Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super7 - Can you finish the 8-back Giants?

I agree with Tokyo. If a fan working at home can cast an exact He-man sculpt than surely Mattel can.
    Commemoratives were also off.

Hmmm...I'd be interested to see how Teela's head would look blown up. I'm curious as to the color of the hair as well. But I would like to see the giants finished as well.
    My Toys, Comic Book and other Geeky Related Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/thecomicbookgeeks

I would like to see Faker, if no one else. As for these not going over well the first time, it probably would have helped greatly if Mattel had released, ya know, giant versions of the actual vintage figures instead of the black box re-issues (there ARE differences, especially with He-Man) and did a little more to re-create the vintage look and feel, like having Beast Man in the bubble with his armor on and including cardboard mock-ups of mini comic covers to put behind the figures. Also, the non-resealable packaging fiasco...
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Hmmm...I'd be interested to see how Teela's head would look blown up. I'm curious as to the color of the hair as well. But I would like to see the giants finished as well.
    I think Teela's face wouldn't look very good in the Giants scale. The vintage figure is a bit goofy in the face to begin with, and if you blow that up.....I just can't imagine it looking better.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    On one hand given how many of these went on clearance I’m doubtful this will happen. On the other hand I suspect there is a big difference between what Mattel considered a worthwhile success and what Super7 considers a worthwhile success. So it does seem possible since Super7 is willing to produce quantities on a smaller scale and isn’t burdened by having to be accountable to shareholders that couldn’t care less about the actual industries they are invested in and only care about making obscene amounts of money in their dividends.

It would be great to finish the first 8. After that I’d like to see Orko.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Faker would be an easy, and awesome release

Mer-Man and Teela would be so cool. Evil-Lyn would be an easy release too if Teela were made. They could even do a green Goddess.
    That would justify the cost of tooling Teela, the biggest obstacle, I imagine. They could do a pre-order to see if the production of the figures is viable; seems to be becoming a pretty standard approach these days to iffy projects...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Widget
    Yes, I would also like to complete the 8 back figures as well. Something truly special. But from memory, Mattel didn't sell enough of the giants and were selling them at ridiculous prices at several times. I think that;'s why they didn't complete the wave.

I don't think Super7 are into taking risks with something... I mean they won't make an Ultimates Fisto Classics figure which would make them money hand over fist (pardon the pun)

Widget
    Could one of you guys take a photo of you holding one of the giants for me? I never really had any scope of scale for them and I've never seen one in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister E View Post
    Could one of you guys take a photo of you holding one of the giants for me? I never really had any scope of scale for them and I've never seen one in real life.
    https://youtu.be/fGxpjXyK2nc
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Thank you.