Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave 2 MOTUC CC & CG (2018 Wave 1) Pre-Order information & discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I see what some of you are talking about now. Thanks for the photos and posting feedback!

While it doesn't bother me, I get why there are those of you don't like it. But, since we know the 4H and Super7 are reviewing it and working to improve it, I feel good about them continuing to dial things in and address those issues.
    The FH said this to a user on instagram:

woodland5546You stated for teela If we can get the plastic and paint issues corrected she should look like the original paint master. Does his apply to all of the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull wave one figures bout the Plastic? I have only seen pictures of these from Powercon but those that saw them up close in person say The plastic seems almost translucenteven on Hordak. the other concern I read about was that The new Super7 factory went with a very wide crotch piece on the figures. Is this also being worked out so that the smaller crotch were all used to will be used on wave one figures and going forward with wave two?

four_horsemen_studios@woodland5546 Yes, both the plastic and wide crotch are being discussed as a general issue on all figures. We are giving suggestions from our end, but we aren't sure when they will be implemented. (Much of that depends on how far into production the current wave of figures are )

woodland5546Oh ok, maybe I misunderstood your original statement of We are checking these over and trying to help work out all of the bugs before these go into full production. I hought these were not going into production yet until you worked out as many of the bugs as possible. I'll be honest most of us don't mind the CC & CG wave one figures get delayed longer in order to get the plastic, the crotch section and paint right with the figures.
    Surely they will not fix the crotch problem in the short term, if not until the next wave and we have not had any concrete response from Brian Flynn so far, I think it's a bad time to announce another pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I completely agree. And, I also think that it's a bit arrogant on Super7's behalf to announce another pre-order for figures that we will not see for a long time while not addressing the issues that are quite apparent with the figures we have yet to receive! (And have already PAID for!)
    I agree, too.

I don't know all of the logistics that go into it, but why can't they manufacture the new MOTUC figures using the same factories that the 4H use for their Mythic Legions, Seventh Kingdom, Gothtropolis, etc.??
    I have asked the same thing in other threads of the forum, I think it's a terrible mistake, it's not time to experiment, the FH factories are the best option, unless they are opting to lower costs.

This would be the BEST solution.

Even though we already paid for them, we also want figures that are of the best possible quality... (or, at least, the same quality as Mattel's MOTUC...)
    That's right, I also prefer to wait longer, than to receive figures of inferior quality.

Im really diggin Granita, Wraptrap, Dylamug and the Sorceress.

Im in!

Heroic Warrior
    If they can figure out how to make Sorceress's wings look better than the MOTUC version, I may just order the Club Grayskull set in addition to Classics and replace my Classics version with her.

As Tongue Lasher is different enough from the Classics version, he can be a unique Horde Character.

Wonder if Dylamug is final?
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I really like the look of all the releases.
    I'm not a big fan of the Filmation line, but your can't go wrong with that Mer-Man.
    And Tung-Lashor is definitely one of those characters that deserves his Filmation look preserved in plastic.

Collectors Choice just goes from strength to strength.
    All the characters I wanted to see, and all the characters I didn't know I wanted to see until I saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I really like the look of all the releases.
    I'm not a big fan of the Filmation line, but your can't go wrong with that Mer-Man.
    And Tung-Lashor is definitely one of those characters that deserves his Filmation look preserved in plastic.

Collectors Choice just goes from strength to strength.
    All the characters I wanted to see, and all the characters I didn't know I wanted to see until I saw them.
    I agree. Filmation Sorceress alone has me excited, and Filmation Mer-man looks really awesome too.

I think all this worrying about the Power - Con Display of the figures is maybe overblown. And I understand a bit of it. I saw one group of photos that was lit really badly and also assumed that there was something seriously wrong . BUT---- when I compared them against other photos and Pixel Dans walk through , it was pretty obvious the majority of issues seemed to be caused by the lighting in ONE batch of photos.

Granted , some things, like Teelas paint and the wide crotch piece, I'm glad the 4 horsemen are looking at . But , I was completely surprised how one bad batch of photos could create the illusion that the figures were skinny, stretched out, plastic looked odd, ...things like that.

I think Super 7 had a bit of a learning curve with picking the line up, but I do not think those bad photos from Power-con are indicative of a serious problem. Especially when I can compare it to other photos and Dans walk through at that very same PC and see huge differences.
    Last edited by ksharpe; September 23, 2017 at 06:45am.

That Dylamug really needs to be updated. He looks horribly out of place. At the very LEAST I hope they update his Horde symbol to the correct one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    That Dylamug really needs to be updated. He looks horribly out of place. At the very LEAST I hope they update his Horde symbol to the correct one.
    If you feel that way, post your constructive thoughts where they'll see it. Definitely let them know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    He already has the correct one based on the source material I'm ok with an extra alternate option but I do not want the correct one completely replacing
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    So i am!
    i'm definitely overjoyed to have the opportunity to collect so much through the licence.

It never happened in the past as it probably won't ever again once the Classics line ends its journey.
    So, it is enough to forget about what i consider to be small details in comparison.
    I agree. So far, this has been the most complete and comprehensive line of MOTU ever and I love it!!
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

I can't believe that there is still no mention of any accessories coming with the Sorceress figure when all the other figures accessories were mentioned. She should come with something like extra set of swappable hands or her staff, even the Kuduk Ungle head....Something

MOTUC COLLECTOR'S CHOICE 2018 WAVE 1

• Dylamug: The evil robotic Horde Trooper comes with Incineration Blast.
    • Granita: The superhuman heroine of the Rock People arrives with her Refraction Laser at the ready.
    • Karg: The ghoulish commander of Skeletor's army comes armed with Crucia - The Dagger of Agony and a Fleshburner Laser Gun.
    • Wrap Trap: The cursed undead creature emerges from the eons with the Khopesh of Kartan and Necrobow.

MOTUC CLUB GRAYSKULL 2018 WAVE 1

• Man-E-Faces: The redeemed member of the Heroic Warriors comes equipped with an MT-83 Laser Gun.
    • Mer-Man: The amphibious servant of Skeletor arrives armed with his Spear of Bakull, Sword of Rakash, and Freeze Ray Gun.
    • Sorceress: The powerful protector of Eternia and the secrets of Grayskull.
    • Tung Lashor: The venomous member of the Evil Horde is equipped with a Horde Issue Jet Pack.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I think there might be some extra Sorceress info coming. That's my guess anyway.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

any word on how Dylamug will be articulated aside from his face?

The 4H have just posted an image of Man At Arms on instagram, I'm convinced that they will not fix the issues of the wide crotch and the hard-shiny plastic, Super7 still doesn't say anything about it.

four_horsemen_studiosMan at Arms pre production sample! Aside from a few minor issues (wide crotch/shiny plastic) this guy is looking great!
    21985301_375496212869971_4731912486733742080_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    The 4H have just posted an image of Man At Arms on instagram, I'm convinced that they will not fix the issues of the wide crotch and the hard-shiny plastic, Super7 still doesn't say anything about it.

Kind of hard to read into this post. I can't tell if they are implying these minor issues will be fixed or not. When I first read it, it sounded like they would be fixed since they're pre-production samples. And honestly, I really don't mind the wider crotch. Seems to me like it allows them a wider range of poses.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by nickdoobs; September 25, 2017 at 03:45pm.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

But surely 4H and Super7 are communicating with each other on this. I really doubt that these posts are just popping up without Super7 being involved in the background.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

I hope that is not the case and they will do something before to start the production. I really hope that's only a sample, because the figure is so awesome that would be lame to ruin it because of such small bugs...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

What is an eyesore for me is the top of the legs "sticking out" with the ball joints clearly visible. It makes it appear as if these (and the Power Con figures) are wearing leg guards of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    He already has the correct one based on the source material I'm ok with an extra alternate option but I do not want the correct one completely replacing
    I understand why this would be problematic for some - but because Dylamug is being included in the Collector's Choice wave and not the Greyskull wave - the design needs to be "classicized" to fit in, which would likely include using a Horde Symbol more in line with the rest of the Classics design. If the figure were part of Club Greyskull then accuracy to the cartoon should be paramount, but I agree with the first poster that ti should come with a more classics style Horde Symbol. I don't want or need any of the toon accurate figures from Club Greyskull, so in buying in to Collector's Choice I want my figures to fit the Classics asthetic. I was already disappointed that the upcoming Hawke/Delora figure didn't get more "classicized" to be part of the CC wave.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I understand why this would be problematic for some - but because Dylamug is being included in the Collector's Choice wave and not the Greyskull wave - the design needs to be "classicized" to fit in, which would likely include using a Horde Symbol more in line with the rest of the Classics design. If the figure were part of Club Greyskull then accuracy to the cartoon should be paramount, but I agree with the first poster that ti should come with a more classics style Horde Symbol. I don't want or need any of the toon accurate figures from Club Greyskull, so in buying in to Collector's Choice I want my figures to fit the Classics asthetic. I was already disappointed that the upcoming Hawke/Delora figure didn't get more "classicized" to be part of the CC wave.
    Definitely let Super 7 know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Perhaps some one can add clarity to this, but why does it ALWAYS seem that these "samples" are in the hand at a stage in which production has already begun and nothing can be done?

Are they supposed to be some cruel joke that the manufacturer sends essentially saying..."Hahah...look at what we're giving you...Like it or not."

Isn't the point of it "supposed" to be more along the lines of, hey.....this is what's "about" to go in to production...let us know if there needs to be any changes.....

We ALWAYS seem to be in the boat of seeing this stuff AFTER the fact which really makes no sense. Why even bother sending the samples period if nothing can be done at that point? What's the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Perhaps some one can add clarity to this, but why does it ALWAYS seem that these "samples" are in the hand at a stage in which production has already begun and nothing can be done?

Are they supposed to be some cruel joke that the manufacturer sends essentially saying..."Hahah...look at what we're giving you...Like it or not."

Isn't the point of it "supposed" to be more along the lines of, hey.....this is what's "about" to go in to production...let us know if there needs to be any changes.....

We ALWAYS seem to be in the boat of seeing this stuff AFTER the fact which really makes no sense. Why even bother sending the samples period if nothing can be done at that point? What's the purpose?
    Honestly it's frustrating, many of us want these figures, we wait for 30 years.
    When Mattel release the line CG, they gave us those horrible ankles without giving a single explanation about it. Super7 must have learned from those mistakes, supposedly they are fans just like us, but no, they're making the same mistakes without saying a single word too, it's a shame.
    Is it so difficult to do things right?

I think that Duncan is my second most wanted figure - ever! So when I see this sample I think, why is he so shiny and what's up with those thighs??

Please, please, please Super7 / 4H, DON'T LET THIS SAMPLE BE FINAL!!!! I am glad he has the sculpted armor on his arms, and the face sculpt is amazing.... but please fix the rest, if not for us, then for Duncan at least! He has been waiting patiently for over 30 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    What is an eyesore for me is the top of the legs "sticking out" with the ball joints clearly visible. It makes it appear as if these (and the Power Con figures) are wearing leg guards of sorts.
    Agreed.

This has to fixed, and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I would really like to know this as well.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Wow, I don't come on here a few weeks and Motu land has BLOWN up So, it looks like the new figures so far are not so great...To be fair, Super 7 may still bw working the glitches out, but I'm concerned about Wave 1 of CC and CG I preordered a few months ago. Is going to make it much harder to do this preorder without having the others in hand yet

How are the wide crotch and shiny plastic minor issues?

That's a strange thing for 4H to say.

Pretty sure I'm out as a Super7 customer on this wave (as well as the first CG wave). I'll put in a preorder for Sorceress on BBTS and pray they fix the crotch by the time she's in production.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

New image on 4F instagram, they mentioned improvement in the ankles, but didn't refer to the wide crotch.

four_horsemen_studios Hawke from Masters of the Universe Classics showing off the new and improved ankle rocker joints being used for the line!
    21980398_473708136343630_3050240770951872512_n.jpg