Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zodiac Signs ala POP/MOTU/NA etc by Niki

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Thank you, i can be impatient myself sometimes, thatīs why i want to finish it for myself as well. But donīt worry iīm not rushing, i want them all to look equally good.

And here is the second to last entry:

CAPRICORN

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...cornRamMan.jpg

Ibexī are known to be headstrong and use their horns for battles. When two male Ibex fight each other the run towards each other and when their horns hit the noise can be heard for miles up in the mountains. They are really strong. So there was no doubt whom i have to chose for that zodiac sign.

I took my favorite representation for him which is his early mini comics version. Where he was shown as a young headstrong warrior who was even taller than He-Man and as equally handsome. That color scheme just works for me and i always admired the way his armor was drawn and colored. The early mini comics had amazing artists.
    Again another nice entry. Yeah Ram Man of mini comics and filmation really are presented nicely which is dividing fans on whose version is better. Nice choice on going with the mini comics colors.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Thank you, i can be impatient myself sometimes, thatīs why i want to finish it for myself as well. But donīt worry iīm not rushing, i want them all to look equally good.

And here is the second to last entry:

CAPRICORN

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...cornRamMan.jpg

Ibexī are known to be headstrong and use their horns for battles. When two male Ibex fight each other the run towards each other and when their horns hit the noise can be heard for miles up in the mountains. They are really strong. So there was no doubt whom i have to chose for that zodiac sign.

I took my favorite representation for him which is his early mini comics version. Where he was shown as a young headstrong warrior who was even taller than He-Man and as equally handsome. That color scheme just works for me and i always admired the way his armor was drawn and colored. The early mini comics had amazing artists.

Another cool entry! I can't wait to see what's in store for the last Zodiac sign!!! Thank you Niki!!!
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Again another nice entry. Yeah Ram Man of mini comics and filmation really are presented nicely which is dividing fans on whose version is better. Nice choice on going with the mini comics colors.
    FILMATION Ram-Man is funny and almost cute but thatīs not my take on him or most MOTU/POP characters to be honest. Thatīs when i have choice i mostly choose from the mini comics and sometimes 200X but Ram-Mans MYP cartoon representation didīt win me over as well. I guess when it come stop him iīm really picky

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Another cool entry! I can't wait to see what's in store for the last Zodiac sign!!! Thank you Niki!!!
    Thank you. Iīm glad you like Ram-Man and well here it is the last entry:

AQUARIUS

The zodiac sign Aquarius is a tricky and complicated one. Most people assume it is one of the water signs but it is not itīs an air sign. So there was only one character who fits that profile a spaceship pilot wearing a scuba dive suit.

I took references from his action figure, the MOTUC figure and the mini comics. But i wanted to streamline him even further to give his outfit a regular scuba dive suit look. The only thing i really didn't like is that weird dome thing i simply ignored that

His color scheme reminded me of Gloria Baker from Mask. They used all the primary colors on her and for some reason on him as well.
    Last edited by Niki; July 30, 2018 at 03:49pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Very, very cool! I'm really enjoying these. Thank you for posting them!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Very, very cool! I'm really enjoying these. Thank you for posting them!
    I enjoyed doing them and i had fun finding ways to bring zodiac signs and the characters together
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I enjoyed doing them and i had fun finding ways to bring zodiac signs and the characters together
    Thanks sir

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Thanks sir
    As always you are more than welcome

As happy as i am that i finally finished all twelve of them iīm a little sad itīs done... itīs like finishing a good book the excitement how it will ends and once you read through it you are sad itīs already over!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    As always you are more than welcome

As happy as i am that i finally finished all twelve of them iīm a little sad itīs done... itīs like finishing a good book the excitement how it will ends and once you read through it you are sad itīs already over!
    Can we get some behind the scenes stuff and maybe some test stuff that you did? You know "Dvd extras"? That would be so cool to see your process. These would make a very interesting calender.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Hahahaha

Thatīs a funny idea and yes i can do that:

Let me start with scans. With some characters i have specific ideas how the should look and i draw them or their poses out of memory:

Drissi:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...scan_klein.jpg

But i wasnīt sure if i wanted her with her staff or without and so i gave myself both options.

Zodac:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok4/niki/im...scan_klein.jpg

I decided i want to give him that stockier look the early mini comic figures had and on that scan it shows how iīm not satisfied with my own stuff and iīm correcting my self with little arrows
    Plus with him iīm using the power of mirroring. Since he is drawn from the front i simply had to draw one leg and one arm and hand and the other i could copy paste and modify only a little bit.
    WOW! Drissi looks great here. She looks like she is wearing a more skintight outfit here instead of those layered robes. Well Mara did look better in the back half of NA, so maybe Drissi could use some "Battle Armor" as well. Love your choices of anatomy here for all of the ladies, Adora as well.

Do you maybe have some more riskay looking pictures for some of these ladies? Not X-Rated but maybe sexier than we usually see them drawn as?

And I know that I can Google "Rule 34" pics of the POP and MOTU cast for anyone that wants to be a smart aleck <--- wanted to use another word but forums would have sensored me anyway.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    WOW! Drissi looks great here. She looks like she is wearing a more skintight outfit here instead of those layered robes. Well Mara did look better in the back half of NA, so maybe Drissi could use some "Battle Armor" as well. Love your choices of anatomy here for all of the ladies, Adora as well.

Do you maybe have some more riskay looking pictures for some of these ladies? Not X-Rated but maybe sexier than we usually see them drawn as?

And I know that I can Google "Rule 34" pics of the POP and MOTU cast for anyone that wants to be a smart aleck

Hahahaha no, i donīt draw women in bikinis or stuff like that. Not my thing. The slave girl from the snake men is wearing basically a bikini and even her i drew with even more fabric. But here is the link if you want to check her out:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3054293

And regarding Drissi in a more armored outfit, i can help you with that. I gave her such an outfit but still a lot of pink and a skirt:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...escue-Fighters

Niki, nice slave girl art.

Those are interesting techniques @Niki
    But the real question is, what is the next motu/pop project?

I love these so much, they're so cool and thoughtful! I think Scorpio is my favorite, but I'm biased as a big Scorpia fan
    Nice work!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by hectorkur View Post
    I love these so much, they're so cool and thoughtful! I think Scorpio is my favorite, but I'm biased as a big Scorpia fan
    Nice work!
    Thank you, iīm glad you like and enjoyed them. And being biased when it comes to Scorpia is absolutely okay if you ask me