Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave 2 MOTUC CC & CG (2018 Wave 1) Pre-Order information & discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Wait..Am I getting this right? We have no idea when Wave 1 will be out but S7 wants our money for Wave 2 already?Man, I wish I could run a business like this and make money!!!
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

Now, MOTU Classics is a Kickstarter line.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    New image on 4F instagram, they mentioned improvement in the ankles, but didn't refer to the wide crotch.

Attachment 114350
    LOL!

They tell us that they are fixing the ankles now? NOW?!? The ankle issue was a problem in WAVE ONE!

Maybe they'll get to the crotch and plastic problem by wave five... c'mon guys!

Quote Originally Posted by powerofGS View Post
    Wait..Am I getting this right? We have no idea when Wave 1 will be out but S7 wants our money for Wave 2 already?Man, I wish I could run a business like this and make money!!!
    The biggest issue, for me, is that they will come out to ask for money, but not address the concerns coming out of PowerCon...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I want a Dylamug as it should blend in okay with vintage toys. But I refuse to preorder the wave to get it, I will wait for in-hand reviews. If the mess up and pull another "the factory did it, it was a new factory, don't blame us" I will pass on it and write the company off.

Super 7 replied to a comment of mine on Insta re Teela's face, shiny plastic etc.

They said the figs shown at power con were "the first pass in a very lengthy process of tweaking items to end up with the product we will all be happy with".

People need to show some patience. I'm taking the Horsemen comments on the issues being "minor" to mean they're easily fixed...

Court Magician
    Does anyone know if we are going to have to order all four Filmation Classics or will we be able to order singles without purchasing the entire wave first?

Quote Originally Posted by Despotron View Post
    Super 7 replied to a comment of mine on Insta re Teela's face, shiny plastic etc.

They said the figs shown at power con were "the first pass in a very lengthy process of tweaking items to end up with the product we will all be happy with".

People need to show some patience. I'm taking the Horsemen comments on the issues being "minor" to mean they're easily fixed...
    I agree 100%. I will admit I was upset with what I saw at Powercon, but Then The Horsmen stated they were working to get all the bugs worked out before these go into production. If Super7 was Smart they will have Delayed The Collectors Choice & Club Grayskull wave one figure sets until all bugs are worked out. Meaning better plastic being used the looks and feels more like what we got from Mattel product and not shiny hard plastic. Change the Wide Crotch to the smaller one that's been used for years on MOTUC figures and get the paint apts correct on all figures. If they do this and Wave one turns out to be a great product then wave two will be awesome as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Does anyone know if we are going to have to order all four Filmation Classics or will we be able to order singles without purchasing the entire wave first?
    No one can just purchase singe figures, You have to purchase all 4 as a set, then and only then does Super7 allow you to purchase extras of single characters but only from the wave of 4 you purchase.

Some people go through BBTS to just buy what they want but that's very costly as BBTS has a high markup on their cost and they will charge $49.99 per figure and that does not include shipping cost.
    Last edited by mjw41; September 28, 2017 at 08:15am.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Some people go through BBTS to just buy what they want but that's very costly as BBTS has a high markup on their cost and they will charge $49.99 per figure and that does not include shipping cost.
    Shipping for a figure through BBTS is only going to cost $4. Super 7 charges a lot for shipping. So if you're only after 1 figure, going through BBTS isn't a bad deal. Plus you can cancel a preorder any time before they receive the stock. So if early reviews turn out bad, you can cancel your order. That's what I did with the comic variant Power Con set. Preordering with BBTS allowed me to avoid paying over $100 for craptastic figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Shipping for a figure through BBTS is only going to cost $4. Super 7 charges a lot for shipping. So if you're only after 1 figure, going through BBTS isn't a bad deal. Plus you can cancel a preorder any time before they receive the stock. So if early reviews turn out bad, you can cancel your order. That's what I did with the comic variant Power Con set. Preordering with BBTS allowed me to avoid paying over $100 for craptastic figures.
    I agree with this totally.

The massive shipping costs from Super7 offset a lot of the savings on small purchases. If you only want Sorceress, for example, it makes no sense to buy from Super7.

Plus the ability to cancel is a huge deal given the weird indifference to some QC issues.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Despotron View Post

I agree and I really hope all will be good, because I need more and more Classics !
    If all is perfect I am sure they will sell tons of MOTUCs and the line could keep going a long time.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'll be helping out folks again who want to order 1 or a few individual figures rather than buying a while wave .

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...What most folks seem to be forgetting, is that the first waves of Collectors' Choice & Club Grayskull/Filmation were supposed to be "in-house" at Super 7 in October, to ship out presumably in October or November! Now with Power-Con come & gone, there are STILL no finished production pieces, let alone final packaged product ready yet, and they are STILL "tweaking" on the production level... What all these means is that unless there is sudden, super-speedy resolution to the production issues, these waves may not even ship out THIS YEAR!! I am personally fine with waiting, as I don't want to drop $300+ and receive sub-par product, especially with my long-awaited LODAR, but again, this goes against Super 7's initial selling-points, and Sadly, while I am THRILLED by the 2nd Wave line-ups, I can't justify dropping that kind of money again and waiting who knows how long for the finished, in-hand product... Again! More importantly, I can't expect my fiancee to back the idea of having that much money out in indeterminate Limbo for the second time in less than a year! So I will unfortunately have to pass on the "pre-order", and wait for these to actually BE FINISHED and in hand at BBTS or another online retailer... Not trying to discourage anybody else from laying the money out, I just can't do it again... It is Totally Different than committing to a yearly or half-yearly subscription from Mattel, and laying out the money on a monthly basis, knowing you will get the product THAT MONTH, or occasionally a bit late! No offense to Super 7... It's just not a sales-model I can personally get behind again!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I can't believe that there is still no mention of any accessories coming with the Sorceress figure when all the other figures accessories were mentioned. She should come with something like extra set of swappable hands or her staff, even the Kuduk Ungle head....Something

MOTUC COLLECTOR'S CHOICE 2018 WAVE 1

• Dylamug: The evil robotic Horde Trooper comes with Incineration Blast.
    • Granita: The superhuman heroine of the Rock People arrives with her Refraction Laser at the ready.
    • Karg: The ghoulish commander of Skeletor's army comes armed with Crucia - The Dagger of Agony and a Fleshburner Laser Gun.
    • Wrap Trap: The cursed undead creature emerges from the eons with the Khopesh of Kartan and Necrobow.

MOTUC CLUB GRAYSKULL 2018 WAVE 1

• Man-E-Faces: The redeemed member of the Heroic Warriors comes equipped with an MT-83 Laser Gun.
    • Mer-Man: The amphibious servant of Skeletor arrives armed with his Spear of Bakull, Sword of Rakash, and Freeze Ray Gun.
    • Sorceress: The powerful protector of Eternia and the secrets of Grayskull.
    • Tung Lashor: The venomous member of the Evil Horde is equipped with a Horde Issue Jet Pack.

Staff and/or Zoar.

I want to see that Horde jet pack.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Quote Originally Posted by Baedal View Post
    New image on 4F instagram, they mentioned improvement in the ankles, but didn't refer to the wide crotch.

Attachment 114350
    Glad to see her head is still enormous. (On the bright side, yay for functioning, well articulated, aesthetically pleasing ankles!)

What this all comes down to, is that there are known issues, and Super-7 has yet to acknowledge any of these major customer concerns directly before they open pre-orders for the next wave.

Meanwhile, we all will wait months (which is fine to wait IF they get the major concerns for the shipped figures taken care of) before we receive or so much as have a look at final production figures from the previous wave.

How hard is this for them to understand? So far the best we have gotten is that the Four Horsemen are involved in working on getting the figures improved. (By the way, the fact that they are working on the figures comes from the Horsemen themselves, Super-7 never even told us that directly.) In all of this, no one has addressed the 2 main concerns folks have with these figures. The wide crotch piece and the shiny plastic. Will they address these issues directly before the Pre-Order ends? Everyone is asking about it, and NO ONE (neither Super-7 or the Horsemen) has mentioned they are even so much as looking in to these particular issues. What are people supposed to do when the pre-order comes up? Will they so much as ADDRESS any of this before the pre-order is over, let alone mention that they WILL have a solution for the final figures for this wave or the next?

All it would really take would be a direct acknowledgement of the individual concerns and what they will be/won't be doing to address each of them. How hard is this? Are they not saying anything for legal reasons? Well then I would assume my lawyer would advise me to not place any kind of binding pre-order
    Last edited by darkmoon766; September 28, 2017 at 07:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...What most folks seem to be forgetting, is that the first waves of Collectors' Choice & Club Grayskull/Filmation were supposed to be "in-house" at Super 7 in October, to ship out presumably in October or November! Now with Power-Con come & gone, there are STILL no finished production pieces, let alone final packaged product ready yet, and they are STILL "tweaking" on the production level... What all these means is that unless there is sudden, super-speedy resolution to the production issues, these waves may not even ship out THIS YEAR!! I am personally fine with waiting, as I don't want to drop $300+ and receive sub-par product, especially with my long-awaited LODAR, but again, this goes against Super 7's initial selling-points, and Sadly, while I am THRILLED by the 2nd Wave line-ups, I can't justify dropping that kind of money again and waiting who knows how long for the finished, in-hand product... Again! More importantly, I can't expect my fiancee to back the idea of having that much money out in indeterminate Limbo for the second time in less than a year! So I will unfortunately have to pass on the "pre-order", and wait for these to actually BE FINISHED and in hand at BBTS or another online retailer... Not trying to discourage anybody else from laying the money out, I just can't do it again... It is Totally Different than committing to a yearly or half-yearly subscription from Mattel, and laying out the money on a monthly basis, knowing you will get the product THAT MONTH, or occasionally a bit late! No offense to Super 7... It's just not a sales-model I can personally get behind again!
    As I noted a couple of posts above... the only news coming from Super7 is to ask us for more money.... for a product that may or may not be worth it.... and that other set of figures you've already paid for? Yeah, that's gonna be a while - and the problems may or may not get fixed before you see them.

I completely agree with the BBTS route. They take the Super7 business / order practices and fix them. For me, that's worth the extra money they charge.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting comments about shiny plastic. I'm not in favour, but do folks not remember how shiny the original figures were? They lost their lustre very quickly through play, but they gleamed right out the packet.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Interesting comments about shiny plastic. I'm not in favour, but do folks not remember how shiny the original figures were? They lost their lustre very quickly through play, but they gleamed right out the packet.
    True but this shiny plastic is due to the choice of Materials the Super7 Factory went with for the grade of plastic which was also VERY hard and rigid. Super7 needs to figure out the correct grade of plastic like Mattel used for the MOTUC's line so that the figures look and feel the same quality.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    What this all comes down to, is that there are known issues, and Super-7 has yet to acknowledge any of these major customer concerns directly before they open pre-orders for the next wave.

How hard is this for them to understand? So far the best we have gotten is that the Four Horsemen are involved in working on getting the figures improved. (By the way, the fact that they are working on the figures comes from the Horsemen themselves, Super-7 never even told us that directly.) In all of this, no one has addressed the 2 main concerns folks have with these figures. The wide crotch piece and the shiny plastic. Will they address these issues directly before the Pre-Order ends? Everyone is asking about it, and NO ONE (neither Super-7 or the Horsemen) has mentioned they are even so much as looking in to these particular issues. What are people supposed to do when the pre-order comes up? Will they so much as ADDRESS any of this before the pre-order is over, let alone mention that they WILL have a solution for the final figures for this wave or the next?
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this sentiment. Communication seems to have dried up completely as far as addressing growing concerns, and we need to hear from S7 themselves on these problems. They are asking for a whole lot of money upfront with a lot of questions floating in the air. Post, release or video, someone from S7 needs to say something if this line is going to have a chance to continue. It's a very limited market where you can't afford to lose even a small segment, and they are badly mishandling this right now. I really want to support them, but they are making it difficult.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Maybe all the prep for NYCC is taking their focus away from a lot of this, I don't know. Just playing devils advocate here, but then how hard is it to put together an email, or a couple of minute video clip?
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

So close to getting Dylamug too Still hopefully enough folks order to push wave 2 through as I doubt there will be a wave 3.

What is scary is them displaying those awful production samples (especially Teela). Didn't anyone look at them and think "these aren't good enough and improvements need to be made so let's display the prototypes again instead as we don't want to put the collectors off pre-ordering the new wave 2 figures"??? I wonder if they think cheap looking shiny hard plastic is acceptable as MOTU fans will just buy anything with a MOTU logo on it

I'm going to see how much shipping will be as it might not be that much more to order from BBTS as I only paid $8 shipping from them for Ultimates He-Man. The saving on shipping might offset the mark up on the figures somewhat and like others have said, it's worth paying a bit extra for the option to cancel.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    So close to getting Dylamug too Still hopefully enough folks order to push wave 2 through as I doubt there will be a wave 3.
    I think I agree with you.

I'm sad we'll never get an Ultimate She-Ra, but I guess I don't really want one that looks like the production samples at Powercon.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Hate to say it, but with all the news lately, I think for the first time--I'm going to have to start cherry picking this line.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I was pleased with the Ultimates, and haven't received the PowerCon exclusives yet. I ordered the last two waves S7 offered (Classics & Club Grayskull), too.

But I'm really on the fence about ordering another two waves without having more product in hand. I really think that S7 should wait until the last two waves are delivered before taking pre-orders for more. I'm not offended by long wait times, at all. If the quality is comparable to Ultimates, then I'll be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I was pleased with the Ultimates, and haven't received the PowerCon exclusives yet. I ordered the last two waves S7 offered (Classics & Club Grayskull), too.

But I'm really on the fence about ordering another two waves without having more product in hand. I really think that S7 should wait until the last two waves are delivered before taking pre-orders for more. I'm not offended by long wait times, at all. If the quality is comparable to Ultimates, then I'll be pleased.
    The Ultimates were made at the old factory (the one Mattel used) and my Ultimate He-Man is fantastic. The Power-Con and Wave One figures are being made in a new factory which Super7 often uses. So you cannot base quality of the new upcoming figures on what we got with the Ultimates.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Heroic Warrior
    the figure line up is amazing but like everyone else I am not going to preorder based on the powercon figures, I will probably go through bigbad toystore or just not get them if they aren't available, I would like to have the ability to cancel based on what I get from wave 1. Super 7 doesn't have to respond but it might hurt their preorders, Just stating that this will be the first time I have not subbed/preordered since they first offered the option years ago.