Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Star Wars in Trouble?

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    That's all well and good if you create new material that's a hit with the fans. Instead we got Episodes I, II, and III

I guess for me it's like this: what if suddenly He-man and MOTU took off in popularity. How many of us would be happy if they decided to use the Bio's created for the Classics line as the "official" canon?

Listen Dice people don't care about history of a character they see something for the first time and they say that's it and have NO idea about that character's background nor do they care or they change their race,sexual orientation,age to please people instead of using creating new one's...and here's a little tidbit (It relates to Marvel) if you changed black panther to the white panther it would be an uproar but you can change a white character into something else and it should be accepted because the general "masses" that only watch and to lazy to do research don't care...Hey I got an idea since millions of people LOVE the Walking Dead maybe we can bring back of the dead characters as Zombies.....That would be SO COOL!!!! or maybe bring Luke to Earth and make him get a real job at an office that would be cool too because that's what the "Fairweather" fans want because it's what those people that don't really follow or know (or care)about the property thinks...

They're going to PC all the things that are cool just to please the moron that spends $10 to watch the movie once...Instead of the person that actually spending time and money investing in it because they ARE the real fan..

And anyone that watches just the movies good for you but the story has been and will be told thru other materials besides the movies so don't get mad and want to put someone down just because "you don't like it" fine but your wrong and more people spend time doing research they might chance their mind but HIGHLY doubtful...
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 15, 2017 at 04:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Listen Dice people don't care about history of a character they see something for the first time and they say that's it and have NO idea about that character's background nor do they care or they change their race,sexual orientation,age to please people instead of using creating new one's...and here's a little tidbit (It relates to Marvel) if you changed black panther to the white panther it would be an uproar but you can change a white character into something else and it should be accepted because the general "masses" that only watch and to lazy to do research don't care...Hey I got an idea since millions of people LOVE the Walking Dead maybe we can bring back of the dead characters as Zombies.....That would be SO COOL!!!! or maybe bring Luke to Earth and make him get a real job at an office that would be cool too because that's what the "Fairweather" fans want because it's what those people that don't really follow or know (or care)about the property thinks...

They're going to PC all the things that are cool just to please the moron that spends $10 to watch the movie once...Instead of the person that actually spending time and money investing in it because they ARE the real fan..
    Well that applies to a lot of things these days, not just movies.

At the end of the day, I still enjoyed the two latest movies and think it's ok for them to do certain things to reach a bigger fan base. I don't think the franchise is in trouble at all.

But I still hate Eps 1-3

But I still hate Eps 1-3
    Well, apparently you're a fairweather fan . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

Master of New Adventures!
    To respond to the question of the thread, we should all only be in the kind of trouble Star Wars is in.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    "Hey I got an idea since millions of people LOVE the Walking Dead maybe we can bring back of the dead characters as Zombies.....That would be SO COOL!!!!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Don't worry too much about Star Wars being in trouble. The franchise has generated over $40 billion in revenues over its respectable 40-year life span. If it dies tomorrow -- which it surely won't -- then everyone associated with it will ride off into the sunset as pretty happy campers.

Heroic Warrior
    That's all well and good if you create new material that's a hit with the fans. Instead we got Episodes I, II, and III

I guess for me it's like this: what if suddenly He-man and MOTU took off in popularity. How many of us would be happy if they decided to use the Bio's created for the Classics line as the "official" canon?
    I don't know... The classic bios were really hit and miss and the fans are very torn on them. I think a lot of people would be happy and a lot of people would be mad... Personally, I liked the idea of trying to combine the different canon, but felt the execution was really bad.

I think 200x is a pretty good example. They named it after the 80's show, they referenced the original show in the opening credits... but then they threw in the stupid Keldor stuff and didn't reference earth and the goofy desponos prison dimension stuff... They took the entire She-ra premise and really screwed it up to where it wouldn't even have worked in 200x... But it was a different take that a lot of fans liked while a lot of other fans disliked...

Btw, my referencing revenues generated by the franchise is not meant to say only those that were involved in production are happy campers. Rather it's a marker also for how many countless millions of people worldwide enjoyed the films, the toys, the games, the lunch buckets. Unlike the dollar revenues, the pleasure, excitement, smiles and -- yes -- laughter the franchise brought globally is immeasurable. Did it do everything right? Of course not. Will it make mistakes in the future? Surely. But with that kind of legacy, Star Wars can never truly be "in trouble." Rather, it belongs to the ages. It is eternal. And we who were fortunate enough to have lined up outside the Mann's Chinese Theater in a line that stretched into forever, were blessed beyond measure to see the birth of true genius...and by that time first film was over, we knew it. "In trouble"? In the grand picture, over the vast expanse of time, I don't think so.

And oh, by the way, "Yes, Shredder...there is a Santa Claus."
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 15, 2017 at 08:15pm.

Well maybe people should just accept that Star Wars are more than just movies instead of picking and choosing what to react to...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Well maybe people should just accept that Star Wars are more than just movies instead of picking and choosing what to react to...
    This, this.

Be glad that we have it, for our lives would surely be less without it.

Star Wars movies will probably always make a lot of money for the most part, especially an "Episode" movie. Will Lucasfilms ever get a bit more daring like make an Ahsoka Tano movie or an R rated movie or something like that which won't be a guarantee to make as much money as the others? I think Lucasfilms/Disney are making better movies now with minimal George Lucas involvement compared to Lucas' prequels (which I also liked), although there does appear to be that pc-ness and trying to play it safe.

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    This, this.

Be glad that we have it, for our lives would surely be less without it.
    if the quality gets worse and worse, i'd be happy with what we have rather than seeing it degrade

Heroic Warrior
    If Star Wars can survive Episodes 1-3, it can survive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    If Star Wars can survive Episodes 1-3, it can survive anything.
    Forget the prequels, Star Wars survived that Holiday Special back when it only had one movie to its credit (and then those Ewok movies, but I liked those back in the day).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Forget the prequels, Star Wars survived that Holiday Special back when it only had one movie to its credit (and then those Ewok movies, but I liked those back in the day).
    Yea the Holiday special the only thing good from that was the cartoon that introduced Boba Fett...How many of the prequels haters have actually seen the holiday special? probably none it's embedded in my head since I was 8.... that WAS bad...

Widget
    Stars wars may be okay ,I feel before you can criticize Star Wars' Future. You have to be honest about its past, Star Wars has been creatively bankrupt since 1983.Star Wars was also placed on a pedestal by fans for generations may be.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Hey that Holiday Special gave us not only Boba Fett but also a musical number by Bea Arthur and introduced us to Chewey's really creepy grandpa. And those Ewok movies rocked! Star crusiser....crash!

Then again I also liked the cartoons for Ewoks and Droids. What I didn't enjoy was a lot of the books....they were just too hit or miss. I bought a few and read that them but I didn't enjoy most of them so I stopped. Besides George always said the only real canon was the movies. Thats where I devote my resources, fandom, and thousands of dolars in collectibles. To stuff thats actually canon. I'm OK with that. Although I would like to see Mara Jade become canon and not legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Star Wars movies will probably always make a lot of money for the most part, especially an "Episode" movie. Will Lucasfilms ever get a bit more daring like make an Ahsoka Tano movie or an R rated movie or something like that which won't be a guarantee to make as much money as the others? I think Lucasfilms/Disney are making better movies now with minimal George Lucas involvement compared to Lucas' prequels (which I also liked), although there does appear to be that pc-ness and trying to play it safe.
    I hope we never get an Ashoka movie....she's the reason I hated the clone wars and stopped watching them. Worst character since Jar Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    To respond to the question of the thread, we should all only be in the kind of trouble Star Wars is in.
    This kind of response is what lots of boards have a like button for.

And given that Star Wars seems to be off an running with building a whole new generation of fans when so many other properties have struggled with that very problem to maintain their relevancy, no Star Wars isn't in any trouble at all.

Thank you for making my night after a sixteen-hour day of work.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    This kind of response is what lots of boards have a like button for.

And given that Star Wars seems to be off an running with building a whole new generation of fans when so many other properties have struggled with that very problem to maintain their relevancy, no Star Wars isn't in any trouble at all.