Page 3 of 200 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

Man... this is exciting news for sure if it pans out! HOPING it's real, and coming sooner than we might think, and to Netflix! MY girls would LOVE a new She-Ra cartoon (as long as it is still recognizable AS She-Ra in some fashion!... I say, bring on some fun changes!) They dig DC Superhero girls... a similar vibe could work great!

This could be exciting! Honestly with shared universes being so hot right now, it's kind of funny that now they could bring She-Ra back potentially without tying in He-Man. I perfer they keep it all connected, but anything is better than nothing (and She-Ra's had nothing for too long).

So RE this band concept, didn't they consider the exact same treatment for a new Thundercats at one point (before 2011)? I remember they were to be a rock band who fought crime by night or something. Did the same guy dream up both reboot pitches? Someone needs to pitch Josie and the Pussycats as a non-musical super hero show now just to balance the universe out.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This could be exciting! Honestly with shared universes being so hot right now, it's kind of funny that now they could bring She-Ra back potentially without tying in He-Man. I perfer they keep it all connected, but anything is better than nothing (and She-Ra's had nothing for too long).

So RE this band concept, didn't they consider the exact same treatment for a new Thundercats at one point (before 2011)? I remember they were to be a rock band who fought crime by night or something. Did the same guy dream up both reboot pitches? Someone needs to pitch Josie and the Pussycats as a non-musical super hero show now just to balance the universe out.
    There was:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think a lot of old school POP fans probably feel similar. So, I'm curious. What if it IS different? Say they experiment with something new for a new generation... would you at least be willing to give it a shot before throwing in the towel based on announcements?
    Throw in the towel... 4 times..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    What is that Disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Throw in the towel... 4 times..
    I think you'll just want to stick to watching your Filmation DVDs, then.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

The She-Ra reboot could also be influenced by more recent trends such as Dragon Ball Z introducing female super saiyans within the last few months.

This kind of thing is very popular in much of Asia and elsewhere so if they are going to be marketing She-Ra globally beyond the US market this would by the main competition.

If only the second season could be found somewhere . . . .
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I think a lot of old school POP fans probably feel similar. So, I'm curious. What if it IS different? Say they experiment with something new for a new generation... would you at least be willing to give it a shot before throwing in the towel based on announcements?
    I'd give it a chance. I'm not against them "dumbing" it down a bit for the kiddies, though I do think most children are capable of better stories than they get. Sadly, most of the time "experiment" is code for just copying something that's popular now without really knowing why it is.

I will say I'll be more receptive if certain characters aren't cut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    If only the second season could be found somewhere . . . .
    I got it on Ebay.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I got it on Ebay.
    It's super expensive on eBay.

I'm still confused why Netflix only put up season 1. I didn't even realize you could buy partial rights to old shows like that, particularly since Hulu (I think) had both seasons.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior

I'm still confused why Netflix only put up season 1. I didn't even realize you could buy partial rights to old shows like that, particularly since Hulu (I think) had both seasons.
    Pretty sure Hulu had both of he man and she ra. I'm like a 100% sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm excited but scared too, I'm not really a fan of the new types of animation a lot of shows use now. It doesn't have to be drawn in an extremely mature way, or even like the 200X He-Man was, but I don't want it to be like the animation for the new Ducktales series where it just looks... off but you can't put your finger on it.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    The She-Ra reboot could also be influenced by more recent trends such as Dragon Ball Z introducing female super saiyans within the last few months.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d9e617e434.jpg

This kind of thing is very popular in much of Asia and elsewhere so if they are going to be marketing She-Ra globally beyond the US market this would by the main competition.
    God no. No Asian-style anime for MOTU.

Netflix had both season of He-Man and She-Ra up before it switched to Hulu. I'm sure they will release the second season again on Netlfix at some point.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I'm excited to see what may come of this. I don't think we can expect something close to the Filmation series or the 200x MYP He-Man series, but still hopefully something that doesn't stray too far away from the source material. Something like a rock band is just using the brand She-Ra in name only. I know it won't be geared towards us, but still hope it's something I can enjoy, like I have with the Nick TMNT series.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    animation designs I wouldn't mind them copying, because I enjoy watching them:

DC Superhero Girls
    Adventure Time ( even though they have their own She-Ra: Fiona & Cake)
    Star vs The Forces of Evil
    Gravity Falls
    We Bare Bears
    Teen Titans GO
    Regular Show
    Be Cool Scooby-Doo or Mystery Inc.

Well if it has to be "like" something else (why is this a requisite?), I'd prefer it be treated like Voltron.

Ideally it would be unique and set trends.

Do you think they'll try to adapt some kind of green aesop into it or did the original hit that nail hard enough?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    It'd be cool to see She-Ra get a new show, and I'd like to think that with great reception the Wonder Woman movie has that the decision makers would see value in keeping the core of She-Ra as a character & property relatively unchanged. IE, She's still Adora, granted the Sword of Protection, etc. Even keeping the new show in an action oriented vein, EG treat the new show like the new Voltron series and not Teen Titans Go.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    animation designs I wouldn't mind them copying, because I enjoy watching them:

DC Superhero Girls
    Adventure Time ( even though they have their own She-Ra: Fiona & Cake)
    Star vs The Forces of Evil
    Gravity Falls
    We Bare Bears
    Teen Titans GO
    Regular Show
    Be Cool Scooby-Doo or Mystery Inc.
    No mention of Steven Universe which features a core trio of female warriors?

I think there are a few other "female warrior" cartoons around at the moment, including the rebooted Powerpuff Girls and Miraculous Ladybug. And possibly the rebooted My Little Pony, especially as they keep getting transformed into those humanoid ponies.

The aforementioned DC Superhero Girls is also getting rebooted / reimagined as an ongoing TV series (rather than YouTube shorts).

Wonder if this will effect Super 7 licensing for motuc?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    Wonder if this will effect Super 7 licensing for motuc?
    I've been wondering the same....I hope not!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    This is true. I have a voice audition for Swift Wing tomorrow. You might have a fellow forum member voicing her loyal friend. Wish me luck!
    Is that a typo or are they actually considering changing Swift Wind's name to Swift Wing? Not trying to be sarcastic, that is an honest question. We all know that royalties can sometimes result in name changes; also, some shows (particularly soap operas) give different names during auditions to throw off suspicions. In any case, it would be awesome to have an Org member in the voice cast. Break a leg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commtech View Post
    This is true. I have a voice audition for Swift Wing tomorrow. You might have a fellow forum member voicing her loyal friend. Wish me luck!
    Well, the fact that Swift Wind will be in it is promising...so long as he's not like a talking car or something

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Typo. And sorry. Had to delete.