Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics - UNOFFICIAL GUIDE

Court Magician Man-At-Armageddon's Avatar

Masters of the Universe Classics - UNOFFICIAL GUIDE

Hi!

I am posting this to help a friend of mine, David Sullyvan, who is in the process of finishing a "Masters of the Universe Classics - UNOFFICIAL GUIDE".

I will post more details about the book when he provides them to me, but to make the story short, this is a labor of love, from a fellow collector who loves collecting guides of different lines of figures. As he did not find any guide covering MOTUC, he decided to make it by himself. He has previously done a "Marvel Universe" figures guide.

In the meantime, he would like to know how many people may be interested in getting such a guide. Please have in mind he is based in SPAIN, and the shipping cost for the book would be from there to wherever the buyer was located.

More details coming when available, for the moment here is an advance:

MOTUC Guide.jpg

Thank you, regards.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    I think its a cool idea, but what kind of info are we talking about here? A lot of info regarding the look, issues with figures, articulation, etc can be readily found all over the web. Pixel Dan's reviews, Itsalltrue.net while not up to date has a lot of info as do the Fwoosh reviews and first looks.

Regardless, a lot of stuff like that compiled into 1 place is definitely a plus. My only real concern is that the book is outdated before its even published since new figures are in the works.

Oh I'm interested. If it has an english edition as I do not speak spanish. Also if it is a fan made endevour, as we all know there is a huge difference of what kind of quality to expect. A full proffessional quality run bound book? Neato. Fully proffessional layouts, copy, and editing? Wonderful!

If it is not to those standards, that's fine too but then maybe I'd just spring a couple of bucks for a pdf digital file to scroll through because I do not need a print edition if it is less that a very professional print run. I'm not a fanzine type guy.

As an example there are a couple of German comics done recently that are beautiful that I very much want. Admittedly it is rather expensive so I do not know that I will ever get them, so the same may apply to a Spanish production. Even if I could not get one I feel I have some valid concerns and expectations to consider.

So I'd like to know more, I'd like to see more. I love action figure guides and frankly I'm just as happy with a picture list with back card scans and production info as I am with a lavishly descriptive coffee table book.

As an example I loved the Masters of the Universe Vintage toy guide that was a free insert in I believe Toy Ark magazine, or maybe Action figure Insider, I forget. Toyfare. The 200x guide in Toyfare was not great but serviceable. Let's have more info.
    Last edited by baronterror; July 10, 2017 at 02:47pm.

I'd be interested but would like to see a bit more than just a cover.

Not to toot my own horn (*beep beep*) but this sounds a lot like my ongoing project that I've been posting here.

Here's a sample image from mine:
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS TOY GUIDE
    Featuring bios, information, accessories, release dates, pictures and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

^^^ I Totally <3 that Wakko!!!!!
    ***************************as for the original post: I would have to know if there would be an English printing, & if it would be Cost prohibited! I unfortunately Do NOT have any of the MOTU Art books, Character Guides, or Mini-Comics or Newspaper Comic Strip collections! Does anyone know if these books will eventually go for cheaper, or will all or most of them go UP in price???
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

That's looking superb, Wakko. How far through are you?

Oh I'm interested. If it has an english edition as I do not speak spanish. Also if it is a fan made endevour, as we all know there is a huge difference of what kind of quality to expect. A full proffessional quality run bound book? Neato. Fully proffessional layouts, copy, and editing? Wonderful!
    The guide will be BOTH in English and Spanish, as you can see from the little UK and Spain flags in the front cover picture.

Also, the Marvel Universe guide that David previously produced was professionally printed, not home printed. This one will be done in the same way, as far as I am concerned.

I will give you more details when I have them, promise.

As promised, here is detailed info on the "MOTUC - UNOFFICIAL GUIDE" by David Sullyvan:

CHARACTERISTICS:
    Page size: A4
    Number of pages: 292
    Interior pages grammage: 130gr
    Cover grammage: 300gr
    Thickness: 1,6cm

DESCRIPTION:
    - Each page shows one figure with its name, description, release information and biography (original pics made by the author).
    - Includes exclusive, variant and rare figures.
    - Written in Spanish and English.

CONTENTS:
    - Introduction written by "LA CUEVA DEL TERROR PODCAST".
    - How to use the guide.
    - Index by year, month and figure name.
    - Information and pictures for each figure produced by MATTEL and sold through "Matty Collector", from 2008 to 2016. One figure per page.
    - Final checklist alphabetically ordered.

WHERE TO BUY:
    "Toys'N'Soldiers" store is distributing the guide, you can preoder it here: https://toysnsoldiers.com/tienda/pre...erse-classics/

ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Official web site: http://unofficialguidemotuc.blogspot.com.es/

PAGE EXAMPLES:

ejemplo01.jpg

ejemplo02.jpg

ejemplo03.jpg

Best regards.

Amazing book.
    The first who including all the MATTEL MOTU CLASSICS action figures 2008-2016.
    Is there no blisters pictures for all the figures ?
    For all Collector fans, the blisters are unavoidable.

Court Magician
    Not exactly positive how "variant" applies or not to figures, but doesn't King Grayskull have a bronze "variant"? Also, I thought Mer-Man has a blue "variant" in the VS Aqua Man two pack. In the sample pages provided, it's noted there are no "variants". Does the bronze King Grayskull and blue Mer-Man get their own page?

*EDIT* I think I understand it now. The information is stating that these particular figures are not the "variants". Am I right?