Thread: Guillermo Del Toro's The Shape of Water (2017)

Guillermo Del Toro's The Shape of Water (2017)

Who thinks this looks interesting and quite fresh with creativity? i mean a mute human woman who is a worker in the 60's during the cold war era, plus she falls in love with a mutant aqua humanoid person and he falls for her as they form a bond as she wants to free him from a government experiment.

It's basically gonna be Beauty and the Beast (more like the TV show version from the 80s if you all recall that show with Ron Perlman) and Splash (only it's an aqua humanoid man than a mermaid) plus some fresh ideas like a mute woman who falls for a humanoid person which is an interesting concept. This will be a story about accepting those who are different than you and not "inferior" and has two different people finding friendship and more.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Doug Jones (Abe Sapien in Hellboy) plays the role of the said mutant aqua humanoid person.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Yup! and originally Del Toro wanted to adapt the book of Beauty and the Beast (which isn't a remake of the Disney movie like the recent live-action version made a mistake of remaking the 1991 movie instead of being it's own adaptation of the book) but instead decided to make his own personal film inspired by the story but set in modern times.

I saw this and it was a damned good movie no doubt and a must see! great acting, nice visuals and a nice comeback for Del Toro doing independent productions and this is one of the best movies of the year.