Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave 2 MOTUC CC & CG (2018 Wave 1) Pre-Order information & discussion

4H posted an update on Instagram:

briancharlesrooney@four_horsemen_studios is that extra Teela head an extra inclusion with Filmation Teela to correct Point Dread Teela's head??? ��

four_horsemen_studios@briancharlesrooney unfortunately, no it's not. We brought the Point Dread version in to compare with the new one. (That's what you see on the table) Luckily we can say that the Filmation version looks much better. If we can get the plastic and paint issues corrected she should look like the original paint master.

woodland5546You stated for teela If we can get the plastic and paint issues corrected she should look like the original paint master. Does his apply to all of the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull wave one figures bout the Plastic? I have only seen pictures of these from Powercon but those that saw them up close in person say The plastic seems almost translucenteven on Hordak. the other concern I read about was that The new Super7 factory went with a very wide crotch piece on the figures. Is this also being worked out so that the smaller crotch were all used to will be used on wave one figures and going forward with wave two?

four_horsemen_studios@woodland5546 Yes, both the plastic and wide crotch are being discussed as a general issue on all figures. We are giving suggestions from our end, but we aren't sure when they will be implemented. (Much of that depends on how far into production the current wave of figures are )
    Apparently the wide crotch piece will not be fixed in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I thought they said they were going to classicize Dylamug some more and add some extra details so he fits in better with the Classics line. Has there been any update on that?
    Yes I'd like to know exactly what I'm pre-ordering before the sale opens... Maybe they will put final prototype images up when the pre-order sale begins?

As for the QC and plastic quality issues, I'll likely be ordering much less this round as the quality does have me worried. I might actually order from BBTS instead so I have the option to cancel the order if the quality issues don't get fixed
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    4H posted an update on Instagram:

Apparently the wide crotch piece will not be fixed in the short term.
    That's how it sounded to me as well.

I also do not understand how they plan on fixing all these issues IF any in time!

In the interview with guys on the couch it sounded to me that Brian Flynn spoke about the upcoming wave as being as good as on the boat, planned to be at Super 7 in October.

Now Mattel said, a figure being 2 years in the making from scratch to being in fan's hands, I do not believe that either the FH nor Super 7 are able to fix these issues before a planned shipping in October.

If the wave gets postponed that would be a different story.

I also read on the German boards of planeteternia.de that customers have heaps of trouble with receiving answers from Super 7 after customer complaints via e-mail and fans having difficulties with their exchanges and customs due to wrong labelling on Super 7's part...

Oh oh oh....not the best start, but I cross fingers that they can hold the line alive and work out all issues.

Again, communication is the key...
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 21, 2017 at 04:12pm.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Too soon. They launched the line with 14 new figures, which unless you attended Power-con we don't have any of in hand yet.

Really have to think about it before paying for any more of these without having anything in hand yet.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

I'm in it for Wraptrap and Karg. Granita -- maybe. Dylamug -- no interest, bound for eBay. No interest in the Filmation style figures (categorically so, nothing about these in particular).

I'm more than a bit thrown off by the idea of pre-ordering this wave before I've received the first, but not enough to prevent me from ordering on the notion of supporting the continuation of the line.

As for concerns over quality of the figures, etc. I reserve final judgement until I have them in-hand for myself. As such (and as above), it is worrisome to put out the cash for wave 2 before I can assess the quality of wave 1, but for at least this particular leap, I'm willing to make it a leap of faith. The quality of the Ultimates I've received are enough to close that gap for me, for now (although, of course, I realize the change in factory between those and what's to come).

Long live MOTUC!
    Last edited by The Timeless One; September 21, 2017 at 04:18pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Yeah, prob gonna order the the CGs, but would have been 100 times happier if I could've had the outstanding wave in hand first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These figures are a fantastic lineup! Looking forward to the first waves coming out and to these being ordered!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I would like to be very happy but just feel worrying about the quality of these figures.
    I usually easily trust in those kind of preorders but with the quality problems with the powercon figures, I think I'll wait to see the first new plastic tooling figures.
    Very sad about that feeling .

Heroic Warrior
    looking forward to the Sorceress. Though I wouls like to pick the ones I want but I my go all in for these.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    I would like to be very happy but just feel worrying about the quality of these figures.
    I usually easily trust in those kind of preorders but with the quality problems with the powercon figures, I think I'll wait to see the first new plastic tooling figures.
    Very sad about that feeling .
    What you are saying is problematic and Super7 has to announce something to reassure us about that.
    I think we are all right with a delay in shipping in order to fix all the bugs.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I already know I'm all in for the Collector's Choice and most likely Club Grayskull too.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I already know I'm all in for the Collector's Choice and most likely Club Grayskull too.
    So i am!
    i'm definitely overjoyed to have the opportunity to collect so much through the licence.

It never happened in the past as it probably won't ever again once the Classics line ends its journey.
    So, it is enough to forget about what i consider to be small details in comparison.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Anyone who actually orders these new waves only has themselves to blame when they wind up with a bunch of inferior crap in hand, half way through 2018.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    The quality of the Ultimates I've received are enough to close that gap for me, for now (although, of course, I realize the change in factory between those and what's to come).
    Up until now, I had no worries about the factory change, as I've gotten S7 product before and never had any problems with the quality of materials (something I've mentioned on the boards many times). I assumed they were switching to the factory they usually work with, and everything I've gotten up to now has been made from decent,strong plastic no different than what I find in other lines. But nothing I have from them looks quite like the plastic I'm seeing in photos of the con figures so far, and that's what worries me a bit. If they could simply say it's the same grade of plastic they made the Alien retro figures from, I'd feel much more at ease.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    It's an unfortunate learning curve when you change factories. I've made all sorts of stuff in china over the years and it happens no matter what you are making, and these are pretty complex as far as the assembly, paint apps, different plastics, etc. I was really nervous when I heard of the factory switch for that very reason. I have no doubt it will get figured out, but there's going to be a learning curve as always, which means we may be unhappy with some stuff. It's a bummer.

So, I'm curious. I didn't see this in another thread. If I missed it, someone please point it out to me so I can feel bad for not finding it.

But, what is it about the crotch assembly some of you don't like?
    Having the PC 3-packs in-hand, I'm not bothered by anything I see. So would someone post a visual example of what it is you don't like? Maybe even a comparison about what you'd like to see VS what we have in the 3-packs, and an explanation of why you prefer one over another?

Thanks!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So, I'm curious. I didn't see this in another thread. If I missed it, someone please point it out to me so I can feel bad for not finding it.

Having the PC 3-packs in-hand, I'm not bothered by anything I see. So would someone post a visual example of what it is you don't like? Maybe even a comparison about what you'd like to see VS what we have in the 3-packs, and an explanation of why you prefer one over another?

Thanks!!
    You heard it people! Val says start posting pictures of the problems you're having with your crotches! You know, now that I'm reading that back...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!
    It's not obvious? The wide piece aesthetically it doesn't look good, it separates the legs, widens the hips, leaves exposed the joints and the crotch (on Tri-klops nor has the correct color, looks like their balls), in female figures looks even worse.
    They showed me a prototype with the right piece, I bought that. They must have kept the piece, because they were designed like this, not back to 2008, the mistake was corrected at that time, the bad engineering didn't have to return 10 years later.

wide-crotch.jpg

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Thanks!!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1505170305

This is the pic I think most are referring to, showing that the new figures have the wider crotch piece used early in the Classics line as opposed to the slimmer version of later figures. Makes the legs jut out on the sides.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Looks like I'll be hunting up Dylamug and Tung Lashor for my Horde collection. Not sure about Wrap Trap, have never heard of him before
    I am Imp's number one fan.

In general, I don't think they're horrible, but when the pictures of the finished PowerCon figures emerged along with the first round of CG completed figures, I will say my eyes immediately went to "why do their legs look so funky?" So it is definitely noticeable.

For me, the main issue is that the hips are wider than intended, so the waist now looks too small, so there just seems to be a disconnect between the flow of the bottom of the figure into the top. The hip ball joints stick out more and are more noticeable, so much so that at first I thought they had changed how the joint worked and was built. I had to go look at my other figures to see if that's how the hip ball joints worked...and it is, but because the thigh/hips lines correctly flow into the hip/waist lines a lot of the engineering is hidden from the front and I agree is more ascetically appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, looking a little more closely at some of these pictures from the other thread (link to Oz-Scott's photos), I think it may be partly that the ball joints are further apart than they used to be, and partly that they are further below the belt, too. It used to be that they were mostly hidden by loin cloths. Now, not so much.

It's not obvious? The wide piece aesthetically it doesn't look good, it separates the legs, widens the hips, leaves exposed the joints and the crotch (on Tri-klops nor has the correct color, looks like their balls), in female figures looks even worse.
    They showed me a prototype with the right piece, I bought that. They must have kept the piece, because they were designed like this, not back to 2008, the mistake was corrected at that time, the bad engineering didn't have to return 10 years later.

wide-crotch.jpg
    Wow!!!!
    Those hips look even WORSE than I thought!!! Especially Man-at-arms!! simply unacceptable for the amount of cash these cost. The line needs to be delayed to insure this is fixed!

wide-crotch.jpg
    The thin and limp plastic and shoddy paint was obvious on the figures immediately when in hand. The hard plastic was revealed as soon as I attempted to remove the heads. The legs sticking out was obvious right away. What I didn't realize was it was because of the wide crotch piece. I thought it was just poor manufacturing, it was only when someone pointed out the engineering issue with the wide crotch that I understood why. The figures missing foot pegs was something I missed at first, but was pointed out here, as well.
    Last edited by Uncle Jake; September 22, 2017 at 09:11pm.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

I see what some of you are talking about now. Thanks for the photos and posting feedback!

While it doesn't bother me, I get why there are those of you don't like it. But, since we know the 4H and Super7 are reviewing it and working to improve it, I feel good about them continuing to dial things in and address those issues.

--------------------

From Super7 below.
    Click here to see the original post.

"Super7 is excited to announce the next wave of the Masters of the Universe Classics Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull figures! The line of deluxe 7-inch action figures continues with 8 new characters that have once again been sculpted by the inimitable Four Horsemen.

The new Masters of the Universe Classics assortment includes (some accessories not shown):

MOTUC COLLECTOR'S CHOICE 2018 WAVE 1

• Dylamug: The evil robotic Horde Trooper comes with Incineration Blast.

• Granita: The superhuman heroine of the Rock People arrives with her Refraction Laser at the ready.

• Karg: The ghoulish commander of Skeletor's army comes armed with Crucia - The Dagger of Agony and a Fleshburner Laser Gun.

• Wrap Trap: The cursed undead creature emerges from the eons with the Khopesh of Kartan and Necrobow.

MOTUC CLUB GRAYSKULL 2018 WAVE 1

• Man-E-Faces: The redeemed member of the Heroic Warriors comes equipped with an MT-83 Laser Gun.

• Mer-Man: The amphibious servant of Skeletor arrives armed with his Spear of Bakull, Sword of Rakash, and Freeze Ray Gun.

• Sorceress: The powerful protector of Eternia and the secrets of Grayskull.

• Tung Lashor: The venomous member of the Evil Horde is equipped with a Horde Issue Jet Pack.

The pre-sale for these newest additions to the MOTU lineup will go live on Monday, October 2nd. Stay tuned for order details!"
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Too soon. They launched the line with 14 new figures, which unless you attended Power-con we don't have any of in hand yet.

Really have to think about it before paying for any more of these without having anything in hand yet.
    I completely agree. And, I also think that it's a bit arrogant on Super7's behalf to announce another pre-order for figures that we will not see for a long time while not addressing the issues that are quite apparent with the figures we have yet to receive! (And have already PAID for!)

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Up until now, I had no worries about the factory change, as I've gotten S7 product before and never had any problems with the quality of materials (something I've mentioned on the boards many times). I assumed they were switching to the factory they usually work with, and everything I've gotten up to now has been made from decent,strong plastic no different than what I find in other lines. But nothing I have from them looks quite like the plastic I'm seeing in photos of the con figures so far, and that's what worries me a bit. If they could simply say it's the same grade of plastic they made the Alien retro figures from, I'd feel much more at ease.
    I don't know all of the logistics that go into it, but why can't they manufacture the new MOTUC figures using the same factories that the 4H use for their Mythic Legions, Seventh Kingdom, Gothtropolis, etc.??

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Wow!!!!
    Those hips look even WORSE than I thought!!! Especially Man-at-arms!! simply unacceptable for the amount of cash these cost. The line needs to be delayed to insure this is fixed!
    This would be the BEST solution.

Even though we already paid for them, we also want figures that are of the best possible quality... (or, at least, the same quality as Mattel's MOTUC...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!