Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quest Miniatures Showing Their MOTU Mini Line @ Powercon

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    It would. Unfortunately the ih castle is long out of production. I would hope for a reissue, but i think the company folded? Maybe if sales are good, Quest will consider taking up the banner?

But yeah if i had any of the castles, i'd scoop these up in a hot second, even faster if they're alcala influenced. A full Alcala Grayskull, snake mountain, etc and all warriors in miniature battle scale has long been a grail dream of mine. Somehow i don't think i'm alone.
    You're not alone at all mate I'd actually say though that the old vintage grayskull toy is probably closer to the size it should be for the miniatures, but that's just me. That said... I have a bunch of spare foam sitting in the garage... maybe time to make a diorama... >rubs hands together cackling maniacally<
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    As I get older--and have to deal with things like storage costs and such--I'm having a harder time justifying the larger scale playsets and toys, scale or not. I actually passed on the MOTUC Castle (though might have had something to do with a pending move than anything at the time) and missed the Matty super sale. And yet I picked up Point Dread. Where are my priorities? I'll be tempted by full-size Snake Mountain if-and-when it comes to pass, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't rather have another shot at the IH statues instead (or something similar). Those were just beautiful, more compact, and... I have a sore arse kicking myself for missing them.

I'm going to eventually wind up being the guy with the miniature model train / artillery / warhammer set in his basement / garage with conductor hat going "woo! woo!" or viking helmet plotting to overthrow Canada. There's something "neat" about being able to play Godzilla Risk with a whole province. *Bwahaha!*

Just finished my Teela from Quest Miniatures:

Teela 2

Just realized I need to tidy the line up by her thigh there, but other than that, she's done! Beautiful sculpt!

And Denny, nothing wrong with a basement full of wartorn battlefields matey
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    They look really cool, and they seem to be done in the FILMATION style which I like. However, I'm not sure I could paint well enough to do a decent job on such small figures.

Very nice, though.
    Always been my problem too. I'm not too shaby at painting figurines and I have some pieces I am not unproud of. However for something this specific and cool, yeah, I do not think my ability is up to task.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Just finished my Teela from Quest Miniatures:

Just realized I need to tidy the line up by her thigh there, but other than that, she's done! Beautiful sculpt!

And Denny, nothing wrong with a basement full of wartorn battlefields matey
    Very nice work. I Bought them back in Oct. But my wife made them be an Xmas present... So i just got them. Mine are getting prepped and ready to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by rollntider View Post
    Very nice work. I Bought them back in Oct. But my wife made them be an Xmas present... So i just got them. Mine are getting prepped and ready to paint.
    I still need to pick up some more. Make sure you post up some shots when they're done!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

Finished my Beastman this weekend. These miniatures are a joy to paint! really happy how he turned out:
    what color wash did you use?

what color wash did you use?
    I want to say that I used Carroburg Crimson wash (Games Workshop) for both the orange and red over their respective base colors before adding highlights in. I'll take a look when I get home tonight

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

I want to say that I used Carroburg Crimson wash (Games Workshop) for both the orange and red over their respective base colors before adding highlights in. I'll take a look when I get home tonight
    thanks got my orange base coat tonight, I finally got to prime them its been so cold here and finally warmed up this week.

Finished up the baddies

not the best painter, or photogapher

From what I can see, they look great! the pictures wouldn't enlarge when I clicked on them, but I like what I can see so far!!!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

From what I can see, they look great! the pictures wouldn't enlarge when I clicked on them, but I like what I can see so far!!!
    they are on post image, i thought it would take you to it. but now to get the good guys complete.