Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Part 3 of theFwoosh article Future MOTUC!

least favourite of the three lists. Some ok characters. a few great. Some...weird choices. Still the art is very nice.

Great work overall on this!

Sad that 200x has had such little representation in each of these. There really are some AMAZING designs not covered.

Would love to see your take on Kay-la from SOH

Really fantastic work!

I LOVE MENDOR!
    Last edited by T-man; August 10, 2017 at 02:53pm.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post

Attachment 113822

Wow, look at the difference in color on this screenshot of Zem! Really shows how much televisions could vary depending on the settings. I'll have to re-watch "Return of Granamyr" tonight and check out his colors again.
    Yea that's really different. In my memories that is like on the picture I have shown. But take a look and let me know.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I am thinking that if some of these characters never see plastic form, Tom could blow these images up to a 7" scale and sell them as cardboard cut-outs to add to our displays . If that's the only way for me to get a Chef Allen, I'll still take it!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Would be very cool to get Jarvan with her
    I was actually planning to draw Jarvan and have him come in a 2-pack with Ileena. But, the article was already delayed so I decided that I had to stop adding characters and Ileena became a single release concept. Seeing a lot of these comments regarding Jarvan makes me wish I had stuck with my original plan. I did start to sketch him up. Maybe I can finish him and have it ready for PowerCon, if I have the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I just read the article... nice work!! (I thought I was the only one who wanted a Filmation Blackbeard figure!)

Dragoon and Negator are musts for this line, and Ileena and Enchantress have been on my wish list for years! Also, Minox would be AMAZING!

Absolutely, 100%, and without a doubt New Adventures should get priority before any other figures. I understand the need for Super7 to diversify their 4-figure sets with each wave, but NA should be represented in each and every one until the vintage line has been completed in MOTUC.

I have nothing against Chef Allen, but it really makes me angry when he shares the same wish-list as Spinwit - a character who should have been made years ago!!!!!!!
    We're not placing one character in front of another in terms of importance. We're simply mixing up a massive amount of character possibilities among several articles, in what we hope is a diverse selection of media sources. It's simply a way to build awareness of the characters and provide fans and customers old and new favorites to request as figures. There are many characters that fans wish came out years ago. Look at Starburst She-Ra, the only remaining She-Ra variant that didn't get produced during the "all stars" subscriptions of 2014 and 2015. Here we are, two years later and we are still waiting for her. That's why we had her in a previous article. Unfortunately, we can't fit all of our favorites in the same article...there is just too many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    King Tamusk why did you guys choose to give Lizzor a second head instead of just a removable helmet but only gave Spinwit a helmeted head I think it would work better the other way. Plus I always kind of crushed on Spinwit and Flipshot in the cartoon.
    Admittedly, I haven't seen all of the New Adventures episodes. I wasn't aware that Spinwit was shown without his helmet on the cartoon. Had I known, I totally would have given him a second head without the helmet too. The reason Spinwit only has the one head is because the vintage toy didn't show that his helmet was removable. That is why Lizorr has two heads; one with and one without a helmet, because his vintage toy helmet was removable. I drew the two heads because I feel the head sculpt suffers when the design calls for a removable helmet to fit over a head. When the helmet is actually part of the head sculpt, I think the end result looks better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Excellent article! Great work by both of you.

I'll always want the big poll where everyone votes to be one of the big deciding factors on what characters fans want to see next. But these are definitely cool for showing how different characters might possibly exist in MOTUC.
    Thank you, Val! Much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    He's not in the guide, because he doesn't have an official name. He was little more than an background character in the books.
    However, I would like to have him. Together with Goat-Man and the Griffon, Beast Man would have his own little gang and I think he deserves that.
    (So would Mer-Man. Give me the Filmation Fish Men and Krakor from the german audio plays.)
    Krakor, you say, hmmmm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Everyone!

But if I have to narrow it down, I'll say:

Lieutenant Andra
    Songster
    Darkdream
    Nocturna
    Colonel Blast
    Riders of Morc leader
    Satma
    Wise Old Wizardess
    Crystoll
    Hoove
    Saryn
    Ofta
    Keclar
    Princess Kirma
    Artilla
    Snake Goddess
    Crackers the Clown (you did Chef Allen so now you HAVE to do Crackers!)
    Sawtooth
    Gargoyles of Xarkoran
    He-Ra
    Staghorn
    Spirit
    Vizar
    Butthead
    Iandir the Ice Empress
    Lady Miranda
    Count Kravon
    Illumina
    Kay-La
    Lady Slither
    Rana
    Detector
    Sagitar
    Woock
    Faultmaster
    Xugar
    Darkspy
    Comet Cat
    Snake Horde Troopers
    Pigboy
    Gorgone
    Prince Keldor
    Skeleton Warriors
    Starchild
    Elders
    Tarrak
    Anti-Keldor
    Celice
    Spyster
    Andras
    Andros
    Tyn-Mah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling you'll like the next article too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    least favourite of the three lists. Some ok characters. a few great. Some...weird choices. Still the art is very nice.
    Eh, can't win 'em all.

I'm glad you like the artwork, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Great work overall on this!

Sad that 200x has had such little representation in each of these. There really are some AMAZING designs not covered.

Would love to see your take on Kay-la from SOH

Really fantastic work!

I LOVE MENDOR!
    We got more 200X coming in the next article.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I was actually planning to draw Jarvan and have him come in a 2-pack with Ileena. But, the article was already delayed so I decided that I had to stop adding characters and Ileena became a single release concept. Seeing a lot of these comments regarding Jarvan makes me wish I had stuck with my original plan. I did start to sketch him up. Maybe I can finish him and have it ready for PowerCon, if I have the time.

- - - Updated - - -

That is nice and yes you had a great idea.
    As you said for Baron Grod/Danavas and KingTamusk/KIng Barbo, as Swifty suggested you can make an easy repaint with Zem.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    IIRC, he actually did make it in under "Wolf People" in the Factions & Races section.
    I just looked it up, you are right. The same section also mentions two more underlings of Beast-Man, a reptile and a cat. They could be easily declared a Repton and a Qadian in classics. Good to know that there are still potential Evil Warriors left.

I have a feeling you'll like the next article too.
    I'm glad you guys are going to do a fourth article.

Don't worry about some people saying you picked some obscure or weird choices. Nobody on Earth loves every single MARVEL character, every single DC character, every single STAR WARS or LORD OF THE RINGS character, etc... Besides that, you guys do all this for free, simply because you love MOTU. Even if I hated every character you designed, I'd still praise you for your hard work.

Keep 'em coming!
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I'm glad you guys are going to do a fourth article.

Don't worry about some people saying you picked some obscure or weird choices. Nobody on Earth loves every single MARVEL character, every single DC character, every single STAR WARS or LORD OF THE RINGS character, etc... Besides that, you guys do all this for free, simply because you love MOTU. Even if I hated every character you designed, I'd still praise you for your hard work.

Keep 'em coming!
    Well said !

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly, I haven't seen all of the New Adventures episodes. I wasn't aware that Spinwit was shown without his helmet on the cartoon. Had I known, I totally would have given him a second head without the helmet too. The reason Spinwit only has the one head is because the vintage toy didn't show that his helmet was removable. That is why Lizorr has two heads; one with and one without a helmet, because his vintage toy helmet was removable. I drew the two heads because I feel the head sculpt suffers when the design calls for a removable helmet to fit over a head. When the helmet is actually part of the head sculpt, I think the end result looks better.
    I'm not disagreeing with Lizzor having two heads but all the Galactic Guardians were featured helmetless primarily throughout the cartoon including Sagitar so as an either or I would prefer the Galactic Guardians get a second helmetless head over the mutants who were never featured without their helmets.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

If Howler was the exact same shade of gray as Stratos, I'd get him just to replace Stratos' old legs with the new legs with non-exposed ankle pins.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Nice to see Crimson Fury make the article.

He's still one of my most wanted characters. In MOTU, he's just really unique.

Now if Angast could make one of these articles...

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    The two that I'd like to see the most are Lizard Man II & Madam Xenia. Also, if beasts are being done, Clawdeen is LONG over due.
    Does Galactus fart?

Congratulations on another excellent list!

I am especially pleased with the optimism of including many accessories... and in particular the cool little creatures from Filmation!

Lokus, Drude, Monteeg and the Nerbs are all awesome! I want them!! Next we can get Gorgon with the gorgeous Sybiline.

Love the idea of Blackbeard as an accessory to Monteeg - and amazed at how awesome he looks Classicized. He never seemed so appealing on TV.

Really appreciate the listing of Kol Darr - he was made for a figure.

Sultra, Negator, Enchantress, Minox, Dragoon, Shezar and Howler would all make great additions to the collection. I am happy to see Gray as a deserved selection, but the concept power staff is my most desired accessory of all those presented, even more than Dree Elle's transportation pyramid or Kol Darr's stunning shield.

Long may Super7 continue to deliver the Classics figures so more of these make it to plastic.

Look forward to Edition 4 (any chance of a Mind Beast?)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm not disagreeing with Lizzor having two heads but all the Galactic Guardians were featured helmetless primarily throughout the cartoon including Sagitar so as an either or I would prefer the Galactic Guardians get a second helmetless head over the mutants who were never featured without their helmets.
    This.

ALL of the Galactic Protectors need to include a second helmetless head.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

really nice article and great filmation list
    so cool to see admiral scurvy, now I am looking for colonel blast

Noted. I'll make sure the option for 2 heads is considered on the Galactic Guardians moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Nice to see Crimson Fury make the article.

He's still one of my most wanted characters. In MOTU, he's just really unique.

Now if Angast could make one of these articles...
    Angast would be interesting, now wouldn't he?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Congratulations on another excellent list!

I am especially pleased with the optimism of including many accessories... and in particular the cool little creatures from Filmation!

Lokus, Drude, Monteeg and the Nerbs are all awesome! I want them!! Next we can get Gorgon with the gorgeous Sybiline.

Love the idea of Blackbeard as an accessory to Monteeg - and amazed at how awesome he looks Classicized. He never seemed so appealing on TV.

Really appreciate the listing of Kol Darr - he was made for a figure.

Sultra, Negator, Enchantress, Minox, Dragoon, Shezar and Howler would all make great additions to the collection. I am happy to see Gray as a deserved selection, but the concept power staff is my most desired accessory of all those presented, even more than Dree Elle's transportation pyramid or Kol Darr's stunning shield.

Long may Super7 continue to deliver the Classics figures so more of these make it to plastic.

Look forward to Edition 4 (any chance of a Mind Beast?)
    Thank you, we're glad you like the article and the characters we've selected. The Mind Beast is a good suggestion!

Some really nice pics! Especially Dragoon! Judging by the concept art. Dragoon is going to be 7 inches likes the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    Some really nice pics! Especially Dragoon! Judging by the concept art. Dragoon is going to be 7 inches likes the rest?
    I had him in scale with the other figures, but I assumed that he'd still look taller with his neck extension piece and wings.

So, here is a question...I've got a couple concepts that I had drawn of character that were revealed before we could put them in an article, and a couple that were started but not finished. I am considering finishing them and having them on display at my booth during Power-Con. Would anyone that is attending Power-Con like to see them?

Here is another question...if I have time to draw up one or two characters just for Power-Con, which characters would you want to see most?

Let me know.

I had him in scale with the other figures, but I assumed that he'd still look taller with his neck extension piece and wings.

So, here is a question...I've got a couple concepts that I had drawn of character that were revealed before we could put them in an article, and a couple that were started but not finished. I am considering finishing them and having them on display at my booth during Power-Con. Would anyone that is attending Power-Con like to see them?

Here is another question...if I have time to draw up one or two characters just for Power-Con, which characters would you want to see most?

Let me know.
    If I would attend to Power-Con I would like to see them.

If I have to choose two I would say Colonel Blast and Rattlor

Widget
    They all look good. Only thing I really dislike is the chase-idea.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    If I would attend to Power-Con I would like to see them.

If I have to choose two I would say Colonel Blast and Rattlor
    Another vote for Colonel Blast over here!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms (with Orko), Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Another vote for Colonel Blast over here!
    +1 for colonel blast

Let me know.
    Given the awesome designs by Axel, I cast a vote for Lord Choloh.

Also, thanks to Thundercats we have a kid buck so the Starchild ... and Mind Beast just to round out.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Widget
    Colonel blast is a good idea.
    Since we are getting Tung lashor, Rattlor would be judicious