Thread: Power-Con - IF YOU PURCHASED COMIC STRIP PROOF SHEETS PLEASE READ

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Power-Con - IF YOU PURCHASED COMIC STRIP PROOF SHEETS PLEASE READ

IF YOU PURCHASED COMIC STRIP PROOF SHEETS PLEASE READ...

**UPDATE: 2 PROOF SHEETS OF LOST STRIPS STILL NEEDED - WE ONLY NEED SCANS. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU BOUGHT ANY STRIP SHEETS AT POWER-CON**

It was amazing seeing so many old friends this past weekend, and it was great meeting many new friends as well!

I'm putting out an APB here. If you purchased He-Man comic strip proofs from Chris Weber and Karen Willson, please PM me or post here. Chris and Karen recently found a stack of proof sheets from the comic strip syndicate which they mistakenly believed came from the early part of the strip's run. As I discovered when I went to their table, these proofs are actually weekday strips from the final months of the strip's run. I instantly spotted several strips we were MISSING from the recent Dark Horse book!! :O

While the proceeds from the sales are going to a great cause (hurricane relief), it turns out that several of the proof sheets sold most likely contain a good chunk of the long-lost missing strips. Luckily, I was able to retrieve 12 of the missing strips (out of 35) from the unsold pile.

I'm quite certain that the bulk of the other missing dailies were sold to fans this past weekend. Obviously, they are yours to keep if you bought them BUT we really need scans of these if they're among the lost strips. I can handle everything and compensate you for any inconvenience, but if you purchased any of these please, PLEASE take a snapshot so I can check if they're missing from the book. It would mean a lot to me, to all the creators who worked on this strip 30 years ago, and to all of us who worked on the Dark Horse book.

As of now, there are 23 missing strips out there and I'm pretty sure most of those were sold over the weekend.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; September 13, 2017 at 08:31am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Incredible find, Danielle! And just after you and I had a conversation about this very thing when I brought my kids over to meet you.

Unfortunately, the ones we picked up aren't some of the ones you are looking for. I was able to locate each of the ones we picked up in the Dark Horse book.

I wish I had some treasures for you. Nice work on pulling some of them out. I hope you are able to get hold of the others and they don't continue to elude you.

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

I hope you recover them! It was exciting and sad to hear at the panel that they have inadvertently slipped through your hands, but hopefully fans will do the right thing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

WOW excellent find Danielle! I cant believe after all your searching that they were with Chris Weber and Karen Willson all along. I hope you're able to find the ones that were sold. This needs to posted to the main site news page and on FB!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Hey Danielle,

What do you think the odds are that dark horse would republish the book with all the missing strips? I would gladly buy it again if it all the missing strips were included. Even if it wasn't all the missing strips.

Widget
    Hopefully this announcement can be posted on the main He-Man.Org home page to maximize it's exposure.
    I also wonder if there is a master email list of people who purchased tickets to or exclusives (like action figures) at the Con. It would be a shame for these strips to go missing again if there is even a slight chance to get the word out and catch everyone who purchased them.

Best wishes on finding the other strips.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Heroic Warrior
    My buddy bought 1 strip but I was able to find the part in the book - though the art is different

IMG_6720.jpgIMG_6717.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Powersword123; September 11, 2017 at 11:45pm.

Oh man, that's so cool that you found them but excruciating that some of them escaped before you found out! Really hope you can track them all down and plug in the missing pieces! Best of luck!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2019!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Power-Con - IF YOU PURCHASED COMIC STRIP PROOF SHEETS PLEASE READ

Thanks guys. Let's hope someone steps forward. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword1233746881
    My buddy bought 1 strip but I was able to find the part in the book - though the art is different
    Thanks for sharing the pic! That's a really cool purchase for your buddy. This is some of the original artwork Gerald was selling. Looks like he re-drew it for the final published strip, so that makes this original piece extra unique!

What I'm looking for are proof sheets. This one shows some of the previously missing strips I found on Chris & Karen's table.
    IMG_1921.JPG

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; September 12, 2017 at 01:27am.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Whoa, I didn't even know they had these for sale, that's awesome! Did they have any King Hiss comics for sale, and what was the price range? Thanks!

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Oh wow! Quite the astounding news.

Hopefully all those who purchased art will see this plea.

All and all sounds exciting that some if not all remaining strips might be found!
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Hopefully, these get found. I'd definitely buy a second printing of the book if all missing strips were found. Out of the panels I missed at Power-Con, this is the one I regret missing the most (no panels breaks this year, so I had to skip it for lunch). Hopefully, the panel gets posted on youtube at some point.

UPDATE: Stephen Giblin aka the most awesome fan in the world, has stepped up and it turns out that he has one of the lost weeks!
    He has the week that'd go on pages 485-486 of the book. Stephen and I are making arrangements now.

This means we now have 18 of the missing weekday strips.
    We are still missing 12 weekdays = two proof sheets. Someone at Power-Con got them, and they are out there somewhere. Please guys, all I need are scans. You keep the originals. Thanks again to Stephen!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; September 12, 2017 at 04:24pm.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    UPDATE: Stephen Giblin aka the most awesome fan in the world, has stepped up and it turns out that he has one of the lost weeks!
    He has the week that'd go on pages 485-486 of the book. Stephen and I are making arrangements now.

We are still missing 12 weekdays = two proof sheets. Someone at Power-Con got them, and they are out there somewhere. Please guys, all I need are scans. You keep the originals. Thanks again to Stephen!
    Awesome!
    How amazing it would be to complete the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

Awesome!
    How amazing it would be to complete the book!

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post

Unfortunately, the ones we picked up aren't some of the ones you are looking for. I was able to locate each of the ones we picked up in the Dark Horse book.

Thank you so much for checking!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Great news! I'm sure it will reach whoever bought the remaining missing ones. Soon, hopefully!

this is exciting! Also, I would love to buy an insert for missing strips, or a label sheet of sticky to place on the placeholder gray descriptive parts, like in a sticker book

It would be interesting if all the strips were found and an updated Newspaper Comic Strips book were published.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png