Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Ghostbusters CGI Intro Recreation in progress

Grammer Flunky

Real Ghostbusters CGI Intro Recreation in progress

Can't let that Zim Animation guy steal my thunder. although his RGB intro was TEN TIMES better than his attempt at a turtles intro. Put a little flashy 'realism' spin on your animation and suddenly you get a million hits in ten days. but my stuff barely gets 6,000 hits in 4 years. oh well, sigh ;o) At least I do it for the love of art and not a paetron account ;o)

Last edited by Shredder; June 17, 2017 at 05:11pm.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    The Zin Animation one kinda is better though.

Grammer Flunky
    if i could just refine it it might look good.
    the streams are going to need to be ray traced but will be the toughest to get right.
    I have no idea how i am going to do the trap effect practically.

people will spot lazy after effects effects a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The Zin Animation one kinda is better though.
    Its incredible. I'd love to see a whole episode.

I can't wait for hims MOTU/Thundercats/Batman/etc crossover to be finished.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; June 17, 2017 at 12:02pm.

Grammer Flunky
    If I can get one of the more complicated shots looking right, there is hope for the other four.

This is really cool, but I'm going to move it to the Other Fan Creation section. Keep it up, Shredder!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    This is really cool, but I'm going to move it to the Other Fan Creation section. Keep it up, Shredder!
    OK with me .

All people where doing was saying how great the other guys intro was anyway ;o)..sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    OK with me .

All people where doing was saying how great the other guys intro was anyway ;o)..sigh.
    If you're going to compare yourself to someone else, you need to be prepared for others to do the same.

Grammer Flunky
    well, since people where bound to compare them anyway...might as well do i direct.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    If you're going to compare yourself to someone else, you need to be prepared for others to do the same.
    Well.. It wasn't actually comparing as much as people just pointing out how great the other one was while ignoring the initially posted material. I assume that's what's bothering him and rightfully so.
    Last edited by Neo; June 20, 2017 at 02:58am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Well.. It wasn't actually comparing as much as people just pointing out how great the other one was while ignoring the initially posted material. I assume that's what's bothering him and rightfully so.
    I wasn't going to point it out, and just ignore it...but thank you.

You'll notice that while i was annoyed at the other guys getting far more hits in such a short time, I did say it really WAS much better in improvement than his first effort. I do like it, I just question if he's really doing it to tribute the property, or to raise money for himself.

all the first few posts said was 'yeah, that guys is great, can't wait to see what he's doing'.....not even commenting on mine. came off kind of jerkish.

didn't have to say mine was awesome, and it's for sure not better....but even the little encouragement by uki was appreciated.

oh well. at least egon himself liked my folder on facebook. all the validation i need to continue.

and people wonder why I have such a negative attitude in life, always the type of reaction and support i first run into ;o)

You'll notice that while i was annoyed at the other guys getting far more hits in such a short time, I did say it really WAS much better in improvement than his first effort. I do like it, I just question if he's really doing it to tribute the property, or to raise money for himself.
    I think this is the reason you got the responses that you did. You should have just posted your videos. They're pretty good! But your initial post spends more time talking about this other guy more than your own video.

I personally wouldn't have even known his existed otherwise.

No, it was complaining that the project of someone else was being unfairly recognized, while his project was being overlooked. He then went on to question the motivation of the person who created the other project, as if that has anything to do with the quality of his work. He invited the comparison in the first sentence, so I looked at the project of which he was speaking, and determined that it was qualitatively better. That is why it is being recognized, and his is not. Not commenting on the initially posted material is a polite way avoiding saying something negative about his project, particularly because he feels his efforts are being underappreciated. But since you forced the issue by calling people out, I will be more direct: work rises or falls on its own merit. Investing time and effort in a project does not make it good, anymore than doing it "for the right reasons." If your work is not receiving the attention you think it deserves, do not be bitter, just get better.

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think this is the reason you got the responses that you did. You should have just posted your videos. They're pretty good! But your initial post spends more time talking about this other guy more than your own video.

I personally wouldn't have even known his existed otherwise.

Perhaps. but most of the response I usually get without even mentioning the other guy is how people say 'while mine are good, the other guys is SO Much better'.
    happened at least twice before, and that was the only comment i got.

So, considering that was the only positive response I got elsewhere without even bringing him up at all, figured i'd get it out of the way right off the bat.

Either way I can't seem to win ;o)

Perhaps. but most of the response I usually get without even mentioning the other guy is how people say 'while mine are good, the other guys is SO Much better'.
    happened at least twice before, and that was the only comment i got.

So, considering that was the only positive response I got elsewhere without even bringing him up at all, figured i'd get it out of the way right off the bat.

Either way I can't seem to win ;o)
    I had not even heard of the other person. I did not even know that there were other projects like this. If you had just posted yours, people probably would have said, "Cool," and moved on.

No, it was complaining that the project of someone else was being unfairly recognized, while his project was being overlooked. He then went on to question the motivation of the person who created the other project, as if that has anything to do with the quality of his work. He invited the comparison in the first sentence, so I looked at the project of which he was speaking, and determined that it was qualitatively better. That is why it is being recognized, and his is not. Not commenting on the initially posted material is a polite way avoiding saying something negative about his project, particularly because he feels his efforts are being underappreciated. But since you forced the issue by calling people out, I will be more direct: work rises or falls on its own merit. Investing time and effort in a project does not make it good, anymore than doing it "for the right reasons." If your work is not receiving the attention you think it deserves, do not be bitter, just get better.
    You and I are referring to different things. I was referring to the comments, not the initial post. I am also not saying that his work is either good or bad, nor am I saying that he is right in feeling under appreciated. I merely replied to BCI guys statement which wasn't really accurate imo. We can debate on that if you wish, otherwise we have no issues as far as I am concerned.

Grammer Flunky
    i wish i could meet all these perpetually positive people online.

i don't seem to run into too many of them ;o).

all the people i seem to meet like to nag about everything from the emoji's i use to just about everything else. not really uplifting.. sigh.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    i wish i could meet all these perpetually positive people online.

i don't seem to run into too many of them ;o).

all the people i seem to meet like to nag about everything from the emoji's i use to just about everything else. not really uplifting.. sigh.
    And this pertains to Ghostbusters...how?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You and I are referring to different things. I was referring to the comments, not the initial post. I am also not saying that his work is either good or bad, nor am I saying that he is right in feeling under appreciated. I merely replied to BCI guys statement which wasn't really accurate imo. We can debate on that if you wish, otherwise we have no issues as far as I am concerned.
    No, we are not. The comments were a direct response to the initial post. His comments are not at all inaccurate, because as I and he pointed out, the comparison was invited in the first sentence. Then you want to passively chastise someone for not commenting on his project alone, when it was not presented alone in the first place. Now, do you actually want to comment on either of the projects raised by the initial poster, or do you want to continue to comment about other people's comments? Because the discussion was at least on-topic before you interjected.

No, we are not. The comments were a direct response to the initial post. His comments are not at all inaccurate, because as I and he pointed out, the comparison was invited in the first sentence. Then you want to passively chastise someone for not commenting on his project alone, when it was not presented alone in the first place. Now, do you actually want to comment on either of the projects raised by the initial poster, or do you want to continue to comment about other people's comments? Because the discussion was at least on-topic before you interjected.
    In none of the comments I see an actual comparison between the videos, do you? Please correct me if I'm wrong because that was the point I was making.

And sure I'll give my feedback on this video. There's a lot of progress to be made but he had fun making this. And since it's not nice to talk to someone in the third person I will direct this to Shredder himself.
    It looks like you had fun with this which is good. If you plan to get better though, which I assume is something you want to do, focus on the basics first. With basics I mean good topology, rigging and textures. Once you have that down take a look at the basics of animation. Which software do you use? The logo for instance looks really shakey. If you do that with illustrator it should look a lot tighter.

Grammer Flunky
    In none of the comments I see an actual comparison between the videos, do you? Please correct me if I'm wrong because that was the point I was making.

And sure I'll give my feedback on this video. There's a lot of progress to be made but he had fun making this. And since it's not nice to talk to someone in the third person I will direct this to Shredder himself.
    It looks like you had fun with this which is good. If you plan to get better though, which I assume is something you want to do, focus on the basics first. With basics I mean good topology, rigging and textures. Once you have that down take a look at the basics of animation. Which software do you use? The logo for instance looks really shakey. If you do that with illustrator it should look a lot tighter.
    rigging is still tough to get used too.

Hands are a VERY hard thing to get to look right. as is leg structure. if i could improve that, maybe things like running might look a bit more natural.

Textures I've NEVER been able to master. even though it takes longer, I prefer manually adding in all the detail i need, even if it doesn't look as good.

Did you not read the first post? The entire thing is a comparison between his video and the video of Zin Animation. It is literally begins in the first sentence.

Can't let that Zim Animation guy steal my thunder. although his RGB intro was TEN TIMES better than his attempt at a turtles intro. Put a little flashy 'realism' spin on your animation and suddenly you get a million hits in ten days. but my stuff barely gets 6,000 hits in 4 years. oh well, sigh ;o) At least I do it for the love of art and not a paetron account ;o)
    Are you done playing White Knight now?

Did you not read the first post? The entire thing is a comparison between his video and the video of Zin Animation. It is literally begins in the first sentence.

Are you done playing White Knight now?
    You really don't get what I am saying, perhaps I am not that great in explaining. I am not playing anything sir, but I am done with this conversation.

Grammer Flunky
    he's not being a white knight. he's just pointing out the obvious.

I know this may come off sounding a bit odd from me, considering what most people think of how blunt i am at times... but there are WAYS to say something is great without coming off as rude to what was originally posted.

BCI guy saying he can't wait to see what the other guy did while basically ignoring what i posted, and you saying 'well, it kind of is', just comes off as rude.

there are reasons why some people are on my ignore list ;o).

rigging is still tough to get used too.

Hands are a VERY hard thing to get to look right. as is leg structure. if i could improve that, maybe things like running might look a bit more natural.

Textures I've NEVER been able to master. even though it takes longer, I prefer manually adding in all the detail i need, even if it doesn't look as good.
    What software do you use?