Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 1207

Thread: Super7 Wave 2 MOTUC CC & CG (2018 Wave 1) Pre-Order information & discussion

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,494
    People are worried that there won't be enough pre-orders to go into production, I am actually worried that they will sell out before I get to place my order. Does anyone know how long the figures will stay up for sale?

    How long did the last sets stay up for sale?

  2. #102
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    People are worried that there won't be enough pre-orders to go into production, I am actually worried that they will sell out before I get to place my order. Does anyone know how long the figures will stay up for sale?

    How long did the last sets stay up for sale?
    I think they are staying up for all of October.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior gman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    96
    5% surcharge for using the payment plan. I know it's not a lot of extra money, but this whole experience is becoming less fun


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    5% surcharge for using the payment plan. I know it's not a lot of extra money, but this whole experience is becoming less fun
    This isn't a huge deal in and of itself. But add this to everything else and the crap just keeps piling up:

    - 1st batch (Ultimates) - spotty QC
    - 2nd batch (Power-Con) - made out of bad plastic. Too stiff, waxy looking
    - 3rd batch (wave 1, 2017) - Not in our hands yet but Super 7 won't confirm that the issues with the Power-Con batch will be fixed
    - They're asking for a lot of money all up front
    - Their shipping is sky high
    - They want an additional 5% just to be able to split up payments.

    This is really adding up.

    I just can't commit to another batch of figures when Super 7 hasn't proven themselves yet. I may pre-order a few figures from BigBadToyStore. I'll be paying a little more for each figure but their shipping is dirt cheap. BBTS always gets their stock in after early reviews start showing up. So if any or all of the figures get bad reviews, then I can cancel my pre-order for some or all of the figures. Right now that sounds like the safest bet.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  5. #105
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,233
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    5% surcharge for using the payment plan. I know it's not a lot of extra money, but this whole experience is becoming less fun
    Well if you order both sets it's $14 at least.

    and still no actual details about the figures either! Nothing on articulation and features, no confirmation on all the accessories, nothing on Sorceress cape. For all intents and purposes we could be ordering 8 plastic statues! I wish Mattel were still making these

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    People are worried that there won't be enough pre-orders to go into production, I am actually worried that they will sell out before I get to place my order. Does anyone know how long the figures will stay up for sale?

    How long did the last sets stay up for sale?
    You understand the concept 'made to order' don't you?
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

    Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris, Inner Earth
    Posts
    2,058
    If I ever buy any of the newer figures, there's no question at all that it will either be from BBTS or eBay.
    Odd Man Out

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I think they are staying up for all of October.
    I hope so. Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

    You understand the concept 'made to order' don't you?
    Sorry, I don't believe that at all. I think it's one of the tiny fibs companies are allowed to tell. I think they have a magic number they need to hit, then it stops.

  8. #108
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    430
    yeah Im going through BBTS as well if the CG figs come out crappy Ill just cancel

  9. #109
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I hope so. Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sorry, I don't believe that at all. I think it's one of the tiny fibs companies are allowed to tell. I think they have a magic number they need to hit, then it stops.
    There is a minimum number, for sure. But once that is hit, the actual order numbers can be used to negotiate the best deal with the factory, and get into discussions about materials, paint apps, etc. So they do have their place and it's not a complete fib.

    People seem to be forgetting Super 7 orders can also be cancelled prior to shipment. I don't encourage it--as we should have faith the necessary changes will be made in time for production--BUT just as with Mattel, it IS an option, if the product doesn't eventually live to expectations. No one should feel they're betraying the brand or whatever. We have the right as consumers to expect the same quality product as advertised. So go ahead and order direct from the source without concern. At least, if shipping and whatever surcharges don't kill the deal for you.

  10. #110
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I'll be helping out folks again who want to order 1 or a few individual figures rather than buying a while wave .
    That's good to know. I'm still unsure if I want to get all four Filmation figures, if I don't get the full set I'll message you to see if you can help me out with what I want to order

  11. #111
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    This isn't a huge deal in and of itself. But add this to everything else and the crap just keeps piling up:

    - 1st batch (Ultimates) - spotty QC
    - 2nd batch (Power-Con) - made out of bad plastic. Too stiff, waxy looking
    - 3rd batch (wave 1, 2017) - Not in our hands yet but Super 7 won't confirm that the issues with the Power-Con batch will be fixed
    - They're asking for a lot of money all up front
    - Their shipping is sky high
    - They want an additional 5% just to be able to split up payments.

    This is really adding up.

    I just can't commit to another batch of figures when Super 7 hasn't proven themselves yet. I may pre-order a few figures from BigBadToyStore. I'll be paying a little more for each figure but their shipping is dirt cheap. BBTS always gets their stock in after early reviews start showing up. So if any or all of the figures get bad reviews, then I can cancel my pre-order for some or all of the figures. Right now that sounds like the safest bet.
    This X 1000.

    Super7 has not entirely earned our trust and they're asking for more money... that is arrogantly bold.

    I hope I am wrong, and all of the QC issues coming out of PowerCon will be addressed and fixed and I'll have nothing to worry about. But the lack of communication - a simple Facebook post or a couple of lines here at the .org would go a long way - is killing their sales for the next wave before they even begin.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

  12. #112
    Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This X 1000.

    Super7 has not entirely earned our trust and they're asking for more money... that is arrogantly bold.

    I hope I am wrong, and all of the QC issues coming out of PowerCon will be addressed and fixed and I'll have nothing to worry about. But the lack of communication - a simple Facebook post or a couple of lines here at the .org would go a long way - is killing their sales for the next wave before they even begin.
    I think exactly the same.

    Super7 made a great a job and that is awesome they saved MOTUC, I am grateful for this, but that would be a shame these little bugs kill the line...
    4h job on the figure is great and that is sad if we cannot have these awesome figures in hands.

    With all the fantastic figures they showed us, and the nice poll threads for more and more Classics, we all can wait longer if they need more time to improve our figures.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

    >>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

    $$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

  13. #113
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    I am seeing a ton of negativity, which is completely fine as everyone has their own opinion. I personally have faith in the final product that 4H and Super 7 will deliver. There was tons of drama and worry over the Ultimates as well but everyone seemed to be praising the figures once in hand. It's a beautiful set of figures that I look at daily. It just seems to me that photos rarely do justice to what we will end up getting in hand. I am 100% on board for all figures in these new waves and can't wait to get them all.

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,859
    So, am I right In thinking that the old factory was used to make the ultimate figures and then was switched to a new factory going forward from the Powercon figures onward? In other words, were dealing with a new factory and possibly new (inferior) materials that's causing all this ruckus? Just wondering since there seems to have been a shift between Ultimates reception and Powercon figures reception from what I'm seeing...

  15. #115
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    417
    In a word, yes. The Ultimates were done at the Mattel factory. Everything onward (incl Power Con) is coming from Super 7's factory choice.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    https://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

    Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior He-Kal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    In a word, yes. The Ultimates were done at the Mattel factory. Everything onward (incl Power Con) is coming from Super 7's factory choice.
    Welp, I think we have our answer of what went wrong Remember when the old factory took sooooo long to get things right (and still messed stuff up)? Now were starting the whole process over again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    There is a minimum number, for sure. But once that is hit, the actual order numbers can be used to negotiate the best deal with the factory, and get into discussions about materials, paint apps, etc. So they do have their place and it's not a complete fib.

    People seem to be forgetting Super 7 orders can also be cancelled prior to shipment. I don't encourage it--as we should have faith the necessary changes will be made in time for production--BUT just as with Mattel, it IS an option, if the product doesn't eventually live to expectations. No one should feel they're betraying the brand or whatever. We have the right as consumers to expect the same quality product as advertised. So go ahead and order direct from the source without concern. At least, if shipping and whatever surcharges don't kill the deal for you.
    Oh really? How can we do that (I look at my email confirmation and don't see an option when I go to the website)?
    Last edited by He-Kal; September 30, 2017 at 11:15am.

  17. #117
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    All of the images that I have seen showing figures from the new factory look fine to me, but I have not yet seen the PC figures in-hand, so it's hard for me to give my opinion on those. I thought new images of CG Teela looked fine as well, but again, not in hand. Also, being a MOC collector I am not effected by issues such as hard plastic, etc., so I realize that opinions vary, and everyone has a right to their opinion, I just wanted to weigh in with mine as well. Just saying that I have faith in 4H and S7 giving it their best shot like they did with the Ultimates, and I have rarely been disappointed once getting any of the 4H MOTUC figures in hand, including Point Dread Teela. I also feel the PC figures may be an anomaly due to being 1, the first batch from the new factory, and 2 were being paid for independently which probably effected materials, paint apps, and ability to make changes. Just really excited for these 16 character selections that S7 is starting off with and glad to lay my money down for them. I'm confident that I will be happy with the end result.

  18. #118
    Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    2,911
    So they want us to plunk down a lot of cash before they can even specify what the Sorceress' cape is made of, or if she'll be able to sit down on the Grayskull throne? That's ... well, pretty funny. Nice try, Super7, but next time act like professionals.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

    If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior jscott991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Grayson View Post
    I thought new images of CG Teela looked fine as well, but again, not in hand.
    I'm not surprised that you think this, given that you liked Point Dread Teela.

    Although the rest of us were hoping for something much better from CG Teela. And we aren't going to get it.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

    Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

  20. #120
    Court Magician Knight Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35
    That is a good point and more than likely shows that I am one of the easier collectors to please. In regards to ever getting a perfect Filmation Teela though, I think that is as likely as Hasbro getting Han Solo's likeness sculpted perfectly, which they have obviously tried over and over to do. So I guess in her case, while not perfect, I feel that they gave her their best shot, and may be the best that can currently be achieved.

  21. #121
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,776
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I'm not surprised that you think this, given that you liked Point Dread Teela.

    Although the rest of us were hoping for something much better from CG Teela. And we aren't going to get it.

    What are you basing that on? 4H already said as far as teela goes they are working on how her face gets painted and the plastic issue. Once corrected 4H said she should like just like her paint master.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

    Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.


    Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

    Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior Soothe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    What are you basing that on? 4H already said as far as teela goes they are working on how her face gets painted and the plastic issue. Once corrected 4H said she should like just like her paint master.
    Looking for Hot Toys quality at a fraction of the price.

  23. #123
    Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC Collectibles
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Welp, I think we have our answer of what went wrong Remember when the old factory took sooooo long to get things right (and still messed stuff up)? Now were starting the whole process over again?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh really? How can we do that (I look at my email confirmation and don't see an option when I go to the website)?
    You may have to email them if that's your intent. Every store has it's own return policy after the product ships, but pretty much any manufacturer worth its salt will allow cancellations before the product ships. You have every right to cancel--after all you're the one paying. There may be a cancellation fee though. You'd have to ask. But usually that sort of thing is layed out on the purchase page or manufacturer's FAQ page, and if not, typically there isn't a fee. But, you will have to check with Super 7 to be sure. Worse to worse, you can always talk with your credit card company if you need an out. But that would be a last resort type of situation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That's encouraging. This would be the master shown way back at Toy Fair? That was the best one, closest to the animation.

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,543
    I think that it's becoming more and more evident that the way that they're doing this isn't really working out, at least right now and for most people.

    For instance, I didn't notice it as much before with the Ultimates & Wave 1, but am noticing it more now since more figures are involved, shorter payment recovery times, and seemingly issues with the product as well.

    I'd say cut down each Pre-Order window to just (4) figures and don't start another until the previous one ships. That way people at least get something and they get to see how the previous turned out before they buy again. It's defiantly a good deal of cash that some people are putting down upfront on these with out a return. Yea, I know stuff will come out at a snails pace, but I think that it's too much with this format.

    A full payment of (8) for just one set plus shipping and now another. That's (16) figures plus shipping for just one set. God forbid you want two sets or more.

    It may not seem like much, but it's a BIG difference from what people are used to. With Mattel you paid upfront for the sub. figure, a whopping $25.00 or so and for most didn't even have to pay for the monthly figure yet on your statement before the monthly figure arrived.

    I'll round the S7 figures off to $40.00 a piece as I include a little something for shipping. That comes out to $640.00 for (16) BEFORE even getting any. $25.00 vs. $640.00.....you can see the frustration. If this is how they choose to operate, I think that it's imperative that they change a few things around here for the long term survival of the line....As mentioned earlier....you've also then got the quality of product issues too. Things can be done, but will they do them?....

  25. #125
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Looking for Hot Toys quality at a fraction of the price.
    Or maybe we just want a figure that actually resembles Filmation Teela? I know it sounds crazy....

    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I'm not surprised that you think this, given that you liked Point Dread Teela.

    Although the rest of us were hoping for something much better from CG Teela. And we aren't going to get it.
    Especially because this could very well be the last Teela figure that gets made... we've pretty much exhausted the variants (except for a possible NA or 200X version) and I am hoping beyond hope to finally have that Filmation-accurate Teela that I've wanted since 1983.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the NEW ADVENTURES lineup !!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •