Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: How about story themed deluxe "gift sets"

  1. #1
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,865

    How about story themed deluxe "gift sets"

    Just an idea for a way to get more stuff! Lol

    Examples:

    Heart of Eternia gift set:

    - "Movie" Beast Man (newspaper comic, Marvel Star comic)

    - Crowned He-Man head and cape from newspaper comics

    - translucent gold Havoc Staff


    Kingdom of Targa gift set:

    - Princess Rana

    - mini-comics Garn

    - Secret Liquid of Life Teela

    (These three would all have the same color decor/ clothing


    Cosmic Enforcer gift set:

    - Zanthor

    - Zodak chair

    - another Cosmic Enforcer
    Danielsan52


    HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    Yeah, there are a lot of possible sets that could be done. In the most recent Fwoosh article we showed a 3-pack of characters from a UK She-Ra comic!

    Crimson Fury, Count Sneer, and Gritstone!
    19_CrimsonFury.jpg

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Jinxieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,005
    Sorceresses of Eternia set with the Sorceress of Zoar, Sorceress of Serpos, and the Sorceress of Horokoth.

    IMG_4634.JPG

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    Or a Power of Grayskull themed set with Gray, Sharella, and King Hiss' Slave Girl.

    15_Gray.jpg

    13_Sharella.jpg

    18_SlaveGirl.jpg

  5. #5
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,865
    Avion Gift Set

    Stratos with blue & red boots

    Flight hands

    Grasp hands

    Blue arm wings + red

    Blue armor + red

    Aeros head

    Syracu head

    Brunette Hawke head
    Danielsan52


    HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    317
    Slime Pit Set

    Slime Pit He-Man
    Slime stains, similar to the ones in the Playmobil Ghostbusters sets
    A slime "sheet" to put over any figure to make it look "slimed". No, let's say two of that.
    A slime barrel with solid rubber slime, easy to remove if you want to display an empty barrel or put actual slime ito it.
    Having the actual Slime Pit in the set would of course be perfect, but I think, that makes it too big. Maybe a smaller version + rubber slime in flowing position.
    Also I decided against the 200X Slime Bone Warrior because that guy should be solo so you can army build.

  7. #7
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    6,210
    At this point the only "Gift Set" that I dream of is a Tuvar & Baddrah 2 pack. I see that as the most likely way.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    At this point the only "Gift Set" that I dream of is a Tuvar & Baddrah 2 pack. I see that as the most likely way.
    Well, let's see ... that would have to contain ...
    Tuvar
    Baddhra
    Tons of weapons
    Additional Baddhra head and additional Tuvar head to make Two-Bad fit Tuvar and Baddhra in appearance
    The Two-Bad heads in case you prefer to do it the other way around

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    8,161
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Or a Power of Grayskull themed set with Gray, Sharella, and King Hiss' Slave Girl.

    15_Gray.jpg

    13_Sharella.jpg

    18_SlaveGirl.jpg
    Sign me up for this one!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Or a Power of Grayskull themed set with Gray, Sharella, and King Hiss' Slave Girl.

    15_Gray.jpg

    13_Sharella.jpg

    18_SlaveGirl.jpg
    Yes!!! I would be all over this one.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.


    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    3,668
    When I see wants things like this it makes me cringe.

    It makes me think the price for said idea will be really up there. Thus being unattainable by (a major by) the fans. Which doesn't bode well for the line. And we all should safe the lein.

    I have nothing against the ideas themselves lets not get to crazy and expensive here.



    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Just an idea for a way to get more stuff! Lol

    Examples:

    Heart of Eternia gift set:

    - "Movie" Beast Man (newspaper comic, Marvel Star comic)

    - Crowned He-Man head and cape from newspaper comics

    - translucent gold Havoc Staff


    Kingdom of Targa gift set:

    - Princess Rana

    - mini-comics Garn

    - Secret Liquid of Life Teela

    (These three would all have the same color decor/ clothing


    Cosmic Enforcer gift set:

    - Zanthor

    - Zodak chair

    - another Cosmic Enforcer

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    When I see wants things like this it makes me cringe.

    It makes me think the price for said idea will be really up there. Thus being unattainable by (a major by) the fans. Which doesn't bode well for the line. And we all should safe the lein.

    I have nothing against the ideas themselves lets not get to crazy and expensive here.
    Don't worry. Sharing an idea is free.

  13. #13
    TWIGGET ENTHUSIAST! Swifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    2,459
    I'd like to see some Club Grayskull gift sets that honor the extra Filmation specials we received outside of the series themselves!


    SECRET OF THE SWORD GIFT SET (SDCC exclusive)

    * "Force Captain" Adora (Filmation accurate Adora with corrected crotch piece and hair sculpt, hooded cloak, and shocker rifle)

    * Spirit

    * "Invasion" Hordak (with red arm cannon blast effect)

    * extra Filmation "invasion" Horde trooper head

    * Baby Adam & Adora


    A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL GIFT SET (to be released during the holidays)

    * Santa Prince Adam

    * Alicia & Miguel (with flying belts)

    * Cutter, Zipper, and Relay

    * snow covered/"Ghostbusters" Orko

    * grinning Skeletor head

    * Christmas tree on sled

    * Carium water crystal

    * "Sword to Flame" Sword of Protection

    * packaging that features the Sky Spy in the background behind the window box and the on the back a panorama of the Royal Palace hall with Snout Spout putting the star on top of the Chritstmas tree
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

    Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

  14. #14
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Or a Power of Grayskull themed set with Gray, Sharella, and King Hiss' Slave Girl.

    15_Gray.jpg

    13_Sharella.jpg

    18_SlaveGirl.jpg
    This, please!





    Also:

    NA "The Nemesis Within" 3-Pack
    -He-Slave
    -DoD Skeletor
    -Master Sebrian

    NA "Attack on Onnor" 3-Pack
    -Caz
    -Drissi
    -Grot

    1987 MotU 3-Pack
    -He-Dolph
    -Skele-Frank
    -Julie Winston
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This, please!





    Also:

    NA "The Nemesis Within" 3-Pack
    -He-Slave
    -DoD Skeletor
    -Master Sebrian

    NA "Attack on Onnor" 3-Pack
    -Caz
    -Drissi
    -Grot

    1987 MotU 3-Pack
    -He-Dolph
    -Skele-Frank
    -Julie Winston
    How about a New Adventures the games three pack from the final couple episodes featuring the remaining characters we don't have yet

    Kayo
    Spinwit
    Hoove

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Posts
    511
    What about 3 giants gift set Azdar, Belzar, and Chazdar, the Council of Evil Big Boys.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

  17. #17
    ....and so am I! Bowisawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Saint Charles, MO
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I'd like to see some Club Grayskull gift sets that honor the extra Filmation specials we received outside of the series themselves!


    SECRET OF THE SWORD GIFT SET (SDCC exclusive)

    * "Force Captain" Adora (Filmation accurate Adora with corrected crotch piece and hair sculpt, hooded cloak, and shocker rifle)

    * Spirit

    * "Invasion" Hordak (with red arm cannon blast effect)

    * extra Filmation "invasion" Horde trooper head

    * Baby Adam & Adora


    A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL GIFT SET (to be released during the holidays)

    * Santa Prince Adam

    * Alicia & Miguel (with flying belts)

    * Cutter, Zipper, and Relay

    * snow covered/"Ghostbusters" Orko

    * grinning Skeletor head

    * Christmas tree on sled

    * Carium water crystal

    * "Sword to Flame" Sword of Protection

    * packaging that features the Sky Spy in the background behind the window box and the on the back a panorama of the Royal Palace hall with Snout Spout putting the star on top of the Chritstmas tree
    This is Christmas Theme pack is everything I want!!!
    My Want List: Santa Adam, Spinwit, Skeleteen, Lady Slither, Kittrina, Catra Panthor Form, Relay, Odephus, King Ahgo, Sh'Gora, God Skeletor, Queen Andreeno, Angast, General Tataran, Old Man Marzo, Red Beast, Butthead, Ra-Jar, Major Header, Hans Hammer Holder, Great Black Wizard, Master Sebrian, Songster, Joya, Enchantress, Sagitar, Evil Robot, Prince Dakon, Artilla, Lt. Andra, CHEF ALLEN...

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,129
    Really dig this kind of idea, it would be a a smart move to get more demanded characters faster even if priced more than a regular carded figure
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I'd like to see some Club Grayskull gift sets that honor the extra Filmation specials we received outside of the series themselves!


    SECRET OF THE SWORD GIFT SET (SDCC exclusive)

    * "Force Captain" Adora (Filmation accurate Adora with corrected crotch piece and hair sculpt, hooded cloak, and shocker rifle)

    * Spirit

    * "Invasion" Hordak (with red arm cannon blast effect)

    * extra Filmation "invasion" Horde trooper head

    * Baby Adam & Adora


    A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL GIFT SET (to be released during the holidays)

    * Santa Prince Adam

    * Alicia & Miguel (with flying belts)

    * Cutter, Zipper, and Relay

    * snow covered/"Ghostbusters" Orko

    * grinning Skeletor head

    * Christmas tree on sled

    * Carium water crystal

    * "Sword to Flame" Sword of Protection

    * packaging that features the Sky Spy in the background behind the window box and the on the back a panorama of the Royal Palace hall with Snout Spout putting the star on top of the Chritstmas tree
    That Christmas pack has too much in it unless you want Super7 to charge $150.00 for it. Don't forget the figures are in the $34.99 range now.

    Being realistic I think you can get Santa Prince Adam with full articulation. Alicia & Miguel with limited articulation.( Accessories flying belts, relay and grinning Skeletor head )


    Next you could get a Deluxe figure of "Invasion" Hordak ( Accessories, Trooper Stun batton, red arm cannon blast effect, Baby Adam & Adora )

    SECRET OF THE SWORD Filmation accurate Adora & Spirit GIFT SET ( hooded cloak, and shocker rifle )


    Don't forget like Mattel Super7 has to have these Items come in on cost so they just can't toss in a bunch of accessories
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,714
    There could be some room for this. My preference would be for each set to include characters from one comic or minicomic, or, for cartoon characters, per episode.

    Of course we're a long way into the line now, so some characters that might work in this format have already been done or are imminent, e.g. Lodar; minicomic Trap Jaw.

    But a set such as Ceril and the two forms of Damon could be done.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post


    Also:1987 MotU 3-Pack
    -He-Dolph
    -Skele-Frank
    -Julie Winston
    I would cut out Julie and make it

    He-Dolph
    Skele-Frank
    Skele-God

    Both versions of Skeletor would be much cooler for me than a Julie figure.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    317
    The DC Masters of the Universe Eternity War Man-At-Arms 3-Pack
    Eternity War Man-At-Arms
    Man-At-Arms in Roboto Spacesuit
    War Wraith
    Last edited by Capeträger; September 7, 2017 at 06:31pm.

  23. #23
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,564
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would cut out Julie and make it

    He-Dolph
    Skele-Frank
    Skele-God

    Both versions of Skeletor would be much cooler for me than a Julie figure.
    How about:
    -He-Dolph
    -Skele-Frank
    -Shock Trooper



    OR

    -Movie version Teela

    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  24. #24
    Widget Hordak04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    17
    I would not be a fan of this idea. With the price going up (Super 7 acquiring MOTU) and feeling the cost of the Power Con Exclusives, I think we should stick to single packs. Since details are not released yet for wave 2, my fear is that price is going up again... Which may be my breaking point.

  25. #25
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,564
    Here's another idea based on SOH:

    -Queen Tee'La
    -Overlord Skeletor
    -Skeleteen

    and

    -Kay-La
    -Slob Boar
    -Bug Eye
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •