Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan walk-through, livestream, photo gallery: Super7 MOTUC reveals at SDCC 2017

Heroic Warrior
    What an incredible wave. Never thought we'd see Karg - amazing to see he's coming. I am so psyched about Wrap Trap (Horde Mummy) - my all-time favorite MOTU concept. Dylamug looks great as well - and as far as I'm concerned, that pretty much does it for any Horde needs.

Looking forward to seeing Granita.

Mer-Man was a shoo-in for Filmation, but I'm very happy to see him. Sorceress is not a bad call either; I could easily have lived without Tung Lashor, but I'm happy for those who've wanted him. Man-E's another one I don't personally have a lot of demand for, but again, for those who wanted him...

Man, this really guts my want list. At this point, if Super7 can get us Stridor, I'll be stoked. Beyond that...Kittrina, Kayo, King Miro, the Twiggets and Dree-Elle. Maybe the Masks of Power Demons or Hunga, but beyond that, I think that'd pretty much do it for me. And for Filmation, Webstor, Whiplash, maybe the core three Horde henchmen?

Nice showing!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Great to see the line-up and all the excitement it has generated! Mer-Man is the one I'm most excited about - he will be my go-to version for sure. Most of the others are a pass for me, though the Sorceress and Dylamug might prove a temptation.

(Definitely not the right venue for this, but I'll say it anyway: my biggest dream these days would be for Super7 to continue its partnership with Funko to release more of the Dark Crystal line; lovely little figures (the Garthim are awesome!!!), and we need more Skeksis, Urdu, perhaps with some Pod People! Ahem. Right then, tangent over...

Very happy to see the reveals!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    OH MY GAHHHHD! I woke up to see Dylamug and Tung Lashor but Granita too?! AMAZING!

Definitely the best set of reveals in a long, long time. 😊
    Can't believe we are getting Granita and Dylamug in the same wave! Collector's Choice is very easy for me to be all in this round. I'm not that thrilled with getting Man-E-Faces in CG but I'm still all in with that too as Mer-Man, Sorceress and Tung Lashor are all must haves for me!

I feel they really did go all out for the next waves and I'm surprised they didn't sneak a NA in there as Karg, Dylamug and Horde Mummy all sell the wave by themselves let alone all 3 together! I'm far from complaining, but does anyone else thing the waves are overloaded with heavy hitters this round?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Awesome reveals! I kind of hope for some insight on how they got the rights for Karg cleared, since that seemed to be such an issue for a long time when the line was with Mattel. Not that I'm complaining that we are getting him, I'm just interested in knowing the back story.

I love them!

I wonder if Man-E will come with an extra set of faces like the classics one?

https://hemanmotu.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=472&h=353

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I feel they really did go all out for the next waves and I'm surprised they didn't sneak a NA in there as Karg, Dylamug and Horde Mummy all sell the wave by themselves let alone all 3 together! I'm far from complaining, but does anyone else thing the waves are overloaded with heavy hitters this round?
    I think when you're trying to establish a line, it's risky to not put a lot of "heavy hitters" in it. The CG line has a lot of fans, but a lot of people didn't jump in. As for the CC wave, I will be sitting it out, but I'm glad a lot of people are getting figures they want. I guess Karg doesn't really mean they have the movie rights (and I would love Skeletor shock troopers / centurions). I'm glad people who want him are getting Dylamug, but he's definitely not for me.

I would have loved to see She-Ra instead of Tung Lashor or Man-E-Faces (I will be selling or offloading both of those), but it's a solid wave.

This does raise the question, though, of POP rights. Do we know for certain whether Super7 can even make She-Ra or Great Rebellion characters?
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    I'm far from complaining, but does anyone else thing the waves are overloaded with heavy hitters this round?
    That was my first thought as well, Blackie! Lots of fun, though!

I'm far from complaining, but does anyone else thing the waves are overloaded with heavy hitters this round?
    Not really. Definitely not CC. I mean at this point what might be a 'heavy hitter' to one person is not to another, there are no A list characters left for CC.

I don't think Dylamug or Wrap Trap are heavy hitters at all. Nor Filmation Man-E, maybe not Tung either.

I agree that they maybe should've put in an NA character, perhaps instead of Granita, and kept her as bait for Filmation fans to buy the next CC wave.

Anyway, super happy with these waves!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Not really. Definitely not CC. I mean at this point what might be a 'heavy hitter' to one person is not to another, there are no A list characters left for CC.
    I meant heavy hitters out of what is left to make
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I do love that Filmation Mer-Man.

Ram Man actually looks very good, better than other photos that have surfaced

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I do love that Filmation Mer-Man.

Ram Man actually looks very good, better than other photos that have surfaced

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ons-2_full.jpg
    The black wash looks a little less prominent here too.

Which is strange because in Brian's video, the He-Man in his hand looked super dark. I wonder if this depends on what you get.

These pics, though, have confirmed that I won't be cancelling anything from Super7 or BBTS.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Awesome reveals! I kind of hope for some insight on how they got the rights for Karg cleared, since that seemed to be such an issue for a long time when the line was with Mattel. Not that I'm complaining that we are getting him, I'm just interested in knowing the back story.
    Mattel always said they technically could do Karg because of his appearance in other media (which looks to be what he's based on - not the movie), but didn't feel comfortable with squeezing him in on a technicality. Maybe Super7 is OK with doing that, or maybe they got the blessing of the movie rights holders.

I meant heavy hitters out of what is left to make
    Haha yeah, you know the line has come a long way when 'Horde concept mummy' is being perceived as a heavy hitter!

Do you think in 5 years time we'll be saying 'I can't believe they put Josh, Melaktha and Red Background Guy in the same wave, should've kept some of the heavy hitters back'?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Well they definitely got me for another year with these! Great reveals! I was on the fence about continuing but these are just too fantastic to pass up.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Just noticed among the accessories Mer-Man's staff from Teela's Quest and also Tung Lashor's jetpack

Attachment 113533

Attachment 113532

Attachment 113534
    Was struggling to identify that Jetpack. Thank you, great eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    That Sorceress figure is plain gorgeous. I will be pre-ordering all of the Filmation figures for the first time ever. The Mer Man head looks great and that Tung Lashor is so different from the classics version that it will be an all new character in my display.
    Yes, I always planned to have Tung Lashor & Clawful from Filmation to be in my standard display as unique characters for that very reason. And now I can finally. Or will be able to, that is.

As to Sorceress...dang it, yes she is beautiful. It illustrates why I had no problem with her first figure because it is articulated and I prize that most. However since I already have her this new one with fixed wings for display is just fine, and way lovely to boot. I had no intention of buying the set but I am reconsidering because I could always sell off the other 2.

has anyone seen any pictures of the back of Sorceress wings, just wondering how they will be attached or if its cloth that will be used, and yes she is gorgeous.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    As to Sorceress...dang it, yes she is beautiful. It illustrates why I had no problem with her first figure because it is articulated and I prize that most. However since I already have her this new one with fixed wings for display is just fine, and way lovely to boot. I had no intention of buying the set but I am reconsidering because I could always sell off the other 2.
    I wonder if she will only be posable in this fixed wings display or if they will somehow have other options.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    He looks more like the MOTU Magazine Karg.

So I don't think movie rights and movie-accurate figures are yet so available for all you mentioned...
    My takeaway as well. I feel that Super7 is just braver than Mattel about using characters from alternate media even though they appeared in the Movie. I always thought this was a legit reason to try it. Heck, maybe they even researced a bit and discovered those magazines were covered in the license.

Whatever the case yes, I am thinking they are making Karg like Mattel made the other 3: looking much like the movies, but technically inspired by non movie appearances.

Whatever the case, rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    has anyone seen any pictures of the back of Sorceress wings, just wondering how they will be attached or if its cloth that will be used, and yes she is gorgeous.
    In the video you can see her back, and it looks to me like the wings stay in that fixed position and just plug into her back, and you raise her arms to fit the pose. Maybe not the most versatile, but I like it.

now we need Filmation Wimplash

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post

You can see her wings here:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ons-1_full.jpg
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I wonder if she will only be posable in this fixed wings display or if they will somehow have other options.
    I feel like it doesnt matter. She looks undenyable amazing. It seems obvious her arms are articulated and the wings are not. There are always comprimises on design depending on the outcome. Maybe they have 2 pieces for up or down. But even if it is just as is she fills a very important need for many collectors and this is a look and option tons of people will love.
    Frankly people were already saying they wish she had cloth wings and in my mind that is a terrible horrible idea. To each their own. This one is going to be alot of peoples favourite. I am happy with the one we got but she is tempting and different enough to make me reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I feel like it doesnt matter. She looks undenyable amazing. It seems obvious her arms are articulated and the wings are not. There are always comprimises on design depending on the outcome. Maybe they have 2 pieces for up or down. But even if it is just as is she fills a very important need for many collectors and this is a look and option tons of people will love.
    Frankly people were already saying they wish she had cloth wings and in my mind that is a terrible horrible idea. To each their own. This one is going to be alot of peoples favourite. I am happy with the one we got but she is tempting and different enough to make me reconsider.
    I totally agree with you: She looks amazing and I don't care if that's the only pose that works with wings. I'm a little curious why they didn't try to do her more like Shadow Weaver, but it really doesn't matter.

I'm just curious. They've never quite made a figure that can only pose in one way before, so I wondered what the word from San Diego was.

I'll be ordering at least 4 of her, so I'm sold. I'll pose her like that and be about as happy as I can be.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

gotta go to work but finally worked my way through all the comments. So here are mine.

I am super surprised by all the reveals. Well, not Merman because he seemed the most obvious choice.

I never particularly liked how Wrap Trap looked or fit in the line and could immediately understand why he was not produced. That said I love concept figures getting made so I love that he is getting made. Super surprised but pleasantly so. I always want more new Horde Members.

Tung Lashor is my favourite reveal. I should say I am not exactly surprised by his reveal because exactly like Clawful he was the next unique design that deserved to get made in CG and they did. I am surprised just how awesome he looks.

Super surprised about Dylamug. So much tooling but so what I guess? Amazing. Another I didnt particularly like because he is so different but as I said about Wrap Trap I always want new original Horde characters to fill out the roster, and additionally OBVIOUSLY Dylamug needed to be made. Just surprised to see him so soon, so accurate.

Already commented about Sorceress. Looks super beautiful and though I dont in general want filmation versions of characters I already have, this one...this one makes me reconsider.

Karg already spoke about as well, but I will echo some sentiments which is I appreciate Super7 doing it, and that the figure has a dead on Karg look though it is the comic inspiration in colour (and armour design?) Whatever, I do agree it is the best of both worlds. One thing though: Does he not have a hook hand? Will he come with a hook hand? I'll make one, whatever, but I was sure he had a hook hand.

Granita was not revealed but again, though I was never too worried about getting her great choice. Another lady (awesome) and I know how important she is to so many. Will be happy to get her.

Filmation Manny? Whatever. I'm sure he'll look great and be a great addition to the Filmation collectors.

Merman looks pretty cool actually. Almost enough to tempt me, but no. The most obvious choice in the lineup and he is knocked outta the park.

So super 7 is super surprising. Wonderful and amazing.

I think if we get 8 figures this year (and 16 if you count Filmation CG, and you absolutely should even if like me you do not intend to collect most or any of them) they are rolling out a great number of quality things.

Quote Originally Posted by Despotron View Post
    Btw looks like Sorceress wings are static. Removable?
    Pixel Dan will be doing a walk-through later at SDCC and he plans to cover many of the questions people have been asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Is there going to be a new character poll on the org any time soon? It would probably be helpful for S7 to decide on characters for waves 3 and 4.
    Yep! It's coming post-SDCC. It was decided it was best to see the 2018 Wave 1 reveals first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    SonOfHeman covered it a bit above. It's US magazine Karg, which IMO is definitely better than no Karg. The 87 movie likeness rights still aren't on the table at this point in time, from my understanding.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page