Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Return of Faker"

This looks fantastic , would love to know what software you use to make it and what the process is like making it.

Wow this is pretty darn awesome!
    My Toys, Comic Book and other Geeky Related Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/thecomicbookgeeks

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    This looks fantastic , would love to know what software you use to make it and what the process is like making it.
    For process part, check this video-clip from James' facebook.

And some photos

Last edited by Jukka; September 22, 2017 at 07:58am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

So, Adobe PhotoShop and Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Premium.... well apart from using the most recent edition of MMEP Premium, I'm using the exact same programs for my digital recreations. Are each characters being animated individually on separate layers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    The way Faker mirrors He-man's method of dispatching Skeletor's henchmen in "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" is a very clever take on the facsimile aspect of Faker. Well done! This is really developing the character even further. And I love the "He-man and the Insect People" mini-comic pose when Faker lifts Beast-man!
    There are also two other minicomic references - The panning shot of Faker when he is introduced to the Evil Warriors is based on the Bruce Timm illustration of He-Man that appeared on the backs of certain European minicomics and most notably within "The Power of The Evil Horde!" book - And Trap Jaw holding his jaw at the end is from the "Masks of Power" minicomic! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    Is this going to be made available on DVD? How soon can I place my order?!
    We've no idea how this will be distributed - But the release date is a year away...so we don't have to worry just yet...:)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollphane View Post
    Congratulations for your work it looks amazing and fun, a great tribute to the original series with fan service!
    So you're only 2 working on it?
    Dusan is animating and I'm coloring and animating some of the special effects - Andrew Cramer is also coloring some scenes...and we hope to have him (and others) coloring more! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    This is so great! I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into something like this. I showed this to my son, he loved it! :fakgrin:
    That's truly AWESOME to hear! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    So, Adobe PhotoShop and Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Premium.... well apart from using the most recent edition of MMEP Premium, I'm using the exact same programs for my digital recreations. Are each characters being animated individually on separate layers?
    The animations are traced - Thus, depending on the sequence(s), everything (body, arms, legs, heads, etc.) is on separate layers...so MANY layers! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    The animations are traced - Thus, depending on the sequence(s), everything (body, arms, legs, heads, etc.) is on separate layers...so MANY layers!
    Lol, don't I know it! In the sequence of my recreation of the She-Ra episode Friendship, I'm just doing the bit where Kowl is grumbling to Bow as to why they are going to the Freight Zone, just recreating Kowl alone consists of 27 layers, though I prefer to call them elements, as in the end I use them as one image to be inserted in MMEP2017 Premium (I may upgrade to 2018 soon, even though I only recently upgraded to 2017 *sigh* money money money, it just goes as soon as you get it ), which is just one layer in the program, then adding the background, Bow & Arrow, thankfully no foreground in this scene, so it's between 3-8 layers in MMEP2017 Premium, but each layer image being comprised of between 20-50 elements each! Heh, why did I decide to do a full ep recreation with twists on my own?

What file types are you saving your layers as? Are you saving them as PSD files for when you import the into MMEP2014 Premium, or are you saving them as PNG, TIFF or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Are each characters being animated individually on separate layers?
    Same layer only when there's stuff like character A grabbing character B by the collar.
    When you look at the original animation, just pay attention to what stuff is moving. That way you can tell what's supposed to be on each layer and how many layers there should be.

What file types are you saving your layers as?
    PSD to act as an animation folder, PNG with transparent background to act as cels when it comes to shooting the scenes (Photoshop has an automated export of the layers. Just make sure it's highest bit PNG, trim dechecked and most importantly - that none of the layers share same names).

The animations are traced - Thus, depending on the sequence(s), everything (body, arms, legs, heads, etc.) is on separate layers...so MANY layers!
    LOL yes! Soooo many layers!

T

Dusan is animating and I'm coloring and animating some of the special effects - Andrew Cramer is also coloring some scenes...and we hope to have him (and others) coloring more!
    Yup! I'm honoured to be able to contribute to this and help James and Dusan out!

(and no need to hope, James. "You have my Pen" )
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar