tell them how wrong they are. But I think you are asking the wrong question here... even though you didn't really ask a question... so let's just say you should try to see it from a different point of view and let me ask you a question:

What if the whole editorial staff and writers at DC suddenly change. New people come in and change the universe you love. They turn Batman into an overweight [insert random race] dwarf, who isn't serious anymore but constantly cracking jokes like Spider-Man or being sarcastic and witty like RDJ Iron Man. Wonder Woman becomes a nymphomanicac and naive girlie and so on. In other words they change those characters to a degree that you don't recognise them anymore. Wouldn't you go on the Internet to tell them that you don't think their direction doesn't fit what those iconic characters are about? (only to be called racist, sexist and so on because you don't like overweight people etc.) But you said that you don't discuss things you don't like, so you would just give up on the DC universe?
    I would adapt to the changes and find something positive to enjoy, whether you believe me or not. I would never give up on anything I love, for example Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers, I've adapted with all the changes and found enjoyment in cast and character changes, and I love animation, live action, CGI, and LEGO versions of characters and properties. In Rise Of The TMNT, April O'Neil was changed from Caucasian to African-American, as were James Olsen in Supergirl, Iris West in The Flash, and Hawkgirl in Legends Of Tomorrow, several characters across the shows became gay, as was Trini in the new movie of Power Rangers, Billy became African-American, Zack became Asian, and I loved the changes. I've loved every actor's/actresses' versions of cherished characters across the DC Universe and other properties.

In Batman '66, as much as I love Julie Newmar, I've also loved Lee Meriwether, and Eartha Kitt (African-American) just as much, and later on in film/TV, I've loved Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry (also African-American), and Anne Hathaway, as well as Camren Bicondova in Gotham.

I love changes in my music as well, for example Belinda Carlisle changed her musical style from punk rock with The Go-Go's to pop as a soloist, to French chansons and then Buddhist chants, and I've loved every minute of her music, and Amy Grant went from Christian music to pop, then hymns and Christmas music and back again to pop, and again, I've loved every song she ever sang.

Racism, sexism, and homophobia are vile, and I will never accept any of that.
    Last edited by Mikey; January 3, 2019 at 05:52am.

Heroic Warrior
    I would adapt to the changes and find something positive to enjoy, whether you believe me or not. I would never give up on anything I love, for example Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers, I've adapted with all the changes and found enjoyment in cast and character changes, and I love animation, live action, CGI, and LEGO versions of characters. In Rise Of The TMNT, April O'Neil was changed from Caucasian to African-American, as was James Olsen in Supergirl, Iris West in The Flash, and Hawkgirl in Legends Of Tomorrow, several characters across the shows became gay, as was Trini in the new movie of Power Rangers, Billy became African-American, Zack became Asian, and I loved the changes. I've loved every actor's/actresses versions of cherished characters across the DC Universe.

In Batman '66, as much as I love Julie Newmar, I've also loved Lee Meriwether, and Eartha Kitt (African-American) just as much, and late on in film/TV, I've loved Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry (also African-American), and Anne Hathaway, as well as Camren Bicondova in Gotham.

I love changes in my music as well, for example Belinda Carlisle changed her musical style from punk rock with The Go-Go's to pop as a soloist, to French chansons and then Buddhist chants, and I've loved every minute of her music, and Amy Grant went from Christian music to pop, then hymns and Christmas music and back again to pop, and again, I've loved every song she ever sang.

Racism, sexism, and homophobia are vile, and I will never accept any of that.
    Well, let's just forget for one second all this race and gender stuff. Let's not focus on the outside of the characters, if they are CGI or real, played by this or that actress. In the end you have Catwoman as a certain standard on which most actress through history orientated in some form or another. There may have been some slight changes here and there but the fundamental traits remain pretty much in tact. You stated that you don't care how those characters look like, but you like DC and you don't like Marvel, so it must have something to do with what those characters stand for or who they are. And now imagine that they change the core of this, turning DC into a second Marvel. Would you still say Amen and not complain at all?

Well, let's just forget for one second all this race and gender stuff. Let's not focus on the outside of the characters, if they are CGI or real, played by this or that actress. In the end you have Catwoman as a certain standard on which most actress through history orientated in some form or another. There may have been some slight changes here and there but the fundamental traits remain pretty much in tact. You stated that you don't care how those characters look like, but you like DC and you don't like Marvel, so it must have something to do with what those characters stand for or who they are. And now imagine that they change the core of this, turning DC into a second Marvel. Would you still say Amen and not complain at all?
    DC and Marvel are two totally separate properties, the characters and stories are completely different for me. It has nothing to do with what the characters stand for or who they are. I discuss what I love and ignore what I don't care for. It's that simple.

Back to music, before Michael Steele was a member of The Bangles (a band I love) she was briefly a member of The Runaways (a band I'm not a fan of). Her musical style completely changed entirely - for the better, she was a better songwriter, a better singer, and a better bass guitarist, but she was intrinsically the same person and talented artist inside. I still listen to the pre-Bangles album, Born To Be Bad though and I certainly don't hate it, it's just different. It's not like I lambasted or threw the other CD away and pretended it didn't exist when I compared the two styles. It's like New She-Ra, I love both the original and the new equally. The characters are still the same for me inside.
    Last edited by Mikey; January 3, 2019 at 06:09am.

Heroic Warrior
    DC and Marvel are two totally separate properties, the characters and stories are completely different for me. It has nothing to do with what the characters stand for or who they are. I discuss what I love and ignore what I don't care for. It's that simple.

I think at this point I have to give up because it seems like my fictitious WHAT IF? scenario is just to abstract to comprehend.

But you stated yourself that this singer or whatever was intrinsically the same person, and She-Ra is still the same etc. And I am not talking about He-man going from Filmation style to more Anime 200x Style. I am talking about Batman becoming a Spawn-like anti-hero going around killing left and right.

I think at this point I have to give up because it seems like my fictitious WHAT IF? scenario is just to abstract to comprehend.

But you stated yourself that this singer or whatever was intrinsically the same person, and She-Ra is still the same etc. And I am not talking about He-man going from Filmation style to more Anime 200x Style. I am talking about Batman becoming a Spawn-like anti-hero going around killing left and right.
    I comprehend the scenario just fine, I just don't agree with it. Batman became a more violent killer in The Dark Knight Returns and The Flashpoint Paradox as did Aquaman and Wonder Woman (and I love these latter characters as heroes), and Detective James Gordon became Jack The Ripper in Gotham By Gaslight, but I didn't stop being a fan of the characters or DC. I just accepted the differing approaches for the characters in the stories in question. Those changes were appropriate for the story, but it didn't change the official persona of the characters.

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

I can very much assure you that you explained your hypothetical scenario very straight forward, easy to comprehend manner. That is most definitely not the problem at all.

You say that but New 52 is my favourite depiction of Supergirl, despite her being very different to her classic and pre-new 52 versions.

It's perfectly possible to be a fan of a franchise but still be outright critical of new incarnations of it. Heck, even just portions of new incarnations of the franchise has been prolific enough. Of course, this is the first time She-Ra's gotten new material of her own. Even Voltron had 3rd Dimension and Force before Legendary Defender came out. The problem is letting one's criticism become toxic by insisting it is the only way to view the material, but the same thing can happen from the other end in overhyping a show.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    It's perfectly possible to be a fan of a franchise but still be outright critical of new incarnations of it. Heck, even just portions of new incarnations of the franchise has been prolific enough. Of course, this is the first time She-Ra's gotten new material of her own. Even Voltron had 3rd Dimension and Force before Legendary Defender came out. The problem is letting one's criticism become toxic by insisting it is the only way to view the material, but the same thing can happen from the other end in overhyping a show.
    In Voltron Legendary Defender's case it got almost universal praise from fans and critics alike in the beginning. It didn't really get much older fan backlash. Once "ships" didn't go the way some fans wanted despite never really being hinted at in the show in the first place is when some younger fans started to turn against it. Now if one goes on any twitter or facebook post the official Voltron accounts put out, it is negative post after negative post. One would think that it was the worst show ever made going by those posts. If "ships" don't go the way some younger fans want in this She-Ra show, I expect similar results.

Just a heads-up -- I was asked to categorize everything in the opening post of this thread and then create new separate threads for the various topics. This change will hopefully minimize the instances of people missing updates and information because it's "buried" in the thread. The opening post is too massive and difficult to manage. So, expect to see multiple threads from me in the near future.
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 5, 2019 at 03:27pm.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Itīs not correct since we know the twins are born on the 25th of December.
    I just rewatched the Christmas Special and they specifically say that Christmas Day happens a day or so after Adam and Adora's birthday. So they must have been born on either the 23rd or 24th of December.

"Carmen Sandiego: 3 tips it should take from She-Ra for success"

https://hiddenremote.com/2019/01/08/...ke-ra-success/

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I just rewatched the Christmas Special and they specifically say that Christmas Day happens a day or so after Adam and Adora's birthday. So they must have been born on either the 23rd or 24th of December.
    Christmas day is the 25th and 24th is christmas eve. So they are most likely born on the 24th... my mistake than but iīm less off than what dreamworks put out in their chart
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

linmanuelmiranda.jpg

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/statu...13873143218186

--------------------

https://twitter.com/SarahJayBee/stat...15447454302209

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

"Universal names Margie Cohn head of DreamWorks Animation"

https://www.latimes.com/business/hol...109-story.html

- - - Updated - - -

--------------------

rianupdate.jpg

https://twitter.com/RianSygh/status/1083873896326062080
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 11, 2019 at 07:09pm.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Good guy Ryan Singh! 4 seasons ought to take us to 2020, yeah? If two seasons drop this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

This is totally awesome and I can't wait for more episodes!

There are a few like Voltron that last 78 episodes, but as I have said in the past, 52 is a fairly standard episode order for a DreamWorks cartoon on Netflix.

I'm kinda sad they've already done a series finale. Might have led to more series going uncompleted, but sometimes I miss living vicariously season to season...
    I am Imp's number one fan.