Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 108

Thread: Mattel Vault

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Soothe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's funny, the original Laser figures were rare foreign exclusives that cost a fortune to obtain now, yet the MOTUC set which actually retained the gimmick is so unpopular that Mattel can barely give them away on sale, and will probably have them in this new shop. They have plenty on eBay.
    It just shows you that a lot of collecting revolves around perceived resale value. Rare is popular no matter how the figures look. Personally I'm interested in how the figures look and the quality and I like the MOTUC laser two pack.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Despotron View Post
    So what are these Facebook groups I need to follow to get toy updates
    Heman.org where everyone comes to get the news.. everyone knows this is the number one platform for he man.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,889
    Let's see how many he man's end up on fb now lol. That will tell you who got them for need and for greed. End of story.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Let's see how many he man's end up on fb now lol. That will tell you who got them for need and for greed. End of story.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Oh give it a rest already, no one is going to side with you on this. One poster on here reporting it changed nothing. They would have sold out regardless.

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Thunderkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I'm flabbergasted at these remarks. Have we really got to the point where some people think sharing information is a bad thing? Maybe we should just shut down all the fan sites and let people fend for themselves.
    I think SandRock was just saying that remark with tongue in cheek I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

    Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,688
    I will say, I personally benefitted from the news not being a major headline on this site, and I didn't see it until a couple hours after it was posted, and luckily I was still able to get one. However, there's nothing wrong with starting a post with that information either. Both methods chosen are fine by me.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I will say, I personally benefitted from the news not being a major headline on this site, and I didn't see it until a couple hours after it was posted, and luckily I was still able to get one. However, there's nothing wrong with starting a post with that information either. Both methods chosen are fine by me.
    For what it's worth, I didn't see the announcement until it was given its own thread and was able to buy one... for myself... for my collection... not to flip.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    For what it's worth, I didn't see the announcement until it was given its own thread and was able to buy one... for myself... for my collection... not to flip.
    Same with me. But it wasn't till about an hour after it was created that I saw it and bought He-man. So it selling out in "minutes" was a little extreme. Hours yes but not minutes.

  9. #59
    Searchin' My Soul DisneyBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    4,227
    I missed out again but I'm happy for you folks that didn't... this community is so good when it comes to helping one another out.

  10. #60
    Widget Safety First's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's funny, the original Laser figures were rare foreign exclusives that cost a fortune to obtain now, yet the MOTUC set which actually retained the gimmick is so unpopular that Mattel can barely give them away on sale, and will probably have them in this new shop. They have plenty on eBay.
    Same with Megator and Titus, although not at retail anymore, I bought a Megator boxed on ebay with free shipping and I doubt the seller made a buck after shipping and ebay costs! He might have even lost money, would have been cheaper to toss it in the garbage for him.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety First View Post
    Same with Megator and Titus, although not at retail anymore, I bought a Megator boxed on ebay with free shipping and I doubt the seller made a buck after shipping and ebay costs! He might have even lost money, would have been cheaper to toss it in the garbage for him.
    The exact same thing happened to me with TYTUS. I saw one listed on eBay for cheap, and I jumped at it. I had a little extra cash, so I snatched him up, not knowing when or if I would ever have another chance. I don't have a lot of MOTUC figs, so I really cherish the few that I do have.

    Later, I saw that the Giants are 2 of the easier figures to get, but I didn't know it at the time.
    Odd Man Out

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,688
    The interesting thing about Tytus is that he was one of those figures that was gone in minutes when he originally went up for sale. I think it was May 2010, and in that month both Tytus and Optikk went up for sale. I remember many of us believing these two figures were a true test of how popular this line was, and if they were fast sellouts, then it was the real deal. I think they both lasted longer than previous figures, but I think it was still less than an hour.

    I'm not sure if they did a second run of Tytus or not, but he's never really increased in value in the secondary market. Neither has Gygor or Shadow Beast. I guess maybe the larger scale items do not get the secondary market prices due to their size or initial price.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    The interesting thing about Tytus is that he was one of those figures that was gone in minutes when he originally went up for sale. I think it was May 2010, and in that month both Tytus and Optikk went up for sale. I remember many of us believing these two figures were a true test of how popular this line was, and if they were fast sellouts, then it was the real deal. I think they both lasted longer than previous figures, but I think it was still less than an hour.

    I'm not sure if they did a second run of Tytus or not, but he's never really increased in value in the secondary market. Neither has Gygor or Shadow Beast. I guess maybe the larger scale items do not get the secondary market prices due to their size or initial price.
    Swiftwind begs to differ!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Swiftwind begs to differ!
    Swift Wind, Battle Cat, and Panthor are about the only exceptions. Since they are the 3 big name beasts, I think they are a different case.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

  15. #65
    The exclu-DEAD stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    2,535
    I'm still looking for a Panthor myself. I need to just give in and pay for it.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Thunderkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I'm still looking for a Panthor myself. I need to just give in and pay for it.
    Same here with Swifty...

    I would like to think that we'll see either a re-release of the famous steeds or some sort of re-do. I guess time will tell.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

    Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

  17. #67
    The exclu-DEAD stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    2,535
    I'm in the minority that wants a flocked Panthor.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I'm in the minority that wants a flocked Panthor.
    I would LOOOOVE a flocked Panthor!!! Love it.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I'm in the minority that wants a flocked Panthor.
    I'm not sure how nice it would look flocked, but I'd buy it to keep moc if they made it. So you got my support. I personally don't really want one, but would buy one if made.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior darkmoon766's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'm not sure how nice it would look flocked, but I'd buy it to keep moc if they made it. So you got my support. I personally don't really want one, but would buy one if made.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Even if they can't make it work well (it is very possible to keep almost all the artuculation and still have him flocked.) it should be done. It should probably be some kind of exclusive. Stridor first please.

  21. #71
    The exclu-DEAD stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    2,535
    Regardless of what gets made, if it's as much trouble as we seem to be having with the ultimates right now then I don't want to have anything to do with it. I'll continue to buy the few pieces I am missing, possibly cherry pick one or two figures from now on through friends, and call it a day.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I'm in the minority that wants a flocked Panthor.
    I smell a possible future Power-con exclusive...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,580
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I smell a possible future Power-con exclusive...

    the uproar from fans that can not attend would be legendary
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I smell a possible future Power-con exclusive...
    It would defiantly be a good choice as Panthor itself these is a highly demanded piece if you can even find one. Then to have one flocked? Good thinking!

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    Regardless of what gets made, if it's as much trouble as we seem to be having with the ultimates right now then I don't want to have anything to do with it. I'll continue to buy the few pieces I am missing, possibly cherry pick one or two figures from now on through friends, and call it a day.
    The future of this does have me worried as of late. Not really the ultimates, but all of it. I guess we have to wait and see how things play out with the 2 sets that are coming. I'm hoping for the best, though.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •