Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest Miniatures Showing Their MOTU Mini Line @ Powercon

Quest Miniatures Showing Their MOTU Mini Line @ Powercon

Kind of interested to see what these guys have to show. http://www.thepower-con.com/2017/08/quest-miniatures-exhibiting-at-power-con-2017/

Apparently they will be showing 1.25" mini figures at the show. There are a ton of MOTU mini figures out right now with Mega Construx, MOTU Minis, Super7 ReAction, POPs, Adorbs, TLS, but I always love seeing new MOTU sculpts and products.

Looks like a pretty small company. Their website only has one image of a Spawn so I don't know what to expect...

Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

I had a chance to check out the Quest Miniatures booth at PowerCon, and I gotta say these were some of the coolest reveals I saw. They're little metal wargaming miniatures that are only like an inch tall but have incredible detail. They come unpainted $12 each or $60 for the set of 6. Quest Miniatures is working on a game they can be used to play, along with a wave 2 of miniatures. I've never had the interest to get into Wargaming 'til I saw these. They are sized in the same scale as HeroQuest but people use them with D&D.

QuestMiniatures.jpg
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I had a chance to check out the Quest Miniatures booth at PowerCon, and I gotta say these were some of the coolest reveals I saw. They're little metal wargaming miniatures that are only like an inch tall but have incredible detail. They come unpainted $12 each or $60 for the set of 6. Quest Miniatures is working on a game they can be used to play, along with a wave 2 of miniatures. I've never had the interest to get into Wargaming 'til I saw these. They are sized in the same scale as HeroQuest but people use them with D&D.

QuestMiniatures.jpg
    They look awesome!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    My jaw dropped when I saw the reveals online - gorgeous sculpts and, as a life-long tabletop gamer, something I've wanted since 1982!!

I am currently working on game stats for these 6 characters (plus a few others) to be used in my own Kaiju Kaos: The Miniatures Game. MOTU was a huge influence on Kaiju Kaos so it only seems fitting that I finally release game stats for my favorite childhood property. Of course these stats will not be licensed but I will offer then up for free for all who are interested.

PS: That Spawn mini... we have that already and I'm working on stats for him as well.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

They do look awesome, I hope they can make a lot more characters, and move on to vehicles too! I am not into actual gaming, but with tiny figures like this the potential for fun dioramas is amazing. There's a bunch of stuff that is already available at this scale, and more can be made relatively easily.

It's been a long time coming that MOTU has made it into the realms of wargaming again, and it's great to see that we have an option of owning MOTU miniatures without having to sell a kidney for the old Grenadier Miniatures releases (and I won't need to paint up any more of my MOTUSCLE figures )

This is totally up my alley, my other 'full time' hobby is wargaming so to say that I am happy about these is an understatement! Now if Quest Miniatures also makes some vehicles down the road, that would be superb! Let be honest, if they make skirmish level rules and then make 'army builders' like horde troopers etc then the sky is the limit. I really hope they do well with this range and that we see lots more to come. I can't wait to slap some paint on them!
    Last edited by Thunderkill; September 19, 2017 at 01:03pm.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

They look really cool, and they seem to be done in the FILMATION style which I like. However, I'm not sure I could paint well enough to do a decent job on such small figures.

Very nice, though.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; September 20, 2017 at 09:21pm.
    Odd Man Out

Oh wow, I missed the part about them being unpainted. They look pretty cool but there's no way I could paint them with my shaky hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    My wife paints miniatures, she will be ecstatic to get these.

Quest posted backer art on their Instagram today -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZbWjr8A...uestminiatures

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

My friend ordered us a set and they arrived yesterday. I haven't seen them in person yet but he said they look great.

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

I ordered a couple, Teela and Beastman for now... should be dropping any time!!!!! eeeeee!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

I ordered a full set

Quote Originally Posted by rollntider View Post
    I ordered a full set
    Where did you order these at?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Where did you order these at?
    Drop 'em an email, or if you follow them through Instagram, send them a message. They're pretty prompt with the responses.

- - - Updated - - -

Why has this been moved to the miscellaneous marketplace??

- - - Updated - - -

super excited to get a package in the mail yesterday with my miniatures! I only ordered a couple (cash is tight right now) but I'll be ordering the rest soon for sure. Beautiful miniatures!!! I'll be putting up a review on my wargaming blog pretty soon, and painting them up.

Seriously, mods, can this be moved to the Licensed Products forum? this thread hasn't been a private buy/sell thread...

Teela Beastman.JPG

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Are they available painted? Don't have the time available these days to give them justice. Not to mention hand issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Are they available painted? Don't have the time available these days to give them justice. Not to mention hand issues.
    I don't believe so mate. There are a lot of miniature painting services out there though!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

I got mine today. Love them, can't wait to get them painted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Drop 'em an email, or if you follow them through Instagram, send them a message. They're pretty prompt with the responses.
    Sorry i did not respond sooner so thanks for answering. Yes they were very prompt and answered any question I had about the figs. i cannot wait until they produce more. He said he is a miniature wargamer and rules should be coming soon. As a wargamer I am ecstatic. Cannot wait.
    Last edited by rollntider; October 11, 2017 at 08:54pm.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I need these. Just e-mailed them...I hope I can get a set!

Quote Originally Posted by rollntider View Post
    I got mine today. Love them, can't wait to get them painted.

Sorry i did not respond sooner so thanks for answering. Yes they were very prompt and answered any question I had about the figs. i cannot wait until they produce more. He said he is a miniature wargamer and rules should be coming soon. As a wargamer I am ecstatic. Cannot wait.
    Right there with you mate! I did a quick review on the couple I picked up (link in my sig). I started painting Beastman last night, I've only done a base coat and a wash and already i'm loving the detail on these. Remind me of the 'good ol' days' of Games Workshop

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

Finished my Beastman this weekend. These miniatures are a joy to paint! really happy how he turned out:

Beastman1

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

Wow Thunderkill! That's amazing work!!

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Wow Thunderkill! That's amazing work!!
    thank you good sir!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    So excited! My order is in. Can't wait to start painting these - they're gonna look amazing in front of my Icon Heroes CG.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    It would. Unfortunately the ih castle is long out of production. I would hope for a reissue, but i think the company folded? Maybe if sales are good, Quest will consider taking up the banner?

But yeah if i had any of the castles, i'd scoop these up in a hot second, even faster if they're alcala influenced. A full Alcala Grayskull, snake mountain, etc and all warriors in miniature battle scale has long been a grail dream of mine. Somehow i don't think i'm alone.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; October 26, 2017 at 03:30pm.